Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] Automatic Update Client for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=48517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- kay.one - 2009-04-12

Alright guys. I'm getting ready to release a new build. The main update in this build is self updates. Kind of ironic how an app that is built from ground up to update another app can't update itself. Any how.

I need some help from you guys. I would really appreciate anyone who is reading this to go to the folder that they have xbmxupdate installed, zip up your log folder and send me a copy. it would really help me a lot to fix any issues or miss behaviors that the app has logged.
Ps. The log files don't contain any personal information.

- automated - 2009-04-12

This is really cool, thanks!

One feature I would love is an option not to overwrite certain files, in particular the keymap.xml.

- bobrap - 2009-04-12

automated Wrote:This is really cool, thanks!

One feature I would love is an option not to overwrite certain files, in particular the keymap.xml.

+1Nod

- xexe - 2009-04-12

That should be requested from the installer and not the updater.

- kricker - 2009-04-12

xexe Wrote:That should be requested from the installer and not the updater.
This app doesn't use the installer, and the installer should already not be overwriting the keymap.xml file. If the keymap.xml is being overwritten by the upgrader, then it is an upgrader issue. Post the issue at the Google code homepage for this app so kay.one can track it better.

- xexe - 2009-04-12

Apologies I completely misunderstood how the updater worked.

- kay.one - 2009-04-13

Alright guys, good news, just uploaded 0.7.0 which automatically updates itself! so ideally you would never have to re download the app.

I have also fixed the keymap.xml issue temporarily but will come up with a solution for an ignore file list.

give it a go, and let me know how it works!

- kay.one - 2009-04-13

kay.one Wrote:Alright guys, good news, just uploaded 0.7.0 which automatically updates itself! so ideally you would never have to re download the app.

I have also fixed the keymap.xml issue temporarily but will come up with a solution for an ignore file list.

give it a go, and let me know how it works!

alright dudes and girls! there was bug in 0.7.0 which would break self update. please download 0.7.2 manually! i promise its the last time!Big Grin

- americantabloid - 2009-04-13

Hi!

I just tried your update program. Great idea!.

I'm running Vista Ultimate Sp1 x64 and get an error when trying to install. It downloads and extracts fine, but get access denied when it tries to upgrade the installation. I assume that it has something to do with running Vista x64?

Posted the log file on pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/m228d843f

Best regards
at

- kay.one - 2009-04-13

americantabloid Wrote:Hi!

I just tried your update program. Great idea!.

I'm running Vista Ultimate Sp1 x64 and get an error when trying to install. It downloads and extracts fine, but get access denied when it tries to upgrade the installation. I assume that it has something to do with running Vista x64?

Posted the log file on pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/m228d843f

Best regards
at

sorry, i had this on the old homepage, somehow got left out of the new homepage,

Windows Vista Users: if you have XBMC installed in C:\Program Files\ or any other system folder, XBMCUpdate should be started with admin right otherwise it will not have access right to update XBMC. To start XBMCUpdate as admin, right click on the icon and click on "Run as administrator". If you have XBMCUpdate setup in windows scheduler make sure you have the option "Run with highest privileges" checked.

hope it helps!

- xexe - 2009-04-13

kay.one Wrote:alright dudes and girls! there was bug in 0.7.0 which would break self update. please download 0.7.2 manually! i promise its the last time!Big Grin

0.7.2 installed and tested. Flawless.

mapped it to my remote to make life easier.

An option to launch XBMC on update completion would save me a few buttin presses.

Excellent work. Really this app will save countless man hours.

- live2give - 2009-04-13

just tried the update tool, worked like a charm, good stuff, really easy to use

- abusharif - 2009-04-13

Tested it as well, tool seems to work as it should. No f--k ups either or overwritten files as far as i can see Smile

Well Done!

I have a habbit of copying a xbmc folder as backup just in case, maybe "snapshot" feature on update would be something to concider?

I know....not a biggie and I can do it on my own, but together with future scheduled updates maybe it could be neat feature Smile

edit: Not bothering posting it as feature on googlecode. Its just my personal mind rumblings, I can live without it ;-)

- xexe - 2009-04-13

A userdata snapshot/backup feature is a very good idea.

only issue is that userdata can get very big but thats probably all the more reason to backup

- americantabloid - 2009-04-13

Thanks K1, works perfectly when run as administrator on Vista x64.

Best regards
at