Kodi Community Forum
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO use XBMC and Vista Media Center with a MCE remote with EventGhost (/showthread.php?tid=48667)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- uncertainty - 2009-06-26

This is off topic a bit but since we all run XBMC and Media Center I thought I would ask. Everytime I am recording TV in Media Center (be it VMC or Win7) and then start XMBC my recording stops. The only way it then will record again is if I close XBMC.

Does anyone else have this same problem and know of any work around?

thanks

- The Dementor - 2009-06-26

Great guide, got nearly everything working except ff and rw won't work. They are mapped to the f and r keystrokes but when I use either in XBMC they stop the video or track.

Anyone any ideas?

- Seiatwork - 2009-06-29

Great job! Thanks a lot. Because of this post, I was able to configure the cheap $10 remote I bought off DealExtreme for XBMC.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14380

Really helpful. Thanks again Big Grin

- TerranQ - 2009-07-16

Just wanted to post and say this worked perfectly for me. I just recently began using MPC-HC as an external player, and couldn't figure out a way to get IRSS working for it as well, so switched back to eventghost. This method was easy to use, easy to understand, and works flawlessly with no lag, and no odd issues like I was having using the xbmc plugin. Also used it to set up MPC-HC with my remote.

Just have to fiddle with my keymap.xml a bit to get some of my other functions working in xbmc and I'll be set.

- garvani - 2009-07-21

Is there a better way to to go directly to the movie library than using xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles) atm its no good.. it dosnt take me into the library, it takes me to some random screen that looks like it could be some bad skinning, but im sure its because its not calling the window properly (using aeon showmix). Does anyone have it working properly?

- crazydrve - 2009-07-29

thanks for getting this figured out... i tried for days to perfect eventghost and xbmc and couldnt get it going...

everything works but 1 question..

lets say i am in xbmc watching videos, etc,
then decide to go to media center to watch netflix or whatever
then want to go back to xbmc...

the problem is when i close media center i see xbmc but i cant control it at all or make it active...
i still see the windows taskbar

is there anyway around this... would be very helpfulll. thanks again..

- LaTropa64 - 2009-07-29

crazydrve Wrote:thanks for getting this figured out... i tried for days to perfect eventghost and xbmc and couldnt get it going...

the problem is when i close media center i see xbmc but i cant control it at all or make it active...

Map a remote button to find xbmc window and bring it to front.

- ferni - 2009-08-03

crazydrve Wrote:thanks for getting this figured out... i tried for days to perfect eventghost and xbmc and couldnt get it going...

I use MCE Mender to add an XBMC shortcut in MCE. I launch XBMC from MCE and then when i press 'exit' it exits xbmc and goes back to MCE. if i want to launch XBMC again i do it from the shortcut/icon in MCE.

- pigheadpaul - 2009-08-03

very helpful for newby lol。thx alot!

- Vouzamo - 2009-08-19

I have a similar setup but only need it for XBMC, not VMC. I have a plugin for MCE remote (It's a philips RC6), a plugin for XBMC, and the launch program macro. Then I have dragged the functions across to the XBMC folder macros. This worked the first few times I ran it but has suddenly stopped working. Would mapping keyboard presses instead of the XBMC plugin make this work? The receiver led flashes on button presses and event ghost recognises the buttons. They just no longer do anything within XBMC.

- robart - 2009-08-19

when i uncheck the "disable hdi blabla" then i got every time i use the remote in xbmc a double command... i mean i click one left but he jumps to times...
but in eventghost he only showed one jump Sad

- Vouzamo - 2009-08-20

Vouzamo Wrote:I have a similar setup but only need it for XBMC, not VMC. I have a plugin for MCE remote (It's a philips RC6), a plugin for XBMC, and the launch program macro. Then I have dragged the functions across to the XBMC folder macros. This worked the first few times I ran it but has suddenly stopped working. Would mapping keyboard presses instead of the XBMC plugin make this work? The receiver led flashes on button presses and event ghost recognises the buttons. They just no longer do anything within XBMC.

Tried mapping to keyboard commands instead of XBMC plugin and it worked.

Have done a few cool things. The windows button starts XBMC and once in XBMC the button functions as a main menu button (Esc).

Only issue I have currently is that it also tries to run xbmc again (only one instance allowed so not too major) but want to modify it so that only certain commands are actioned whilst in XBMC and others when it is terminated. Just need to make it more like your example.

Does anyone know how to add keyboard commands in xbmc? e.g. add keyboard command for F1 which opens the video section at a specified directory.

Another thing I want to do is change the behaviour of the backspace key when I'm viewing the list of movies (by title). I want that to be the root. Have made default folder so that's where moview opens to but pressing backspace takes you up a level. can anything be done so backspace has no effect on the default folder?

- infy - 2009-08-20

Vouzamo, have a look at this thread. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=343891#post343891

- regis169 - 2009-09-02

ferni Wrote:I use MCE Mender to add an XBMC shortcut in MCE. I launch XBMC from MCE and then when i press 'exit' it exits xbmc and goes back to MCE. if i want to launch XBMC again i do it from the shortcut/icon in MCE.

Can you do this the other way round? I want to launch MCE from the shortcut in XBMC. Is this possible?

- warwagon - 2009-10-07

How about the XBMC developers just add support for the most popular Computer remote like everyone else has Smile

Seems like a big no brainier feature to me. I'm just surprised it hasn't been added yet after ALL this time. I mean if everyone is running this on there TV, how are they suppose to control it? Keyboard and mouse?

Yes I know you can go through a few quadrillion steps to get it to work,why not just add support for it.

I've just spent 10 mins trying to get it to work when it should work out of the box.

If I owned an off brand media center remote I could understand it not working. But a Microsoft Media Center remote? That's about as common place as you can get.

So i'm heading back to media portal i'll check back from time to time to see if support has been added yet.