Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: PM3.HD (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod) (/showthread.php?tid=48818)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- lndiana - 2009-06-05

LoloMc² Wrote:So, to do that, I need to find, before, how to increase/decrease the volume of the sound. And after, I agree, this would be simplier.
You'r right : Volume control first. The rest is only confort.
Regarding your remarks, I tried to move your 'Back' button to the top left corner, but have a problem : the 0,0 position is not the same on all screens.
I have to deepen...

LoloMc² Wrote:I would not say it is really practical but I would not say it is difficult with mine. Probably du to the 16/10 screen... The vertical scrolling is easy to catch even with my big fingers
On mine the scroollbar is difficult to reach.. so I set the zoom in XBMC to -2% and decrease the touch precision on borders (with the touch drivers).
But you're right : the top right corner is not a good idea...

LoloMc² Wrote:So what did you though about this ?
No way : I didn't have any audio menu... or I'm blind... Nerd

LoloMc² Wrote:Seems that this forum has so huge informations that I did not found it before... But in this thread, where you can download an archive, I found this :
I found the same information but by a different way : when I saw the volume in web interface, I'd look at the page name, but didn't found it in the web directory of xbmc...
Probably a dynamic page build... :o(

LoloMc² Wrote:And even better here :XBMC command for Volume Up/DownHuh
I think this one is more interessting...
Look at this :

Quote:You can use <onclick>command_from_keymap.xml</onclick> to access all the usual command functions.

eg:
<onclick>VolumeUp</onclick>
<onclick>VolumeDown</onclick>

LoloMc² Wrote:We can still start it ourself... But I have a new girlfriend Wink And so many other projects to finish already No
Ok, nice news. So don't spend time on your computer! Girls don't love Geeks! Wink

- lndiana - 2009-06-05

It works! Smile

Try this :
Quote: <control type="button" id="1200">
<description>Bouton Volume Down</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>505</posy>
<width>120</width>
<height>40</height>
<label>13423</label>
<onleft>10</onleft>
<onright>10</onright>
<onup>22</onup>
<ondown>20</ondown>
<onclick>VolumeDown</onclick>
</control>
<control type="button" id="1201">
<description>Bouton Volume Up</description>
<posx>120</posx>
<posy>505</posy>
<width>120</width>
<height>40</height>
<label>13424</label>
<onleft>10</onleft>
<onright>10</onright>
<onup>22</onup>
<ondown>20</ondown>
<onclick>VolumeUp</onclick>
</control>

- lndiana - 2009-06-05

Ok, I add it to your code.
My modifications :
- Add Volume buttons (without labels) to the OSD screen on top left corner : on the volume display.
- Add Volume buttons (with labels) in the 2 music screen, at the right of the back button
- decrease the size of the back button on music screen.
- switch play/pause button with the back button on the Music OSD screen (I prefer)
- Add your back button on the others screens (Videos/program, settings)

You could DL it here.
What do you think about it?

Anyway, thank you very much for starting this great idea.
Let me know if you find bugs or ameliorations.

PS : I finally found the Audio menu(s) Wink

- LoloMc² - 2009-06-05

lndiana Wrote:Ok, I add it to your code.
My modifications :
- Add Volume buttons (without labels) to the OSD screen on top left corner : on the volume display.
- Add Volume buttons (with labels) in the 2 music screen, at the right of the back button
- decrease the size of the back button on music screen.
- switch play/pause button with the back button on the Music OSD screen (I prefer)
- Add your back button on the others screens (Videos/program, settings)

You could DL it here.
What do you think about it?

Anyway, thank you very much for starting this great idea.
Let me know if you find bugs or ameliorations.

PS : I finally found the Audio menu(s) Wink

Hi Indiana

Thank you for the job. I'll try your release when I'll be back home in a few hours (Have to wait until the end of the football match to go back home!)
It's difficult to imagine with only textual explanations (at least for me Rofl)

I just have to ask you to change, in the name of the file, the release date to avoid confusion for everybody (And please use the month/day/year instead of our typical French day/month/year)

See you later Nod

- lndiana - 2009-06-08

Hi,

Ok, I'll change the release date format (I'd think it is the XMBC release...).
I prefer Year/month/day format, but no problem with the month/day/year one.
Smile

- lndiana - 2009-06-09

Hello,

What do you think about this guy proposal?
Can I post 'our' mod in the DL center ?

- LoloMc² - 2009-06-09

lndiana Wrote:Hello,

What do you think about this guy proposal?
Can I post 'our' mod in the DL center ?

Hi Indiana,

I do not consider that this mod belongs to me (or anybody else either...) so feel free to do what you want with it. After all, xbmc and all its files are under GPL licence which garantee the right to modify and distribute every part of it...

But, I would like you to keep in mind that it could become confusing for users (like you, when you were searching on the internet) if it start to be available everywhere without any "official" place to give suggestions/improvements back/comments/ideas/reporting bugs...

So what I suggest is to :
1 - Add a "readme" file in the archive with the link of this thread.
2 - Give a name without any possible confusion for users (In fact, exactly what I asked you before Cool) with the date.
3 - Add something like ---7"TFT ---- in the name of the file (I will talk about this in my next post, but I prefer some parts of your work and some of mine for my touch screen 15'' 16/10... So I will probably do a mixt)
4 - Possibly, but very long in time... As many French people do not speak/read well English, you can start to translate interesting parts of this thread and I'll modify the first message of this thead to add a link to your translation. A kind of :

Quote:Version francaise en bas de ce message
OR :
Quote:Pour la version francaise, veuillez cliquer ici :

And your post should contain :
Quote:Voici une archive contenant des fichiers modifiés de xbmc (version Atlantis finale) pour faciliter l'utilisation avec un écran tactile
C'est un travail collaboratif, donc si vous avez des idées ou ce que tu veux en fr...

What I do not suggest :
5 - Do not create a thread in other (especially a French one) forum to talk about this. why ? Because today you are working actively on it but tomorrow...?
Maybe some people will do some very advanced modification on one place and not on the other ? Who knows ? And who will have merge everything if you are not here anymore ? Maybe some people will need help...
We have the chance to have a great forum with developpers working on it ! If somebody has a fantastic idea ? Here one of those dev will read it! Anywhere else, never.

But as I told you, you do the way you want. This are just suggestions Nod

- lndiana - 2009-06-09

I aggree with you : it was not easy to me find a mod for touchscreen.
But I think it was especially because there is only one place (here) where people work on it. And prefer add link to each threads.

You said 80 people DL your file but nobody gave you return.
So I think that to share an idea, we must diffuse it, but have no time to maintains it.
That's the reason I'd open a thread on french forum.
And French guys are pretty happy with it and propose an UL to they repository (they're working on automatique skin DL in a installer program).
I don't have time to maintain this projet, so I share it on forums.
So developpers can analyse it and (why not) add it to the existing skin.
That's just what I want and french developpers look to be more interessting than ones on this forum (zero responses here).

But if you want to maintain a unique projet of this mod : do it.
I'll be pleased for that.

Anyway, thank you very much for help and suggestions (and idea!).
Smile

- LoloMc² - 2009-06-10

Indiana,
Could you tell me what you think about this version of MyMusicSongs.xml?

I like it more than everything we made Wink

Thank you

- lndiana - 2009-06-11

Hi,

I love it!
It's a little bit more 'finished' like the previous ones, no? Smile
One tips for labels : if you put it in the string.xml files in the 'language' directory of the skin either than the one in xbmc, it prevent to be overwrited by an xbmc update.
And the is apparently the right way in skin developpment.

Tell me when you apply it on all screen : I'll test (and use) it @home!

Smile

- LoloMc² - 2009-06-11

lndiana Wrote:Hi,

I love it!
It's a little bit more 'finished' like the previous ones, no? Smile
:p I knew it !

lndiana Wrote:One tips for labels : if you put it in the string.xml files in the 'language' directory of the skin either than the one in xbmc, it prevent to be overwrited by an xbmc update.
And the is apparently the right way in skin developpment.
Ok, thank you for the tips. I'll update it for the next release.

lndiana Wrote:Tell me when you apply it on all screen : I'll test (and use) it @home!
Smile
Do you prefer this one or what you made ? Which one is better for your screen (I am talking about the size)?
Are we ok to continue in such a way and working together on all other screens ? (except MusicOSD - I really want something different, I'll show you when it will be done)

Plus, I would like you to tell me where to find SVN release because I was not able to find it by myself and I would like to try the "remove USB" function (Plus I need to modify the "Myprogram.xml" also)

Thank you

- lndiana - 2009-06-11

I prefer yours of course!
The integration in XBMC is perfect!

I aggree with you about the MusicOSD : it's usable, but not perfect...
Happy to learn you work on it.

For me, here is a list of screens to be modified :
FileManager.xml
MusicOSD.xml
MyMusicNav.xml
MyMusicPlaylist.xml
MyMusicPlaylistEditor.xml
MyMusicSongs.frw.xml
MyMusicSongs.xml
MyPics.xml
MyPrograms.xml
MyScripts.xml
MyVideo.xml
MyVideoNav.xml
MyVideoPlaylist.xml
MyWeather.xml
Settings.xml
SettingsCategory.xml
SettingsProfile.xml

Try this : (but dont forget to backup and rename your PM3.HD skin before : the updater overwrite all xbmc (but not external skins and script, addons and of course db)
http://code.google.com/p/xbmcupdate/

- lndiana - 2009-06-11

I have to test it on my screen, but if it is the same size like the other button,
I think it's good!

- LoloMc² - 2009-06-11

Thank you for the link. This evening is quartier libre Big Grin

By the way, I was thinking (but it can requires some knowledges that I do not have) to get an option in the interface dialog page : Use touch screen (a checkbox/radio button if you prefer)

This button would allow touch screen modificated pages or not.

If this is really well done, maybe some dev could find interesting and wants this to be included directly in the XBMC official tree... :o :o :o (I know, I am dreaming !)

Anyway, I need modify all the pages in a "clean" way before... So if you can help, even partially, it would be really apprecieted

- lndiana - 2009-06-11

Good idea, but I don't think it is possible without compilation of the skin's code.
And have not the knowledge either...

So I prefer the separate skin PM3.HD.tactile for the moment...
If this mod interesse Devs, they'll integrate it in skins...

Unfortunatly, I don't have 'Quartier libre' for soon, and have 2 kids to educate Smile
Maybe can i help you to modify the other pages next week. Sorry