Kodi Community Forum
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex (/showthread.php?tid=49559)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- freezy - 2009-04-27

parrots Wrote:My concern is that almost all fanart out there doesn't have the show name on it. For those of us who would want the show name in the thumbs (like with posters), there is a lot of work to be done making new images. I'd love the ability to use the existing posters for shows/seasons.
+1 that. 16:9 thumbs look great, but there is zero scraper support. I'd very welcome the possibility to switch to a poster view like at movies. Also the possibility to remove the "other thumbs" in movie view would be nice. I think you should consider a mode where users who don't recreate all their media specially for Aeon get acceptable results. Wink

- Steve_McQueen - 2009-04-27

djh_ Wrote:Screengasm. (No more, I promise).

What is the the relation between big thumb and episode? Is it a static series/season -fanart or changeable depending on the the episode.

- jmcdeuce - 2009-04-27

DJH - Any chance to get the info to come up automatically without the delay? I dont mind disabling the automatic bit, although I would appreciate it coming up quickly while scanning rather than pushing 'up'. Maybe another option for the toggle? [btw thanks for all the hard work - really appreciate your work]

Small Request - about info delay - jmcdeuce - 2009-04-27

DJH - Any chance to get the info to come up automatically without the delay? I dont mind disabling the automatic bit, although I would appreciate it coming up quickly while scanning rather than pushing 'up'. Maybe another option for the toggle? [btw thanks for all the hard work - really appreciate your work]

- tvdb-scott - 2009-04-27

freezy Wrote:16:9 thumbs look great, but there is zero scraper support.

We'll figure out something soon to resolve that on the TV end. See this thread:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=890

In a nutshell we'll start flagging fan art to note whether it includes the series logo or text, and then pass that along in the API. I'm sure XBMC can handle it easily enough, but you'd have to bribe one of the scraper devs (I think spiff can be paid in beer or European death metal Wink).

Coco will be adding this support sometime soon, and I'll be incorporating it into our new site design/structure as well. In the meantime feel free to add fan art with text/logos but keep in mind that you should go back and flag them once we build the feature in. People will have to manually download them until they're in our API where XBMC can scrape them.

- mindweaver - 2009-04-27

I have a request (sorry if I missed that someone else has requested the same)

Would it be possible to set Media icon (the episode information) popup settings based on depth level?

I would like the popup to be on AUTO when i browse series. But I wan't it to be always on when I browse episodes. Would this be possible?

- bramblepants - 2009-04-27

Ilia Wrote:Hi djh,

Is there anyway that the showcase + list view can be re-added to the tv shows.. I kinda got use to them.. :<

Ilia

+1 to that idea as well, although I do like the look of this new view, I'm not sure if it'd pass the wife/girlfriend test! Having just got used to the list view I would be sad to not have the option to use it (although I'm sure someone could mod it!) Smile

- kdm1980 - 2009-04-27

bramblepants Wrote:+1 to that idea as well

+1 me too. Please do not remove existing layouts! No There are many good reasons for keeping them (at least showcase and list).

- not everbody wants to rebuild 16:9 artwork for their entire library. please do not force us to.

- using the latest SVN for mac, I still cannot get SeasonXX.tbn and Season-all.tbn to work. I guess it works in windows, but at this very moment it does not seem to work in mac. So for us mac users it would be needed to manual assign custom 16:9 thumbs every time we need to re-scrape from scratch. You know, it is a huge PITA.

- djh_ - 2009-04-27

I suppose there's no harm in reintroducing List and Showcase, though I'm keen for them to be locked off for Multiplex users as I don't want them popping up when they're not wanted. I'll put an option in the main Settings area to switch them back on.

- Duplex - 2009-04-27

[Request]

Not sure if someone allready suggested it or if its allready available but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Would it be possible to have an option so that the poster/image is stuck in the middle while scrolling trough movies/series/episodes, just like in Showcase - Flat? And when you reach the start of the list (1.2.3...) the selected poster/image moves left. And right when you reach the end (x,y,z).

Hope you understand what I mean, if not I can try and make a picture explaining it later.

- Hitcher - 2009-04-27

Is there definitely no way to have these 16x9 images stored with the shows under a different name (ie wide.tbn) and have them pulled by XBMC in a similar way to how the movie.tbn is used in the info screen?

- Weavus - 2009-04-27

djh_ Wrote:I suppose there's no harm in reintroducing List and Showcase
No harm as long as you dont mind people posting bug reports and requests for those views.

- bvinson - 2009-04-27

Great work with the new multiplex view. I particularly like it for TV shows.

I dont think this issue has been reported, but I have noticed that shortcuts are not recognized with multiplex (I use a remote and eventghost). To clear it up what I'm describing I'll give you an example. If I'm in Movies and go to the main screen, then click on "TV shows", the multiplex view works great. However, If I'm in movies and click the shortcut button to switch me to "TV Shows", the multiplex view doesnt work correctly, and actually lets me switch the view to list or showcase because it still thinks it's in the "Movies" view. I've been using Aeon for quite some time now, but this is the first time I've seen this issue show up. Hope that helps, and keep up the great work!

- bvinson - 2009-04-27

Great work with the new multiplex view. I particularly like it for TV shows.

I dont think this issue has been reported, but I have noticed that shortcuts are not recognized with multiplex (I use a remote and eventghost). To clear it up what I'm describing I'll give you an example. If I'm in Movies and go to the main screen, then click on "TV shows", the multiplex view works great. However, If I'm in movies and click the shortcut button to switch me to "TV Shows", the multiplex view doesnt work correctly, and actually lets me switch the view to list or showcase because it still thinks it's in the "Movies" view. I've been using Aeon for quite some time now, but this is the first time I've seen this issue show up. Hope that helps, and keep up the great work!

- djh_ - 2009-04-27

Problem solved.

Quote:updated: new "Unlock all views for TV Shows option"

Unlocks List, Wall and Showcase views for TV shows, for users who want an
alternative to default Multiplex view.