Kodi Community Forum
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos") - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos") (/showthread.php?tid=49761)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- mindweaver - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:Seems to defeat the purpose of making a new file doesn't it..

I believe this is a solution for fullscreen tvshow info.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

mindweaver Wrote:I believe this is a solution for fullscreen tvshow info.

Ah I get ya.
I was hoping that we would end up with poster.jpg for wide tv view and the standard folder.jpg for everything else. :/
This would also resolve the issues with the info view and save a lot of file moving around. >.<

- mindweaver - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:Ah I get ya.
I was hoping that we would end up with poster.jpg for wide tv view and the standard folder.jpg for everything else. :/
This would also resolve the issues with the info view and save a lot of file moving around. >.<

Yeah I know. That is what I was led to believe aswell. Maybe he was tired when he implemented it Smile

- iBeech - 2009-04-29

iBeech Wrote:They are amazing- PLEASE do more of these and post Smile

Only one additional request for the simpsons season thumbs, could you make them lower resolution? They look kinda poor when they're shrunk by XBMC Smile

- El Massman - 2009-04-29

Steve_McQueen Wrote:There is a lot of poor image and logo qualities being uploaded. Some got really bad composition. It might look fine when scaled down, but I really think we should hold off until there is a standard set.
Also, if you don't have a good enough image or logo, ask others before uploading what you got. Having a request thread might be an option.

i only started to teach myself photoshop the day after the 16:9 multiplex view was released but i'm having quite a lot of fun learning. i can't really speak for everyone but i like sharing what i make. i've taken plenty from the forum in the past without ever giving anything back so it's nice to finally be able to contribute. i'm already starting to see an improvement in my latest thumbs over the initial ones i started with and i'm sure the same could be said for everyone else who's in the same position as me although i can still see i have a LONG way to go. is there a place where people like me can upload their thumbs until we're creating them at an acceptable level for everyone although still allowing those who want to use them to download now?

24 Alternate

- struisje - 2009-04-29

iBeech Wrote:Only one additional request for the simpsons season thumbs, could you make them lower resolution? They look kinda poor when they're shrunk by XBMC Smile

Sure, what resolution would be prefered?

Big Bang Theory

- parrots - 2009-04-29

dyt72 Wrote:The Legend of The Seeker

Thanks, I was trying to avoid that one, extracting that nice text look like it'd be a pain.

Lots of updates for the front-page coming it seems *gets to work*

The Inbetweeners

- Steve_McQueen - 2009-04-29

El Massman Wrote:i only started to teach myself photoshop the day after the 16:9 multiplex view was released but i'm having quite a lot of fun learning. i can't really speak for everyone but i like sharing what i make. i've taken plenty from the forum in the past without ever giving anything back so it's nice to finally be able to contribute. i'm already starting to see an improvement in my latest thumbs over the initial ones i started with and i'm sure the same could be said for everyone else who's in the same position as me although i can still see i have a LONG way to go. is there a place where people like me can upload their thumbs until we're creating them at an acceptable level for everyone although still allowing those who want to use them to download now?

24 Alternate

The great thing about thetvdb is that you can delete your own uploads, so If one finds a better one you can fix it yourself. Not so easy on themoviedb.Nerd

I personally don't feel I have high requirements, but I would like people to consider quality of the image, crispness of the logo and readability of the scaled thumb, when they create these or any form of fanart.

I'm guessing a standard imagehost like imageshack would do if you want to show your work.

- hikaricore - 2009-04-29

Well then it's settled. If something better comes along, the original author can just decide if they want to remove their fanart or not.
This is pretty much an everyone wins situation and we can just drop it now and get back to the making of images. :p

p.s. Massman i think your images are just fine. Keep up the good work.

- Hidd3nFury - 2009-04-29

After seeing my upload for The O.C. used an example of sub-par work I thought I better redo it Smile

The O.C.

I took the other one down so if you could replace it with this one in the list.

Cheers

- parrots - 2009-04-29

Hidd3nFury Wrote:I took the other one down so if you could replace it with this one in the list.

Done sir.

- d0m3 - 2009-04-29

El Massman Wrote:The Inbetweeners

Ah you used my fanart cool. I'll delete my previous one with that fanart and writing as I can never seem to be able to transfer the TV show logo in Photshop. I'm not the best but its dissapointed to see some people slagging the images off.

- Hidd3nFury - 2009-04-29

d0m3 Wrote:I'm not the best but its dissapointed to see some people slagging the images off.

Agreed. At the end of the day nobody is being forced to use these. Anything that anybody contributes is good enough for me Big Grin