Kodi Community Forum
TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos") - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: TV Show Thumbs for Multiplex (Wide Poster "FanArt with Logos") (/showthread.php?tid=49761)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- d0m3 - 2009-04-29

Also, the images being displayed are only showed at a small resoution and finding high quality 1080p fanart for obscure TV shows is not that easy. I think as long as the font is readable and if possible, is the same font the show uses for DVD's etc then there great. After all, noone is being forced to use them.

- El Massman - 2009-04-29

d0m3 Wrote:Ah you used my fanart cool. I'll delete my previous one with that fanart and writing as I can never seem to be able to transfer the TV show logo in Photshop. I'm not the best but its dissapointed to see some people slagging the images off.

sorry. i didn't mean to steal your thunder or anything, lol. please don't delete it. i'm of the opinion that people should have a choice. i was annoyed at the poeple slagging other peoples work off at first but i'm pretty sure it's a minority. the majority of people here seem genuinely pleased that people are taking the time out to share their work. anything you produce and share is going to be of value to someone. and as i've found, the more you practice the better you get. some people here are producing phenomenal stuff and that's the standard i'm trying to work towards. i couldn't do logos at first but it only took me a few hours to pick it up. once you've got it it's fairly easy once you find a reasonably good quality source. keep up the good work mate...

Mass

ps.

Quote:Massman i think your images are just fine. Keep up the good work.
thank you

oh, and... Long Way Round

- pletopia - 2009-04-29

just curious .. has anyone started making season level 16x9 thumbs .. and do they work ??

- d0m3 - 2009-04-29

pletopia Wrote:just curious .. has anyone started making season level 16x9 thumbs .. and do they work ??

I think the general consensus is just to use fanart. There is currently a request for a change in multiplax so the fanart you see when browsing at episode level is in fact the season thumb.

- devilrejects - 2009-04-29

Is there any way to enable this view in files mode?

- d0m3 - 2009-04-29

I doubt it as it pretty much uses library data and in files mode you would just see file names rather then epiusode information.

Monk

- j0shin - 2009-04-29

As I have some shows not listed here, and seeing that I really suck at image editing, I'd like to request a few shows. Is that possible, and if so, is this the place to do it? Smile

i guess this is as good a place as any. i'm open to trying requests. if i can't handle it i'm sure someone else who can will step up to the bar.

Mr. Bean

- Steve_McQueen - 2009-04-29

hikaricore Wrote:Well then it's settled. If something better comes along, the original author can just decide if they want to remove their fanart or not.
This is pretty much an everyone wins situation and we can just drop it now and get back to the making of images. :p

p.s. Massman i think your images are just fine. Keep up the good work.
I'm dropping it.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:After seeing my upload for The O.C. used an example of sub-par work I thought I better redo it Smile

The O.C.

I took the other one down so if you could replace it with this one in the list.

Cheers
Sorry about that, it was just the first one I found. It wasn't bad it looked great in thumbsize, it just illustrated a point, a minor one at that.Blush

d0m3 Wrote:I'm not the best but its dissapointed to see some people slagging the images off.
Not people, just me. Sorry, It wasn't really about the images. I just thought people was a little fast on the trigger when uploading. As stated, 720p isn't really needed, Im just questioning if there should be a base template design.

d0m3 Wrote:Also, the images being displayed are only showed at a small resoution and finding high quality 1080p fanart for obscure TV shows is not that easy. I think as long as the font is readable and if possible, is the same font the show uses for DVD's etc then there great. After all, noone is being forced to use them.
I agree, that was part of the point I was unsuccessfully trying to make. :o
1080 and 720 is most likely huge overkills. Until a standard is set, like it is for backdrops, posters, banners and actors, we should exercise some caution before filling up thetvdb. Most of the images uploaded looks fine for its intended use.

El Massman Wrote:i was annoyed at the poeple slagging other peoples work off at first but i'm pretty sure it's a minority. the majority of people here seem genuinely pleased that people are taking the time out to share their work. anything you produce and share is going to be of value to someone. and as i've found, the more you practice the better you get. some people here are producing phenomenal stuff and that's the standard i'm trying to work towards. i couldn't do logos at first but it only took me a few hours to pick it up. once you've got it it's fairly easy once you find a reasonably good quality source. keep up the good work mate...

Mass
The minority is just me, so that's pretty minor. Wink
My intention wasn't to slag people so sorry if it came off like that. It was more about hopefully establish some base parameters for what is a new format.

No hard feelings steve mcqueen.

That's My Bush!

Slightly blurred up close but looks great when cached... Smile

oh my god... i've just discovered outlines! lol. that makes it a million times easier to clean up older or smaller titles.

Monkey Dust

- d0m3 - 2009-04-29

Gotta respect Steve Mcqueen for that post just. I think thetvdb.com just need to implent this new feature pretty soon as I bet a lot of people use Aeon and use TV shows in there XBMC library.

Allo! Allo!