Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Multiplex View with Video Window Mod (/showthread.php?tid=49915)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Montellese - 2009-05-27

I can confirm the issue reported by Rand Al Thor.

I have to report yet another issue:

My posters in Showcase are now overlayed with the background image used below the movie title in multiplex view if there is no info displayed.
Here is a screenshot:

Same goes for List and Wall view.

And before I forget it: VERY NICE WORK!!! Keep it up Laugh

- g00fy1 - 2009-05-28

Hey anoobie, I've modded your mod to my liking, I have it displaying thumb1 and thumb2 on top of each other on the right where the poster was.

My question: Is there any way to have a skin check to see if a file exists? If the extrathumbs are not there I'd like it to show the poster instead.

I suppose that's not an option in XMBC though.

Thanks!

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-05-28

Yes that is possible.

<visible>!IsEmpty.Listitem.fanart</visible>

Something along those lines. Basically the "!" means NOT. In this example the image is NOT visible if fanart is empty.

The wiki is pretty helpful.

- anoobie - 2009-05-28

Thanks for all the bug report. I will fix.

Updated mod3.3 with fixes - anoobie - 2009-05-28

Montellese Wrote:I get this only for the "..." entry (which I wanted to disable for a long time now but never done it).

I've got 4 questions (maybe they were already answered I only skipped through all the pages):

1. Can you link the background-image you're using in your screens? Coz it looks kinda nice.
2. Is it possible to remove the fanart and the overlay when a trailer is playing? Because it can look very odd depending on the size of the trailer etc.
3. Does the plot (overlaying the poster) ever scroll? Coz I just waited like 2 minutes on the movie "300" which has a very long plot and all I ever saw whas the first few sentences, no scrolling or something.
4. Is it possible to shorten movies with long names so they don't show over the poster and the media flags? An example is "The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford".

EDIT:

Another 2 things I've noticed:

1. The menu bar at the top is a lot darker than in all the other views. Is this because of the dark gradient to cover up possible fanarts?
2. Media Flags sometimes act very weird. I e.g. have no "bluray" in my file names but I get the BluRay icon on every movie. Furthermore I don't see any studio icons at all which work fine in Showcase view. Then I sometimes end up with a "DivX" icon although I don't have any DivX encoded movies.

1. done
2. I like it the way it is but you can change it yourself. Just look for this control group at line 401

Code:
<control type="group">
            <posx>320</posx>
            <control type="largeimage">
                <posy>20</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <aspectratio></aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="25" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
                    <visible></visible>
                    <texture diffuse="list/list_episodeicon_mask.png">$INFO[Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
            </control>

<control type="textbox" id="38">
                <visible>IsEmpty(Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image))</visible>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>20</posy>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>360</height>
                <label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
                <autoscroll delay="35000" time="2000" repeat="20000">Skin.HasSetting(allowscroll)</autoscroll>
                <font>Plot</font>
                <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>        
                <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="25" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

<control type="videowindow" id="2">
                       <posx>0</posx>
                      <posy>20</posy>
                      <width>640</width>
                      <height>360</height>
                    <visible>[Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfotrigger)]]] | VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="0" end="100" center="320,190" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
                </control>

<control type="image">
                <posy>20</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <visible>!IsEmpty(Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)) | Control.IsVisible(38)</visible>
                    <texture>list/list_musicicon_glass.png</texture>    
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="100" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

<posy>382</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
                    <visible></visible>
                    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="list/list_episodeicon_flipmask.png">$INFO[Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
            </control>
        </control>

and change to end=0 for all the fade animations

3. yes it does. did you turn on scrolling
4. yes but then long movie title will scroll or get cut off
edit.1 yes, anyway to bring the main menu on top?
2. Most my 720p and 1080p are bluray rips so I made it so that if a movie is 1080p or 720p and is not hddvd or hdtv then bluray flag will show up. And also tags for sources are read from studio and not filename in multiplexview.

@g00fy1
I don't think that's possible

Also for movies without fanart, the full plot will show.

- Montellese - 2009-05-28

anoobie Wrote:1. done
2. I like it the way it is but you can change it yourself. Just look for this control group at line 401

Code:
<control type="group">
            <posx>320</posx>
                <posy>20</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <visible></visible>
                    <texture diffuse="list/list_episodeicon_mask.png">$INFO[Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
            </control>

<control type="textbox" id="38">
                <visible>IsEmpty(Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image))</visible>
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>20</posy>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>360</height>
                <label>$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
                <autoscroll delay="35000" time="2000" repeat="20000">Skin.HasSetting(allowscroll)</autoscroll>
                <font>Plot</font>
                <textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>        
            </control>

<control type="videowindow" id="2">
                       <posx>0</posx>
                      <posy>20</posy>
                      <width>640</width>
                      <height>360</height>
                    <visible>[Control.IsVisible(52) + !Control.HasFocus(197) + [Control.IsVisible(109) | Control.HasFocus(110) | Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfoon) | [ControlGroup(7000).HasFocus() + Skin.HasSetting(multiplexinfotrigger)]]] | VideoPlayer.Content(movies)</visible>
                <animation effect="zoom" start="0" end="100" center="320,190" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
                </control>

<control type="image">
                <posy>20</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <visible>!IsEmpty(Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)) | Control.IsVisible(38)</visible>
                    <texture>list/list_musicicon_glass.png</texture>    
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="100" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
            </control>

<posy>382</posy>
                    <width>640</width>
                    <height>360</height>
                    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
                    <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="30" time="1000" condition="Player.HasVideo">Conditional</animation>
                    <visible></visible>
                    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="list/list_episodeicon_flipmask.png">$INFO[Container(52).listitem.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
            </control>
        </control>

and change to end=0 for all the fade animations

3. yes it does. did you turn on scrolling
4. yes but then long movie title will scroll or get cut off
edit.1 yes, anyway to bring the main menu on top?
2. Most my 720p and 1080p are bluray rips so I made it so that if a movie is 1080p or 720p and is not hddvd or hdtv then bluray flag will show up. And also tags for sources are read from studio and not filename in multiplexview.

3. I have scrolling turned on as it at least worked in the original Multiplex view. I will try it again when I get home this evening.
4. Isn't this how it is done in all the other views? You would end up with something like "The Assassination of Jesse James by the ..." or as you mentioned the title could scroll. I will try and change this for myself then.

1. I'm don't really know how to do all the skinning stuff.... maybe someone else has an idea.
2. Ah alright well I don't mind the BluRay icon showing up it looks even better as there is no constant free space. Do I have to do some extra effort to get the studio icon working correctly in this view? Coz none of them are displayed but they work fine in Showcase view.

Thx for your help. Much appreciated.

- Rand Al Thor - 2009-05-28

Just installed 3.3 and I am still seeing the rating tags/studio tags, and tagline showing up when the main window is not visible while using trigger mode/auto.

I'll wipe all the cached stuff in guisettings.xml and see if there is maybe a stored setting that is messing up the works.

Rand

- Montellese - 2009-05-28

Ok scrolling seems to work now. Don't ask me why it didn't yesterday I didn't change any settings.

- curtis-r - 2009-05-29

Anoobie,

I hate to be that guy who makes the petty requests, but here goes. I'm favoring your mod1 (though love 3 also). Have you considered using the studio rating flag instead of the text (i.e. "pg-13....), like you did for mod 3?

- rflores2323 - 2009-05-29

How can the fonts be changed? for some reason the fonts seem to be scrunched together and it is hard to read sometimes.

- neurosis13 - 2009-05-29

50 % of my movies dont have any fanart yet,
does anybody know what i have to change if i want
the extrathumbs displayed as slideshow instead of the big poster in the middle?
thanks alot.

- Montellese - 2009-05-30

Ok I figured out why studio icons didn't work for me.

In the Includes_MediaFlags.xml from anoobie the path to the studio icons is "flags/studios/..." but in normal Aeon Auriga it is just "flags/...". Maybe you can change this. Or is this on purpose? If so you should explain this in your first post where you can download the files so everyone knows he has to move the studio icon files.

Otherwise just replace all "flags/studios/" with "flags/" in that file and it works.

- whitedwarf88 - 2009-05-30

i have a new problem since updating to the newest mod files, my aeon menus have all 'darkened' significantly, like the contrast has been turned way up all of a sudden and all the fanart and covers all become extremely hard to see . . if i revert to default aeon auriga, it goes back to normal.

- Montellese - 2009-05-30

Maybe this has to do with the overlay anoobie added to darken the background in Multiplex View. I have already tried to work around the fact, that the upper menu (where you can switch views, turn on/off fanart etc) can hardly be read but I have almost no clue concerning skinning/modding so I didn't make any progress yet.

But all the other views look fine for me.

- curtis-r - 2009-05-30

Quote:Have you considered using the studio rating flag instead of the text (i.e. "pg-13....), like you did for mod 3?

Ignore above. Someone helped me with it already.