Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Workaround Media Flagging - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Workaround Media Flagging (/showthread.php?tid=50138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-13

Update:

The latest Includes_MediaFlags.xml should fix any issues with certain flags not showing up. X264 should show in MultiPlex view. DVD should show in showcase. Also added iso to detection for DVD.

In TV show view if you don't have a dvd, bluray, hdtv type flag in the filename it will just display the codec as the source now.

Added source detection based on some of ronie's ideas.

From now on by default it will show the codec as source unless it's HD, has sddvd in the filename, or .iso/.ifo in the filename.

- Neku - 2009-05-13

Now all my Star Wars have both dvd and bluray icon on showcase wiev in mutiplex all is fine.

Quote:<studio>Lucasfilm / / AVC / 1080p / AC-3 / 2ch / eng / sub /</studio>
Star Wars Episode II - Attack Of The Clones.BluRay.mkv

Neku Wrote:Now all my Star Wars have both dvd and bluray icon on showcase wiev in mutiplex all is fine.

Newest file should fix that.

- Neku - 2009-05-13

im using last verison:

Quote:Right click this file and save as.
Includes_MediaFlags.xml - 5/12 11:48pm MST

- Imaginos - 2009-05-13

bobrap Wrote:Did as you asked and the results are the same. Must be my nfo files (?). Can you post one of yours and let me try that?

Have you tried with the files from kript2nite ?
here's a simpson nfo

- bobrap - 2009-05-13

Yea, I tried his files and worked fine. Then copied yours....and now works fine.Huh Thanks for all your help!

- sokar666 - 2009-05-13

great mod but i seem to be having a problem, im using imaginos files as they seem to have more customisation but when i apply them i get the neccessary flags in the tv view but i lose all my studio flags from the movies view (they are blank spaces not ? symbol).

has anybody else have this problem and is there a way around it.

just a further note i replaced my existing files with your new ones or should i look through each and just add the extra code needed.

any help would be appreciated

- ronie - 2009-05-13

azido Wrote:of course.
i would also extend it to show me if that album is online or offline (and where to find it then) Wink

btw: great musical taste Smile

thanx! next time i may show you my ABBA collection ;-)
not sure what you mean by offline albums though, are you referring to music on a network share that's currently not available ?

krypt2nite Wrote:Nice Ronie I wondered if music flagging was possible. Could probably end up pretty cool.

Actually, where is it pulling the data from? Scraped info from XBMC's built in scrapers?

the codec matching is done by looking at the file extension. this should be 100% foolproof i guess.
the record label info is indeed already present in the database. so if you've scanned your albums with the allmusic scraper you should be fine.

for now i'm using this code to find the label icon to display:
<texture>flags/music/recordlabel/$INFO[ListItem.Property(Label),,.png]</texture>
so it pulls the info from the database and looks for an icon with the exact same name.
this way you don't have to make a separate entry for every record label in the .xml file. just one line of code that works for all.

venealis Wrote:I think something else that would be cool to go along with music flagging is maybe, year and total time of album
year would be no problem at all (see below), but i don't think the total album time is available in XBMC?
if you find a skin that uses it let me know and i'll check what kind of code they use.

nevertheless, keep those ideas coming! there's still room for some more music flags.

Small update:

- Info view should show same source detection as rest of views.
Added two additional info view icons.
- List view shows most up to date detection.
- fixed H264 detection for all views

- azido - 2009-05-13

ronie Wrote:thanx! next time i may show you my ABBA collection ;-)

i bet i will beat you with my baccara and boney m albums ~cough~

Quote:not sure what you mean by offline albums though, are you referring to music on a network share that's currently not available ?
you almost get it. i have a lot of mp3 collections on dvd-recordables. my goal would be to "misuse" one of your flags to replace it with disc numbers.

Quote:the codec matching is done by looking at the file extension. this should be 100% foolproof i guess.
personally, i don't need the codec info at all, since all my "backups" of albums are mp3. but others might use flac, wma, even wav or aif so this could be interesting for other ppl. so for me that might be the one to "overtake" Wink

Quote:the record label info is indeed already present in the database. so if you've scanned your albums with the allmusic scraper you should be fine.

for now i'm using this code to find the label icon to display:
<texture>flags/music/recordlabel/$INFO
[ListItem.Property(Label),,.png]</texture>

so it pulls the info from the database and looks for an icon with the exact same name.
this way you don't have to make a separate entry for every record label in the .xml file. just one line of code that works for all.
this is as easy as perfect. well done.

Quote:year would be no problem at all (see below), but i don't think the total album time is available in XBMC?
if you find a skin that uses it let me know and i'll check what kind of code they use.
i don't think so.

Quote:nevertheless, keep those ideas coming! there's still room for some more music flags.
i'd personally would like to see the genre there. and maybe the rating.

- Neku - 2009-05-13

krypt2nite: Thank you for your hard work! Now all works great for me!!!
BTW any chance fot better logo H264 ?

- ronie - 2009-05-13

Neku Wrote:krypt2nite: Thank you for your hard work! Now all works great for me!!!
BTW any chance fot better logo H264 ?

there are several x.264/h.264 logo's available:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50138&page=10
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=333683&postcount=119

just replace it with one you do like.

- Weavus - 2009-05-13

The link in the first post to krypts_aeon_flags.zip on dropbox does not seem to be currently working....

- ronie - 2009-05-13

azido Wrote:i bet i will beat you with my baccara and boney m albums ~cough~

cool!! we have the same taste in music. ;-)

Quote:you almost get it. i have a lot of mp3 collections on dvd-recordables. my goal would be to "misuse" one of your flags to replace it with disc numbers.

get it. well, the info has to be available in the database first before it can be used for flagging. in case of mp3's, one way to get the info in the database would be to abuse the id3 'comment' field in your mp3's. those will be read and stored by XBMC.
i think XBMC also stores the folderpath when adding things to the database, so maybe would that be something to look at.
is there currently any way for you to see whether your media is on or offline in XBMC ?

Quote:personally, i don't need the codec info at all, since all my "backups" of albums are mp3. but others might use flac, wma, even wav or aif so this could be interesting for other ppl. so for me that might be the one to "overtake" Wink

well i guess not everybody likes ABBA too.
as soon as i'm satisfied with the music flagging code, i'm planning to hand it over to Imaginos and krypt2nite so they can incorporate in their media flagging mod.
maybe Imaginos can do some of his customization tricks again to make the flags user selectable.

Quote:this is as easy as perfect. well done.
thanx. easy yes, perfect, wish it was.
i noticed in some cases the scraper will fetch two record labels from allmusic.com. in those cases my mod will fail.

Quote:i'd personally would like to see the genre there. and maybe the rating.

great, keep feeding me with ideas.
now if someone would be so kind to convert all of these icons (more here) in a usable set for Aeon, then i can keep my focus on collecting record label logo's.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-13

krypt2nite

Trying to update but your media flags zip file is not accessable.