Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Workaround Media Flagging - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Workaround Media Flagging (/showthread.php?tid=50138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-14

Sorry about that guys. It's downloadable again.

Neku Wrote:BTW any chance fot better logo H264?

I'm with you on that one, but the only way we're going to get a better flag is if someone makes a custom one.

- venealis - 2009-05-14

is this type of music creativity going to be available in list mode as well? I.e displaying codec, year etc.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite

Hate to say this but...updated the files from last night with the new ones you put on there today and Dolby True HD and DTS-MA still do not show up under the Multiplex view. Showcase works fine. DVD is now showing up though.

EDIT: DTS-MA shows up in both Showcase and Multiplex.....but Dolby True HD ONLY shows up in Showcase still.

Thanks jondr13 I fixed it in the newest update to the xml.

Includes_MediaFlags.xml

- jondr13 - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite Wrote:Thanks jondr13 I fixed it in the newest update to the xml.

Includes_MediaFlags.xml

THANKS, you rock!

Wanted to get some clarification on the TV Shows media flags and Icons.

In your instructions you say to get them to show up properly to have the info in the director line in the NFO. My files are set up like this:

(folder) Battlestar Galactica
- Season 1
- S01E01.iso

I have the NFO in the main folder. Will this work or does it have to be for EACH EPISODE? If so, do I have to create a folder for EACH episode to put the IFO in?? Im using Medi Info Plus and when I pull Battlestar Galactica up its as a whole, not by episode.

Again, thanks for being quick to respond and the help!

You have to have a .nfo for each episode unfortunately. You don't however have to create a separate folder for each episode. It's better with pictures.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite Wrote:You have to have a .nfo for each episode unfortunately. You don't however have to create a separate folder for each episode. It's better with pictures.

Thanks. Are you using Media Info Plus?? And are they coming up by episode??

Yeah, I used MIP and it goes by episode. In all actuality though the whole process is pretty automated. Set the directory, choose the proper show, and MIP does the rest.

- jondr13 - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite Wrote:Yeah, I used MIP and it goes by episode. In all actuality though the whole process is pretty automated. Set the directory, choose the proper show, and MIP does the rest.

I must be doing something wrong then becasue I just renamed the files for Season 1 just as you in your example above. Every entry in MIP says "Battlestar Galactica" so is that right?? I mean should it show the episode so I know which one Im on in MIP?

- jondr13 - 2009-05-14

krypt2nite Wrote:Image

Thanks again.

When I go to shows, and add the path to the main folder of Battlestar Galactica and I "Load Shows"....I get the error:

No data exists for the following shows:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

Not sure why they arent loading?? Guess Im still not doing something right

EDIT: I think I found the culprit. I didnt have my TV shows in a main folder labeled "TV Shows".....seems to be working now.

Again, thanks for your time, patience and help!

- azido - 2009-05-14

ronie Wrote:cool!! we have the same taste in music. ;-)

Nod

Quote:get it. well, the info has to be available in the database first before it can be used for flagging. in case of mp3's, one way to get the info in the database would be to abuse the id3 'comment' field in your mp3's. those will be read and stored by XBMC.

does it? neat. but i guess this won't be useful on the "album view" or "artist view" level - only when showing the files themselves, right?

so this would mean that kind of flagging only works when you select at least one file.

Quote: i think XBMC also stores the folderpath when adding things to the database, so maybe would that be something to look at.

this is an interesting idea. if we are able to strip down a path to read i.e. DISC017 from let's say j:\offline-music\DISC017\adam and the ants-stand and deliver and just display DISC017 as a "text flag" (do we really need a graphical representation of the information?) this would be charming - at least for me.

Quote:is there currently any way for you to see whether your media is on or offline in XBMC ?

yes, there is - i simply use 2 profiles with different sources, one for local media and one for "offline" media. the offline stuff is represented by dummy files on a local disc in a directory like above "j:\offline-movies, j:\offline-tvshows" and so on. i did not read my music collection into the library though, so i'm open-minded for any solutions to represent them in my library.

Quote:
i noticed in some cases the scraper will fetch two record labels from allmusic.com. in those cases my mod will fail.

maybe that will happen with the genre, too.. anyway, that's a faulty setting in the scraper then and should not happen that often. i know many albums are re-released from different companies again and again, but i don't think allmusic has 2 labels on one selected album, has it?

Quote:great, keep feeding me with ideas.
now if someone would be so kind to convert all of these icons (more here) in a usable set for Aeon, then i can keep my focus on collecting record label logo's.

i repeat: do we really need a graphical representation (an icon) to show up an information? i mean, we only want to see what kind of music is it.. no need to use graphics for genres since they don't represent a company. converting all the above ones will be an overkill and some of their text wouldn't even be readable.

anyway, if icons would make your life easier, i'm willing to create some simple ones using aeon's standard font (or maybe some other cool font) showing standard genres from within winamps list of genres.

- TheBurner - 2009-05-14

Ive finally set some time apart to get all my flagging done. I run ubuntu and was wondering is there any automated commandline/terminal to make nfos for movies/tv/music? Or does anyone have a good idea how to set it up. I tried sharing the /movies/ on my network and adding it to my xp machine and running MIP but no go.

- pbjr - 2009-05-14

TheBurner Wrote:Ive finally set some time apart to get all my flagging done. I run ubuntu and was wondering is there any automated commandline/terminal to make nfos for movies/tv/music? Or does anyone have a good idea how to set it up. I tried sharing the /movies/ on my network and adding it to my xp machine and running MIP but no go.

I'm running MIP on a Mac with VMWare. I mapped Y: to my movies folder (ubuntu samba share) and MIP seems to be working fine with it.

- TheBurner - 2009-05-14

Ill have to try that then i get a problem writing the nfo files back i think it can read em just cant write back to em maybe permission problem