Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Workaround Media Flagging - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Workaround Media Flagging (/showthread.php?tid=50138)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- Imaginos - 2009-05-06

This raise a question i was wondering since a moment
we are melting source format with codec...
Do divx and xvid really have there place? and why not x.264, wm9, rv10 etc. ?

I don't know what to think

- logictester - 2009-05-06

Imaginos Wrote:This raise a question i was wondering since a moment

i think x.264 , wm9 ,rv10 and such should also be present where needed instead of the divx/xvid but my view is that if we use information then it should be as informative and full as possible, as long as it doesn't hurt the all around skin view - maybe i'm wrong Rofl

- azido - 2009-05-06

Imaginos Wrote:This raise a question i was wondering since a moment

good point.

as i already said in another post, for me it isn't really interesting where the original source came from - more in focus as a useful information i see the question what kind of media is actually present in my collection. in this case you are absolultely right, i've edited my xml to show up divx/xvid/h264/x264/wmv and wmvHD instead of that bluray/hddvd/hdtv thing. plus, the flagging of picture size/resolution already gives you the info you have hd content when i.e. showing h264 as "source" and "1080p" as resolution. the only source i've still grabbing from the filename is dvd simply because i have a huge collection of original dvds which found their way to my library with dummy files and therefore cannot be scanned for video information. this might change a bit when i buy a bluray player and such media, though.

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-06

These are all very valid points.

I've pondered the source/codec mixture thing myself. Before I preferred it to tell me strictly the source. I have 2000 movies and most already had the proper info in the filename (why I use dvdrip) However this method of taking information from the codec and displaying the flag would in the long run be easier for users. If you have a straight DVD also we could use the file extension thing that was mentioned. So if we made a full transition to this method we probably wouldn't have to worry about what's in the filename.

Currently I like having it tell me if it's Xvid video. It matches the DVD icon perfectly and I've grown to like it. Of course we are all going to have our own opinions and the beautiful thing about a HTPC is the end user can customize it however they want.

I definitely would like to get some good x264/h264, wmv, and other codec icons if anyone can find any. Especially x264/h264. The current ones I've seen are horrendous.

- Imaginos - 2009-05-06

What about this one ?

I've been working today on a mod wich allows easily the user to choose what is displayed and in whatever order you want!
The current choices are :
studio, duration, codec, source, sound, resolution, imdb rating
I decided in my mod to put xvid, divx, and x264 as a category itself.

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-06

Imaginos Wrote:I've been working today on a mod wich allows easily the user to choose what is displayed and in whatever order you want!

Sounds awesome man. I wonder how hard it would be to make a little GUI program that lets you select default flags and other things. It would insert and change the proper code for you.

- Imaginos - 2009-05-06

Correction for the x264 flag
I made it too fast, here's the good one :

- Imaginos - 2009-05-06

If you are interested, you can take this file containing the changes :
include_mediaflags and customisation

Go to aeon's advanced settings, in GENERAL section

you will find all the changes I mad made by searching
Code:
<!-- mod for flag options in showcase view -->

all I made is between Wink

I will continue to work on it, but I've got to find how to use the spincontrolex to make a good settings menu

- DuMbGuM - 2009-05-07

Hi guys, love the work you're doing, can't live without the flags now ! Just a few issues I'm trying to work out..

Some of my files are showing double audio sources like this:

(Dolby Digital/Pro-Logic icons)

or

(Pro-Logic/MP3 icons)

Meanwhile some things show up perfectly..

The only way ive been able to change it is by deleting one of the icons, so I take I guess I have a problem in my code, because it was working ok with the flags before I copied in the Auriga .rar found here, although the Weeds tags look a little off, HDTV/SD ? I use MIP, but it seems to have them tagged xvid which would be correct.

Hope you can shed some light on whats wrong =]

- Imaginos - 2009-05-07

hello dumgum
can-you copy-paste the studio tag of one of the videos with issue ?

- logictester - 2009-05-07

Imaginos Wrote:What about this one ?

I've been working today on a mod wich allows easily the user to choose what is displayed and in whatever order you want!

could you add subs to this?

- DuMbGuM - 2009-05-07

Imaginos Wrote:hello dumgum
can-you copy-paste the studio tag of one of the videos with issue ?

No problem

The Terminal:

<studio>DreamWorks SKG / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 2ch / eng / subeng / subswe</studio>

Is it because it has AVC / AC-3 ?

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-07

DuMbGuM Wrote:No problem

The Terminal:

<studio>DreamWorks SKG / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / AC-3 / 2ch / eng / subeng / subswe</studio>

Is it because it has AVC / AC-3 ?

Hmm, this is strange I put the code in to a dummy nfo and scanned it and everything shows up properly. No overlapping icons for audio.
What's one of weed's studio tags?

Are you using the code and icons I provided in the first post, or are you using another person's code because I don't even recall having Dolby Pro Logic icons? Also could you paste your includes_mediaflags.xml file?

DuMbGuM Wrote:although the Weeds tags look a little off, HDTV/SD ?

As for this, that's normal. Your episode was sourced from a HDTV stream but compressed and sized down. It's not a 720 or 1080p rip. It's source was though.

- krypt2nite - 2009-05-07

Imaginos Wrote:Correction for the x264 flag
I made it too fast, here's the good one :

I dont know man. I did google image this before and thought it was too loud. I think we are going to need some custom work done for some of these flags. This would probably look good without the flames. I can picture this x264 without the border and flames and it looks good in my head.

Imaginos Wrote:If you are interested, you can take this file containing the changes :
include_mediaflags and customisation

Go to aeon's advanced settings, in GENERAL section

you will find all the changes I mad made by searching
Code:
<!-- mod for flag options in showcase view -->

all I made is between Wink

I will continue to work on it, but I've got to find how to use the spincontrolex to make a good settings menu

Forgive me if I'm overlooking something but I don't see a download.

- azido - 2009-05-07

krypt2nite Wrote:These are all very valid points.

I definitely would like to get some good x264/h264, wmv, and other codec icons if anyone can find any. Especially x264/h264. The current ones I've seen are horrendous.

i tend to keep things simple.

my h.264 icon is just made using one of aeon's fonts so it fits nicely:

you can have it, if you like.