Kodi Community Forum
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS (/showthread.php?tid=50717)

- Exposure - 2009-09-22

Has anyone managed to control the virtual keyboard with the ps3 remote? I've added <navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard> to advancedsettings but it doesn't seem to work Sad

- ruff - 2009-09-23

@dc2447
yes, since patch is for bluez, blueman allows you just easily pair (register) the remote in bluez.
@flxfxp
I'm currently trying to implement requirements of bluez team for the patch to be accepted to the mainstream, so...
But in general, having correct (patched) bluez, you just need to register the remote (i used the method described in first post, with blueman), and then adopt the keymapping, given that bluez is patched with alternative (keyboard) layout.

- ruff - 2009-09-23

Exposure Wrote:Has anyone managed to control the virtual keyboard with the ps3 remote? I've added <navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard> to advancedsettings but it doesn't seem to work Sad
Yes, it works for me with navigatevirtualkeyboard set.

- flxfxp - 2009-09-23

Thanks for the update ruff, much appreciated. I hope the patch will be accepted so that the implementation of the ps3 remote can be much easier. Please let me know when/if the patch has been accepted by the BlueZ team.

By the way, just to confirm the process:
1. download the bluez 4.50 source and apply this and this patch (please check if I'm correct on these). compile.
2. apt-get install blueman
3. startx and exec blueman and pair
4. done (?)

Is this correct? Sorry for the many questions but I'd like to get it right.'

Thanks,

Dennis

- ruff - 2009-09-23

the first should be this, as second - either first or second. Second is with proper prev/next mapping (pgup/pgdwn), first with working (by default) pause key, though it resembles play button.

- flxfxp - 2009-09-23

Thanks ruff, will I be truly done after pairing or am I supposed to edit any other files (such as advancedsettings.xml?). The reason why I ask is because I want to implement this in XBMScript and I'm trying to work out a complete package.

- ruff - 2009-09-23

with layout patch it sends generic keyboard's scancodes, which are already defined in default xbmc's keymap.xml, so it will work after pairing, without additional tuning.

- Exposure - 2009-09-24

ruff Wrote:Yes, it works for me with navigatevirtualkeyboard set.

Which version (revision, branch) of XBMC are you using? And did you do anything out of the ordinary besides changing advancedsettings.xml? I expect the arrow keys on the remote are used to navigate the keyboard but I've also read somewhere that it works with the numpad arrow keys only, which I don't think I have mapped on the remote.

- ruff - 2009-09-24

Code:
ruff@ruff:~/bluez$ dpkg-query -l xbmc
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                              Version                           Description
+++-=================================-=================================-==================================================================================
ii  xbmc                              9.04.1-jaunty1                    The Full XBMC meta package
ruff@ruff:~/bluez$ head -2 ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
22:33:50 T:3048048528 M:1596817408  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
22:33:50 T:3048048528 M:1596817408  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: GNU/Linux.  Built on May 25 2009 (SVN:20654)
ruff@ruff:~/bluez$ cat ~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>0</loglevel>
<navigatevirtualkeyboard>true</navigatevirtualkeyboard>
</advancedsettings>
ruff@ruff:~/bluez$

- antst - 2009-09-25

Just in case if someone interested.
Few time on this thread was mentioned my "bdremoted", which I used successfully on my XBMC box for about two years with Sony remote.
Now there is newer version of this daemon is available at http://code.google.com/p/bdremote-ng/
A lot of fixed issues and works with new bluez stack.

- flxfxp - 2009-09-25

ruff Wrote:with layout patch it sends generic keyboard's scancodes, which are already defined in default xbmc's keymap.xml, so it will work after pairing, without additional tuning.
ruff, i'm running into some problems. Its not patching right, plus I don't think I have everything that I need. Could you please post the exact commands needed to get BlueZ patched, compiled and completely running in combination with lirc?

If you could do this you have my eternal gratitude and I can start implementing this in XBMScript Smile

- kubax - 2009-09-25

flxfxp Wrote:ruff, i'm running into some problems. Its not patching right, plus I don't think I have everything that I need. Could you please post the exact commands needed to get BlueZ patched, compiled and completely running in combination with lirc?

If you could do this you have my eternal gratitude and I can start implementing this in XBMScript Smile

I did it on my own today, and i used this

Code:
patch -p1 < patchfile

in the directory which contains the bluez-4.50 directory (after i edited the files with vim to use this directory) that works fine for me.

now to my problem... (besides of that my xbmc needs to be configured with other key settings wich doesn't work [by now] )

my remote get's paired evry reboot fine, but when it goes to sleep, or manualy by pressing PS button 7 seconds, it doesn't get repaired again...

here's a dump with the debugging info in thus case.

Code:
bluetoothd[5353]: ps3remote_event: Passed key 103:0
bluetoothd[5353]: ps3remote_event: Delayed: 172:1 (103:0)
bluetoothd[5353]: ps3remote_event: Passed key 172:1
bluetoothd[5353]: ps3remote_event: Remote turned off
bluetoothd[5353]: ps3remote_event: Event failed
bluetoothd[5353]: adapter_get_device(00:21:4F:AC:6A:36)
bluetoothd[5353]: adapter_get_device(00:21:4F:AC:6A:36)

Kubax

- ruff - 2009-09-25

yes, after version 4.48 ps button is not working any more, that's what I'm currently working on, and that's what delays my patch submission. Timeout though works fine, if ps is not used.

- kubax - 2009-09-25

so evrything should work fine if i roleback to 4.47? hmm... 'll give that a try... hope my girlfriend doesn't get here too fast xD

- ruff - 2009-09-25

4.48 works, after that I fetched git source with 50th version where it was already not working