Kodi Community Forum
MiniMeedia Release - v0.75 (18/05/2009) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MiniMeedia (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+----- Thread: MiniMeedia Release - v0.75 (18/05/2009) (/showthread.php?tid=51274)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

thanks! - thonton - 2009-05-18

thanks for your hard work skunkm0nkee!

i have to check all new vies and so on.. i only want to thank you at this moment :-) damn good work

- Radikaltimes - 2009-05-18

i setup the backgrounds but i still see the default background for a couple seconds while navigating the menus ..

is anyone else having this issue?

- Waffa - 2009-05-18

Yes, it's normal especially on the xbox.
This should be solved if the default background wasn't there or black.

- Radikaltimes - 2009-05-18

Waffa Wrote:Yes, it's normal especilly on the xbox.
This should be solved if the default background wasn't there or black.

--

ok , thank you m8

ohh but is all part of the .xpr file ..

- skunkm0nkee - 2009-05-19

Bram77 Wrote:It's actually in all screens where the text comes as close to either side of the screen as in the following preview example you gave.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8469/listtvinfo.png

Ok, thanks. Will look into it.

xbs08 Wrote:I cant seem to create a playlist?!

One minor thing: Video files label is overlaping.

How (and where) would you create a playlist normally?

Have you got a screenshot of the overlapping labels, so I know where to look to fix it?

Thanks

As for the background, I am considering adding an option so that the default background is not the white noise image (the one on the xbox is vastly reduced in size so doesn't look all that great) but will default to no background image (black screen).

- Radikaltimes - 2009-05-19

As for the background, I am considering adding an option so that the default background is not the white noise image (the one on the xbox is vastly reduced in size so doesn't look all that great) but will default to no background image (black screen).[/quote]

that would be great Smile

just notice that with the update to a new build the transition from screen to screen runs slower .. i try different skins and all seem to look like that.

running
vista 32bit
quad processor - 4G memory
xbmc build 20436

- xbs08 - 2009-05-19

skunkm0nkee Wrote:How (and where) would you create a playlist normally?

Have you got a screenshot of the overlapping labels, so I know where to look to fix it?

Thanks

As for the background, I am considering adding an option so that the default background is not the white noise image (the one on the xbox is vastly reduced in size so doesn't look all that great) but will default to no background image (black screen).

Pressing playlist should take you here: <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,playlists,return)</onclick>
Instead opens (MyVideos) <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(24,Playlists)</onclick>.

Im sorry i didn't specify, the overlaping appears when show content type is activated (and enter "watch your videos").

That option would be great Smile

EDIT: Other thing i noticed was in season, episodes (ex. high list) some very long names overlap the watched icon, maybe the watched icon could be placed before the name or the width of the fadelabel reduced.

- jmarshall - 2009-05-19

Nice work as always skunkm0nkee Smile

This looks prime candidate for a bit of "replace all image/multiimage shenanigans with a single background loading multiimage"...

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Nice work as always skunkm0nkee Smile

This looks prime candidate for a bit of "replace all image/multiimage shenanigans with a single background loading multiimage"...

Cheers,
Jonathan

I actually updated the code on my machine at home to do the background loading but forgot to include that in the build I released yesterday! Oo

Not sure what you mean by 'single background loading image' though? It'll be multiple background loading images but only one of which will be visible, depending on what context you are currently browsing.

- fuzz1912 - 2009-05-19

Hi All

Could someone please upload the skin again as the link is dead

Thanks

Fuzz

Seems to be working now

- jmarshall - 2009-05-19

See PM3.HD's new code for the homepage to see how it's done using a single multiimage control for all the backdrops. There's a bit on my blog about it as well. Far nicer, as it gives you all the background loading stuff in addition to nice crossfading between multiimages and single images.

Cheers,
Jonathan

OK, thanks will check that out.

What's the url for your blog?

Just had a look at the code for the home screen in PM3.HD and it's a nice solution and I think I'll look at changing the code in the MiniMeedia home screen to do something similar. (Will have to be changed slightly to incorporate Weather Fanart though)

Thanks for that Big Grin

- Exyge - 2009-05-19

Great skin!

I have one request though, could you make an extra high list view? It's the same "problem" I have with all the fancy HD skins, they look great, but they're quite hard to navigate through. Especially when you have a very large library.

Exyge Wrote:Great skin!

I have one request though, could you make an extra high list view? It's the same "problem" I have with all the fancy HD skins, they look great, but they're quite hard to navigate through. Especially when you have a very large library.

Nope, it's the same answer as I gave when asked for a wall view - it goes against the essence of the skin design. The skin was designed to be minimal and allow the backgrounds to show more. Having a wall view or an extra high list view are in direct opposition to that.

To be honest I toyed about a bit before adding the High List view as I wasn't sure it wasn't minimal enough. Even now I'm still not 100% sure it totally fits the concept.

If you want a skin that has big expansive views then I'm afraid this isn't the one for you. However, if you want a more minimal skin which is easy to use and shows off the custom backgrounds and fanart then you're in the right place. Wink