Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- chippie - 2011-05-18

Just over-reacting a little to the "you should be aware of issues, and how to fix them" comment, sorry. The OP was already told that it is not compatible with the nightly builds. I guess I was mearly trying to point out that people want to learn and will download the nightly builds in an effort to stay at the forefront and this is the only place to turn to for help.
However I do feel your pain having to deal with all the posts which are related to dev changes. You are of course also correct, no one has any right to expect things to work, dev environment or not, after all they have not paid for it!

- exobuzz - 2011-05-18

chippie Wrote:Just over-reacting a little to the "you should be aware of issues, and how to fix them" comment, sorry.

Not trying to cause offense, but just making it clear that users should not expect things to work fully, and if they break, if they are not sure what to do, they would be better off with the stable release.

from the nightly downloads page

"Only for the brave. You should expect breakage when running these builds."

- jimton - 2011-06-04

Would just like to say a big thanks to al the devs involved in this. Just installed this on my Dharma XBMC running off a ATV2, and it works great.

Only issue is every few seconds while watching something the audio and picture stutter for like a mill-second. Ive tried it on various programes and its the same. Now I thought it was probably down to my rubbish internet connection. But I watched a LIVE broadcast and it was perfect!

So maybe my internet connection is quick enough, the issue is with the addon itself. Does anyone else have this issue?

- eoan - 2011-06-05

Hi all - new member, first post (please be gentle!) and total newbie. I've tried searching for "iplayer crash" to find a solution to my problem but I've had no luck - I don't know anything about the innards of linux, xbmc or computers in general so I assume I won't give you the right/ enough information in this post, but if you can tell me how to find it I'll certainly post back as quickly as I can Smile

I'm using PCLinuxOS, and downloaded XBMC from their repos (ver. 10.0-1.pvr.1pclos2011) and it's been working a treat - in fact I've been so impressed I'm planning to buy one of these over the summer so I can have a dedicated full-time xbmc box.

I've now installed the Hitcher repo add-on, and from there installed the iPlayer add-on. When I try to use it it finds the various channels/ categories, provides me with a list of shows, and when I click on a show I get the thumbnail and text describing what the show's about. When I click play, however, my system hangs and all I can do is hit the reset button. I tried leaving it alone (in case it was just waiting to buffer or something) but after ten minutes nothing had happened. I've tried going into the settings and using the lowest-quality video but still the same.

Can anyone give me some pointers on what I've done wrong/ should try next/ can do to provide you with more helpful information? Thanks so much - and thanks to everyone who's contributed to this astonishing programme!

- exobuzz - 2011-06-05

jimton Wrote:Only issue is every few seconds while watching something the audio and picture stutter for like a mill-second. Ive tried it on various programes and its the same. Now I thought it was probably down to my rubbish internet connection. But I watched a LIVE broadcast and it was perfect!

So maybe my internet connection is quick enough, the issue is with the addon itself. Does anyone else have this issue?

the addon just sends a url to xbmc to play, so playback problems such as stuttering etc should be reported to xbmc.

- exobuzz - 2011-06-05

eoan Wrote:Can anyone give me some pointers on what I've done wrong/ should try next/ can do to provide you with more helpful information? Thanks so much - and thanks to everyone who's contributed to this astonishing programme!

I suggest trying the xbmc live cd from the last stable and testing it with that. else you need to post a debug log to xbmc bugtracker (trac.xbmc.org), however bugs should be reported against official release versions.

- jimton - 2011-06-06

exobuzz Wrote:the addon just sends a url to xbmc to play, so playback problems such as stuttering etc should be reported to xbmc.

Ok, so who is the best person to offer me advice?

- Slime - 2011-06-11

Sorry if this has been brought up previously. Have searched without any luck. I can't seem to watch anything in HD through the iPlayer plugin. If I navigate to the BBC HD menu and select something, it plays but in SD and not HD. Have I missed something? How can I get it to play in HD?

Thanks.

- exobuzz - 2011-06-11

Slime Wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up previously. Have searched without any luck. I can't seem to watch anything in HD through the iPlayer plugin. If I navigate to the BBC HD menu and select something, it plays but in SD and not HD. Have I missed something? How can I get it to play in HD?

Thanks.

debug log please.

- PeterUK - 2011-06-11

Lads, anyone else getting a 'Network error, failed to fetch URL....' error? Nothing plays Sad

- exobuzz - 2011-06-11

PeterUK Wrote:Lads, anyone else getting a 'Network error, failed to fetch URL....' error? Nothing plays Sad

debug log please

- PeterUK - 2011-06-11

http://pastebin.com/ryqkfVeM

Was working fine the other day, been messing with skins and updating nightlies and it doesn't work now.

Cheers

- exobuzz - 2011-06-11

its an issue related to external python and a missing python module. I suggest switching back to the last stable release.

- PeterUK - 2011-06-12

Cheers pal, reverting back to 10.1 fixed it.

Is noone using a Nightly build with this then? Bit of a bummer as I'm stuck between using stable and experimental due to the latter having force refresh rates, which I need, and the cache Sad

- exobuzz - 2011-06-12

I got a feeling this one only affects the windows version. Ive not had it on linux. possibly the python it comes with misses something. not looked too much into it yet.