Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Gainesway1 - 2012-09-18

@an0key have you updated lib files? You shouldn't have a problem in UK. Can you post a log file?

@Hitcher i was just making every1 aware that the newer player must be used.

Most people might be stuck on this file http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayer/

You must install this 1 for now http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/

I'm watching from Miami.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - rontbeamer - 2012-09-22

Request:
BBC Red Button was removed from iPlayer. This weekend F1 is being broadcast on Red Button. Could we please get Red Button back? One of my primary reasons for watching BBC is F1.

Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Kieron - 2012-09-28

iPlayer is working fine for me, but...

Can the new v2 devs fix this plugin so trakt scrobbling works (now supports streaming). http://trakt.tv/downloads/xbmc

It shouldn't be that much of a challenge to someone who can code!
If someone tells me what to look for in the code I can try. At the moment it just shows as this in XBMC:

Currently Playing
Later Live with Jools Holland: Series 41: Episode 1 - Season -1 - Episode -1
Later Live with Jools Holland: Series 41: Episode 1

It needs to pass the S00E00 and series name to XBMC properly, not in this text based bodged way. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - bboo - 2012-10-01

I might be getting an ATV2 soon so i wanted to be sure if iPlayer will work. I will be using it outside US/UK and i am not sure if a proxy will work or not? I have always used iPlayer on Windows PC through a VPN but since i can not use a VPN in ATV2 i wanted to know if there are any working solutions that people are using.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - VanZan - 2012-10-02

When I was using the iPlayer plugin in my old xbox I had no problem with a proxy and accessing it from Ireland. Just be aware mate that the live channels won't work and you'll need to select "Limelight" as your stream. Have you considered using a DNS service such as unblock-us? I'm pretty sure iPlayer works with that but if it isn't there are many others out there offering free trials that might work e.g unotelly, playon etc...

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - zackpliskin - 2012-10-02

Whoever codes this app needs to take a look at why "adjust display refresh rate to match video" being on causes XBMC to play the first few seconds of a stream extremely fast, then hang on aq:0% and vq:0%, then if you press stop completely crash the program. Pretty big bug that one.

I'm sure it's the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" option because if I start an iPlayer stream windowed and then fullscreen it, playback is synced, buffer fills up quickly and you can seek/watch the program without issues.

For reference I'm running Windows 7 - Eden or pre-12 betas, problem is still there. Default desktop res is 1920x1080p @ 60Hz and of iPlayer streams kick XBMC from that to 1920x1080p @ 50Hz. Running on Acer Revo R3610 so it's ION based. I can reproduce this bug every single time regardless of any plugin settings, so I'd assume anyone else can too. I'll try on my other Windows 7 machines at some point but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's just as easy to crash XBMC via iPlayer in this way.

I can see why this might have been overlooked - a lot of folks don't use the "adjust display refresh rate to match video" option, despite the fact it makes things very smooth on the right source files...

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Hitcher - 2012-10-02

(2012-10-02, 02:23)zackpliskin Wrote: Whoever codes this app needs to take a look at why "sync playback to display" causes XBMC to play the first few seconds of a stream extremely fast, then hang on aq:0% and vq:0%, then if you press stop completely crash the program. Pretty big bug that one.

I'm sure it's the sync playback option because if I start an iPlayer stream windowed and then fullscreen it, playback is synced, buffer fills up quickly and you can seek/watch the program without issues.

For reference I'm running Windows 7 - Eden or pre-12 betas, problem is still there. Default desktop res is 1920x1080p @ 60Hz and of iPlayer streams kick XBMC from that to 1920x1080p @ 50Hz. Running on Acer Revo R3610 so it's ION based. I can reproduce this bug every single time regardless of any plugin settings, so I'd assume anyone else can too. I'll try on my other Windows 7 machines at some point but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's just as easy to crash XBMC via iPlayer in this way.

I can see why this might have been overlooked - a lot of folks don't use the sync playback option, despite the fact it makes things very smooth on the right source files...

Firstly it works fine on my Revo3700 and secondly you haven't posted a debug log.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - zackpliskin - 2012-10-02

<duplicate post>

Debug log eh? Okay.

This is XBMC launched in fullscreen with "adjust display refresh rate to match video" option set (got it confused with "sync playback to display" when describing it yesterday, which I don't use), iPlayer run from Favourites trying to stream an episode of Dragon's Den.

It plays a few seconds with the video running too fast, buffer hits zero, I press stop then XBMC locks up. This is done from fairly recent v12 beta, iPlayer version is 2.4.17, Windows 7 on Acer Revo R3610 as mentioned, EventGhost as launcher for XBMC and control via Xbox DVD IR dongle. Other pertient details can be found in the log itself, of course.

Code:
http://pastebin.com/nPMa27vQ

As mentioned, this problem can be worked around by switching to Windowed mode, waiting for the stream to load so XBMC is playing it in fullscreen video mode, then switching back to fullscreen proper, whereupon the refresh rate is adjusted to fit the video, interlacing can be enabled and seeking/watching is usually flawless, though in the case of seeking I did have to faff about with the iPlayer plugin settings to stop it dropping the stream (i.e. buffering stops) 45 seconds after completing the seek.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - zackpliskin - 2012-10-07

Hmmm. Guess there was no point in posting that debug log and detailed notes on the problem then, suppose it won't get looked at?

Lucky I found a workaround, and shared it here though.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - ijhammo - 2012-10-16

Hi, I just installed the addon and it works great - but i dont get any of the channel icons or video preview artwork. Is this a known bug?

Edit - scrub that - this seems to be the case for all my addons.... no idea what's causing it though!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - exobuzz - 2012-10-17

the plugin just provides urls for xbmc to play. so anything regarding seeking / refresh / playback glitches is down to xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - barrydocks - 2012-10-17

Any idea why iplayer is listed as a music plugin for most skins when a custum menu item is created for it? This means the thumbs aren't displayed properly. Really the only skin that works properly is Alaska :-)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Hitcher - 2012-10-17

Because it can provide both Music and Video I guess.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - dougp - 2012-11-03

Apologies if this has been covered, feel free to just point me elsewhere. And I realise playback is the responsibility of XBMC itself, but it's the iPlayer streams specifically that I'm interested in.

Can someone point me to some info on how the iPlayer system works? Things like what the various stream sources are, why some work and some don't etc. Might help me figure out the answer to the following:

My main question - how can one program play perfectly at 3Mbps+ all the way through, while another program buffers constantly while playing at a lower resolution and only around 1.5Mbps? This is 100% consistent when I tested it, playing each one multiple times and checking the on-screen info. My bandwidth, net connections etc are all more than adequate. The speed check on the BBC site gives me ~10Mbps and green lights for all streams.

Source is set to Limelight only.

Thanks.