Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Franci8sca - 2013-06-28

hope you understand what i mean. if not try watching a tv show and Movie from your library and check out the onscreen info in PM3.HD and you should notice the difference.ImageImageImageImageImage

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - smudger - 2013-06-28

Fixed the stream already playing error on my raspberry pi. Xbian

By going to settings, advanced, force resume lock, ok

Hope this helps some folks

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Araneidae - 2013-06-28

I'm running 2.4.18 (and I've tried reverting to 2.4.17 and applying the fix), but in both cases trying to watch "Precision: The Measure of All Things: Mass and Moles" (BBC 4) causes XBMC to lock up. It reports "Working" (with a spinning circle) in the bottom right hand corner and the Playing dialogue shows with heading "IPlayer - 80%". The only remedy is to forcibly kill XBMC (`kill -11 $pid` does the job).

Not all programs cause a freeze, and I was able to watch the previous "Precision" show a week ago without problems, and have just watched another BBC 1 show without any problems.

Alas, it does strike me that hard-wiring revision 617463_618125_4 into the code (or whatever the appropriate revision will be today or tomorrow) isn't going to be a very long lasting solution to this problem. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that we're already behind the times...

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - tobymutz101 - 2013-06-29

(2013-06-08, 07:32)kalross Wrote: I had a problem playing streams with 18 and had to select Force release resume lock in iPlayer>>Addon Settings.

Just in case anybody else runs into the same issue.

Ta.

K

In relation to this message that I was getting, "Stream already playing, unable to open stream, to continue, stop all other streams (try pressing 'x')" this solution worked a treat!

btw: I did *not* have to rollback to version 2.4.17

thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - XBMCforever - 2013-06-30

I also had the "unable to open stream" problem tonight...

Fixed it by changing the protocol to rtmpt (Port 80)... go to System-->Add-ons-->Enabled Add-ons-->Video Add-ons-->iPlayer-->Configure-->Streams and then toggle the protocol setting. It does say "try rtmpt if firewalled", and my laptop is indeed firewalled (I use Comodo Firewall).

Works perfectly again now Smile

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - XBMCforever - 2013-06-30

Spoke too soon... now the streams play, but they quit after a few minutes... Sad

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - caribsa - 2013-06-30

I have an iPad 4 and I'm in the USA and it's working for me except after few minutes it would self close and I have to reopen it again. I attached the debug log below. If the crash log is needed also, let me know.

My debug xbmc.log: Debug Log

Thanks

(2013-06-27, 22:37)boringpiddock Wrote: Haven't quite got iplayer working properly again since this latest change. Plays for a while - often no more than 5 minutes, sometimes much less, then just stops. Will usually resume, but not always. I'm close to just re-installing everything but wondered if anyone else is having similar issues - would be good to get back to previous performance.
Running 2.4.18 on openelec 3.0.6 on Asrock 330

(2013-06-30, 00:43)XBMCforever Wrote: Spoke too soon... now the streams play, but they quit after a few minutes... Sad

Same problem on an iPad 4, IOS 6.1.2

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - boo86 - 2013-07-01

Hi,
I run XBMC on a Raspberry Pi B rev.2 (512MB) with Raspbmc. The iplayer plugin works fine except for live streams. The only one that works correctly is BBC one, while selecting the others ends in a "working" popup for about a second, then it returns back to the channel selection page. It is the same with Mac or Windows, so I think it's not a Raspbmc problem. My log is here http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=32621.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - gazza221 - 2013-07-02

(2013-06-30, 00:26)XBMCforever Wrote: I also had the "unable to open stream" problem tonight...

Fixed it by changing the protocol to rtmpt (Port 80)... go to System-->Add-ons-->Enabled Add-ons-->Video Add-ons-->iPlayer-->Configure-->Streams and then toggle the protocol setting. It does say "try rtmpt if firewalled", and my laptop is indeed firewalled (I use Comodo Firewall).

Works perfectly again now Smile

This has fixed my problems thanks, Apple TV 2

iPlayer stuck at 80% - Russty - 2013-07-02

I have just installed the iPlayer add-on for the first time (v 2.4.18 on xbmc 12.2 on Win7) and it has one strange problem. Whatever i choose to watch works fine except for a message box in the middle of the screen saying "iPlayer 80%" and "Opening Stream".
The programme continues to play fine but the box never disappears.
If i click the cancelbutton i get a message that the stream failed to play and when i then click OK everything stops and i am back to the iplayer menu.
Tried changing to poer 80 - that just broke everything.

any clues anyone?

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - cablegoon - 2013-07-04

(2013-06-30, 00:43)XBMCforever Wrote: Spoke too soon... now the streams play, but they quit after a few minutes... Sad

anyone figure out how to get it working again - i rolled back/edited the file - played around with the settings
plays for 30 seconds and then goes back to the menu - cant seem to fix it

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - h0dges - 2013-07-04

Hello,

I have recently been getting the following error on EVERY iPlayer channel I try to browse:

Quote:Network Error

Failed to fetch URL
http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bbc_one/list

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/iyZDRURP

Changing stream protocol between rtmp <-> rtmpt does nothing.
My browser can reach the above rss feed without issue.

Please help!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - XBMCforever - 2013-07-05

Try disabling the socket timeout in the add-on settings (by setting it to zero).

I just did about 10 minutes ago, and now the stream doesn't quit anymore.

The socket timeout's default setting is 5 seconds; maybe this is simply too short...

EDIT: it's now close to 20 minutes and the stream hasn't quit once since I changed the socket timeout... it has apparently solved the problem Smile

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - NotEinstein - 2013-07-06

I'm using Xbmc Frodo 12.2 for Windows on Win7 with a large-screen TV as the dedicated monitor, mainly to access BBC iPlayer for both live TV and catchup streams.
The system works well in principle but I cannot find a way to make the iPlayer add-on (v. 2.4.18) display the Formula 1 live stream in HD, not even during those races the BBC is transmitting live, when Xbmc stubbornly displays "SD".
I'd be grateful for any advice!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - aboylikedave - 2013-07-10

I have the problem with not being able to play programmes marked as resumable. I understand i need to turn off 'force release resume lock'. However when I go into settings/advanced there is no button next to 'force release resume lock' to turn it off! I am on 2.4.18.

Any help appreciated.[/u]