Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - toph3r - 2014-05-04

(2014-05-04, 03:50)MilhouseVH Wrote: @toph3r, bosel: Yep sorry, that's an error I introduced with the logging change in 2.5.5 (I'm scratching my head wondering how I missed that). Just add "import xbmc" at the top of iplayer2.py and you should be OK. I've submitted a patch to fix it in the next release.

Doh! That fixed it - many thanks.

Quick question, why do the live streams only work when I tunnel the connection over my UK VPN, yet if using just a proxy the stream fails. It's no biggie, but an just interested.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - exobuzz - 2014-05-04

(2014-05-04, 03:32)toph3r Wrote: The damn thing is still broken. Ever since 2.5.5 iPlayer has not worked when configured with a proxy. 2.5.6 hasn't resolved the issue either.

I don't remember seeing any damn debug log from you regarding this for the release of 2.5.5 nor a damn ticket so what do you expect ?

now we are aware of the issue it will be fixed.

(2014-05-04, 03:54)toph3r Wrote: Quick question, why do the live streams only work when I tunnel the connection over my UK VPN, yet if using just a proxy the stream fails. It's no biggie, but an just interested.

because only meta data gets proxied. The live streams are geolocked.

This plugin is for UK BBC licence fee payers so no support is given regarding use overseas.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - toph3r - 2014-05-04

I included a debug log with my initial post did I not?

Cheers re information concerning the live stream.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - exobuzz - 2014-05-04

You complained it is "still broken". You said "Ever since 2.5.5" it was broken. You never mentioned this problem BEFORE the release of 2.5.6, so it didn't get fixed for 2.5.6 (we didn't know about it and we are not mind readers). Your first post on the forum was today, AFTER the 2.5.6 release.

v2.5.7 is release with a fix for the import issue - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_knGioK16E6bUp3TVlCWkVBRG8/edit?usp=sharing

* fixed xbmc import in iplayer2.py

(2014-05-04, 04:04)exobuzz Wrote: You complained it is "still broken". You said "Ever since 2.5.5" it was broken. You never mentioned this problem BEFORE the release of 2.5.6, so it didn't get fixed for 2.5.6 (we didn't know about it and we are not mind readers). Your first post on the forum was today, AFTER the 2.5.6 release.

I have been on holiday, so it wasn't at the top of my list to report. Plus I just configured my GRE VPN finally to allow seamless routing to the appropriate VPN tunnel so it hasn't been an issue. I had hoped it would be fixed in 2.5.5 but as it wasn't I thought now was appropriate to report it. I even included the full debug.

BTW - I don't understand your comment re the live streams. I was under the impression all TV iPlayer access was geolocked. Do the live channels have a different authentication check to the standard program's?

re: debug log - yep. and because you included the debug log we fixed it. thanks (My issue was with the way you worded your report - if you realised how much of my own free time I put into this, even though I don't even use the plugin anymore you might understand).

re live streams - Yes.

(2014-05-04, 04:17)exobuzz Wrote: Yes.

Noted. Many thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Hitcher - 2014-05-04

I'll update my repo later today.

Thanks again for keeping this up-to-date.

Thanks Hitcher. Appreciate the help.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - smbkr - 2014-05-05

I get an instant crash of xbmc trying to select any stream with the current plugin using 13.0. Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=193885

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - exobuzz - 2014-05-05

(2014-05-05, 12:15)smbkr Wrote: I get an instant crash of xbmc trying to select any stream with the current plugin using 13.0. Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=193885

you need to raise an issue with xbmc - the plugin just feeds a url to xbmc to play. if xbmc crashes, then it is an xbmc issue.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - smbkr - 2014-05-06

If anyone else has the error, it's a common issue with 13.00 and linux, it's mentioned in the linux support forum and there is a branch with a fix.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - k_zeon - 2014-05-06

this has now been fixed. (for ATV2 at least) just upgrade again to 13.0.1 and you ok.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - ilomambo - 2014-05-06

With 2.5.7 I am getting the following error:

10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:25:42 T:1064 ERROR: C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\lib\iplayer2.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
import md5
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 985, in <module>
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: watch(feed, pid, __addon__.getSetting('playaction') == "0")
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 831, in watch
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: subtitles_media = item.get_media_for('captions')
10:25:42 T:1064 NOTICE: AttributeError: 'item' object has no attribute 'get_media_for'
10:25:42 T:1064 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'item' object has no attribute 'get_media_for'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 985, in <module>
watch(feed, pid, __addon__.getSetting('playaction') == "0")
File "C:\Users\ilomambo\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.iplayer\default.py", line 831, in watch
subtitles_media = item.get_media_for('captions')
AttributeError: 'item' object has no attribute 'get_media_for'
-->End of Python script error report<--

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - exobuzz - 2014-05-06

(2014-05-06, 09:30)ilomambo Wrote: With 2.5.7 I am getting the following error:

disable subtitles in addon settings for now, until I have a fix out (bug was introduced with some recent stream selection changes)