Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - eluSive_NZ - 2014-07-22

(2014-07-21, 23:08)dresbo Wrote: It hasn't come back for me yet. At least, most of the listings are missing. Can anyone confirm they have the same issue still, or an idea of how to resolve it, or whether it even needs resolving yet?

Working fine for me

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - MaDWeeGiE - 2014-07-22

Working here

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - smallclone - 2014-07-23

Anybody else have a problem playing live tv?

I can get a log uploaded if it's just me with the problem.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Milhouse - 2014-07-23

BBC One Live working fine here (London, OpenELEC/RPi)

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - dresbo - 2014-07-23

(2014-07-22, 12:31)eluSive_NZ Wrote:
(2014-07-21, 23:08)dresbo Wrote: It hasn't come back for me yet. At least, most of the listings are missing. Can anyone confirm they have the same issue still, or an idea of how to resolve it, or whether it even needs resolving yet?

Working fine for me

And for me now

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - EngineerPeter - 2014-07-28

Am wondering if someone can help me; we are getting a lot of drop out on iplayer streams.

As far as I can tell there is no obvious links to time or specific programme as they all do it. Sometimes once per programme and sometimes a couple of times. Is there a log file I can look at to see what is happening?

has this been happening to anyone else? I'm using v2.5.9 from @hitchers repo and it's been happening for a couple of weeks now. no great stress for me, but she's starting to moan....

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Peter

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - vegetablebrain - 2014-07-30

ADDON CATEGORIES DON'T MATCH BBC WEBSITE
Has anyone noticed that the categories in the RPi iplayer addon don't match the ones on the BBC iplayer website anymore? You can find many programs on the site that don't show up in the addon. e.g. check out the "documentaries" category for many examples. Surprising that the addon does not seem to take its categories from the website, now I think about it.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - upandcumming - 2014-08-03

Goes straight through the addon no problem, but when I select a stream, it just hangs at "Working"! Dublin, Ireland, FireTV using Hola Unblocker!

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Milhouse - 2014-08-03

(2014-08-03, 14:59)upandcumming Wrote: Goes straight through the addon no problem, but when I select a stream, it just hangs at "Working"! Dublin, Ireland, FireTV using Hola Unblocker!

If you supplied a debug log (wiki), maybe there'd be a reason to investigate.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - John_Vella - 2014-09-03

I've just installed iPlayer 2.5.9, and it starts up, and the search works, but when I try and play a video it just goes back to the main menu. Any idea what the problem is, or how I can start my investigation?

I'm running XBMCBunutu 13.0 if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

John.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Hitcher - 2014-09-03

Read the post above yours.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - John_Vella - 2014-09-04

(2014-09-03, 20:40)Hitcher Wrote: Read the post above yours.

Ok, no problem. I'll post it when I get home.

Edit to add: I upgraded to 13.2 this morning, and iPlayer is now... iPlaying! Hope this helps someone else with the same problem.

Smile

Is iPlayer buffering and caching for people? (Mac especially.) - ganpati23 - 2014-10-10

Hi,

I've put a new thread in the hope that people will see this (as I've just found out that some other addons are caching/buffering but BBC iPlayer isn't.)

I still can't find the cache folder in the Mac (OS 10.9 - looked in both library/application support/xbmc and all it's subfolders, and in Applications (show package contents) and all subfolders.)

I've used advanced settings to cache to HDD, but have also tried with Ram set to 1 gig (I have 10 gig free) and have tried buffer modes 0 and 1. And with it set to HDD, I have a buffer factor of 10.

But on BBC iPlayer I get no caching/buffering. The grey buffer line doesn't invrease in front on the blue play line and the codec info - pressing 'o' during playback - shows no buffer.

Yet watching two other addons just now, I found that both buffered - you could see the grey line (as well as the info).

So could anyone with BBC iPlayer see if it buffers for them, please?

Then I'll know if it's a BBC iPlayer issue or something wrong with my setup/settings/installation.

Any help much appreciated.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - fatbob46 - 2014-10-10

Same here, os 10.10beta, Iplayer doesn't appear to cache.

RE: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - ganpati23 - 2014-10-11

(2014-10-10, 23:31)fatbob46 Wrote: Same here, os 10.10beta, Iplayer doesn't appear to cache.

Thanks for checking for me, mate.

This is rather annoying. It would be great if we could just pause a prog at the start for a few minutes before we watched it to make sure that it played smoothly.

It's annoying when iPlayer glitches to buffer during peak periods.

I assume we have no idea why this happens and therefore a way to fix it?

Thanks again.