Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- dink - 2009-12-21

Restless Wrote:hmm lately the streaming has been jerky on bbci player

This is probably an issue with your bandband connection. What may help is going into settings and selecting a lower bandwidth video stream. If this doesn't help it could be an issue with some other software running on your machine if you have a PC or Mac.

Cheers
Dink

- dink - 2009-12-21

Rob Xbox User Wrote:Help Needed Please

I have an Acer Revo 3600
XBMC camelot

Just installed iplayer plugin however when i play back the video image is all scrambled - the sound is working fine though. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I assume you are using Linux in which case you need to be using VDPAU video decoding on that machine to offload the video decoding onto the NVidia GPU.

See this posting for more info. This forum hosts most of the VDPAU discussions and is a good place to search for answers.

Cheers
Dink

- Kieron - 2009-12-21

dink Wrote:I assume you are using Linux in which case you need to be using VDPAU video decoding on that machine to offload the video decoding onto the NVidia GPU.

See this posting for more info. This forum hosts most of the VDPAU discussions and is a good place to search for answers.

Cheers
Dink

Hi there could you be so kind as to explain to me how I can get this integrated nicely into aeon, maybe in the menu or something, because at the moment I have to get there by going through the videos menu. cheers!

- dink - 2009-12-22

Kieron Wrote:Hi there could you be so kind as to explain to me how I can get this integrated nicely into aeon, maybe in the menu or something, because at the moment I have to get there by going through the videos menu. cheers!

Simple answer - don't know. I don't use this skin. Best to search or ask in the Aeon forum http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=68

Cheers
Dink

- garyi - 2009-12-30

Hi Dink, my iplayer no longer works I can scroll through all the highlights through to shows etc but when I try to start any programme is say 'error connecting to source' or something similar.

Its not the BEEB or my network as my WII console connects fine.

Any ideas?

I think I am on the latest offical release of XBMC

- dink - 2009-12-31

garyi Wrote:Hi Dink, my iplayer no longer works I can scroll through all the highlights through to shows etc but when I try to start any programme is say 'error connecting to source' or something similar.

Its not the BEEB or my network as my WII console connects fine.

Any ideas?

I think I am on the latest offical release of XBMC

Hi garyi. A couple of things. Can you post your xbmc.log so I can have a close look at what's going on. One thing to try, go into the plugin settings and select a specific Video stream rather than "Auto". That seems to work for a few folk.

Cheers
Dink

- dc2447 - 2009-12-31

Plugin working really well for us, really cool.

One [OT] question, the 3200 stream - is that always pushing out 720p? The quality seems to vary for me depending on the show.

- dink - 2009-12-31

dc2447 Wrote:Plugin working really well for us, really cool.

One [OT] question, the 3200 stream - is that always pushing out 720p? The quality seems to vary for me depending on the show.

Yup - must be an issue from when the original material was encoded.

Cheers
Dink

Minor update to plugin - dink - 2009-12-31

Hi Folks

I have put a minor update on http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/

This update should help where folk are getting "can't locate tv stream" errors.

The plugin now offers to play a higher bitrate stream when the default stream or lower bitrate than default isn't available. This should help in situations where only the 720p stream is available. Since not all systems or broadband connections are capable of playing back higher bitrate streams you will be prompted and can accept or reject the stream.

Cheers
Dink

- dink - 2010-01-01

dink Wrote:Yup - must be an issue from when the original material was encoded.

Cheers
Dink

Or if a 720p stream isn't available the nearest available will be used instead by the plugin. Which could go all the way down to a Flash VP6 Wii stream which is really noticeable on a big HD screen.

Cheers
Dink

- dc2447 - 2010-01-01

dink Wrote:Or if a 720p stream isn't available the nearest available will be used instead by the plugin. Which could go all the way down to a Flash VP6 Wii stream which is really noticeable on a big HD screen.

Cheers
Dink

Quality never looks that bad.

I guess the debug log will spit out what stream it's using?

Actually, I can use iftop or similar to tell the bitrate.

edit: the info is in the debug log

- dink - 2010-01-01

dc2447 Wrote:Quality never looks that bad.

I guess the debug log will spit out what stream it's using?

Actually, I can use iftop or similar to tell the bitrate.

edit: the info is in the debug log

Or even easier just hit the "z" key. It should be bound to "Change Aspect Ratio" and hitting it once will display resolution based info including the source material resolution.

Cheers
Dink

BBC HD Troubles - dgilbert2 - 2010-01-01

Dink

Thanks for the iplayer on XBMC. The picture quality with lack of stuttering is so good compared to using BBC iplayer in Boxee!

The two issues which I have not read any fixes for are;

1) When watching BBC HD, the sound is a good second ahead of the picture.

2) Using Fast forward/reverse has a tendancy to crash the ATV, especially with HD.

I'm using an Apple TV with 3.0.1, XBMC 9.11 R26018 and iplayer 2009-12-31.

Any ideas what I need to do?

- dink - 2010-01-01

For 1) Try the System Setting for Video Playback. There should be an Audio Sync or Sync playback option. The root of the problem is likely that your system is occasionally struggling to playback the HD content and then getting out of sync.

For 2) Don't use fast forward or rewind use Skip instead. Works much better with streams. Skip should be bound to the arrow keys on your remote left/right 30sec up/down 10min

Cheers
Dink

dgilbert2 Wrote:Dink

Thanks for the iplayer on XBMC. The picture quality with lack of stuttering is so good compared to using BBC iplayer in Boxee!

The two issues which I have not read any fixes for are;

1) When watching BBC HD, the sound is a good second ahead of the picture.

2) Using Fast forward/reverse has a tendancy to crash the ATV, especially with HD.

I'm using an Apple TV with 3.0.1, XBMC 9.11 R26018 and iplayer 2009-12-31.

Any ideas what I need to do?

- dgilbert2 - 2010-01-01

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have tried all the suggestions but still no joy.

Has anyone else with an Apple TV found a solution to these issues?

dink Wrote:For 1) Try the System Setting for Video Playback. There should be an Audio Sync or Sync playback option. The root of the problem is likely that your system is occasionally struggling to playback the HD content and then getting out of sync.

For 2) Don't use fast forward or rewind use Skip instead. Works much better with streams. Skip should be bound to the arrow keys on your remote left/right 30sec up/down 10min

Cheers
Dink