Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- gobbledigook - 2010-03-19

gamehungry Wrote:Care to share where we could find the latest .deb so can continue to use the iplayer as intended ? linuxcentre no longer host it, I've seen the post for the get_iplayer.cgi but I'm sure what I need to do with that as it's not a .deb.

Thanks !!

the link to get_iplayer.cgi is the same place to get the other part of the package, the root of that folder is here and has another file in it just called get_iplayer... don't know if it is a .deb or if you need to install it yourself?

If you follow MY instructions it will not work on a xbmc live install as i wrote mine specifically for my ubuntu box, BASED on the first page google cache, look at the last post of that page, it is the guide for xbmc live.

If you cannot install get_iplayer from apt-get you will prob need to add the correct repository? if i remember correctly it was in the ubuntu universe repository? i'll check it out a bit more when i get home from work Smile

Code:
get_iplayer --rtmptvopts "--swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf" --flvstreamer "/usr/bin/rtmpdump" --add-prefs

this command is never going to work until you install the get_iplayer.deb - if i find it i'll link it and possibly host on my own site for future ref....

@ spicemuseum - I originally had a LAMP + file server running utorrent under wine in a fluxbox gui (just cause i really like the utorrent ui and webui!!) and then wanted to take it a step further and send my music and vids to the telly! so i just stuck with fluxbox! it's worked amazingly well so far... but want to keep things as simple as possible so i can use that extra memory!! its only a single core with 1gb ram

Anyways... i like to make things difficult for myself Wink Really like the power of the CLI and how much you learn.. like every time you use it Smile

- spicemuseum - 2010-03-19

gamehungry Wrote:Care to share where we could find the latest .deb
Thanks !!
I've put it here:
http://bit.ly/cIfPDc

Have fun.

- Chrissssssss - 2010-03-20

Seem to be having problems playing iPlayer videos for more than a minute or so. Happens on all videos, will play fine for a short period then go back to the file list.

It was happening on an older XBMC version, installed 9.11 today with the newest iPlayer plugin and still happening.

Any ideas?

- Hitcher - 2010-03-20

Chrissssssss Wrote:Seem to be having problems playing iPlayer videos for more than a minute or so. Happens on all videos, will play fine for a short period then go back to the file list.

It was happening on an older XBMC version, installed 9.11 today with the newest iPlayer plugin and still happening.

Any ideas?
Yep -
spicemuseum Wrote:So it looks like all of the important stuff from the last month or so got lost in the "lightning strike". :-(

Quick summary:
BBC implemented SWF verification on the streams, which broke the plugin.
We all went ballistic and spammed Auntie and the Auntie Trust.
Some clever people worked out how to workaround the issue using get_iplayer.
Some other people patched XBMC builds with 'hookey' hashing codes, so there are two workarounds.
The dev behind get_iplayer pulled it.
XBMC web site crashed spectacularly.
Errr, that's it.

- Chrissssssss - 2010-03-20

Hmm, that didn't show up when I searched. Thanks for that.

Shame they've stopped it working but looks like it's easy enough to fix. I shall have a fiddle. Ta.

Ha, just noticed it's all there on the page before I posted. Will have to look harder in future.

iPlayer new "hack" on xbox1? - dabberdave - 2010-03-20

Hi,

Can someone please provide an idiot's step-by-step guide for installing the new "hack" to get iPlayer working again on my old xbox1 running XBMC?

I see that exobuzz has posted a hack, but I'm afraid I've got no idea what to do to get it to work. It seems like the files he's provided are a completely new version of XBMC itself. But what do I do when I've installed that? Do I need to install the same old iPlayer plugin?

Sorry if these are stupid questions!

Thanks.

- Sle7enUK - 2010-03-20

dabberdave Wrote:Hi,

Can someone please provide an idiot's step-by-step guide for installing the new "hack" to get iPlayer working again on my old xbox1 running XBMC?

I see that exobuzz has posted a hack, but I'm afraid I've got no idea what to do to get it to work. It seems like the files he's provided are a completely new version of XBMC itself. But what do I do when I've installed that? Do I need to install the same old iPlayer plugin?

Sorry if these are stupid questions!

Thanks.

Just download exobuzz's version and upload it to your Xbox as a normal update, remembering to transfer all your old files from your 'userdata' folder and plugins etc....

I just rename my old install and leave it complete on the Xbox as a backup incase any new versions don't work, then it's just a matter of renaming folders rather than uploading everything in case the newer version doesn't work.

I'm using exobuzz's version and it works fine for iPlayer.

- 3guk - 2010-03-21

Anyone got a mirror for the get-iplayer-current.deb file ?

Seems that whoever uploaded it to rapidshare has only allowed it to be downloaded 10 times Sad

If someone can get me a copy, will host it on my server.

- dc2447 - 2010-03-21

get-iplayer-current.deb

- spicemuseum - 2010-03-21

3guk Wrote:Anyone got a mirror for the get-iplayer-current.deb file ?

Seems that whoever uploaded it to rapidshare has only allowed it to be downloaded 10 times Sad
'Whoever' apologises for Rapidshare being rubbish and for the file being so popular :-)
I've changed my references to use dc2447's link.

- dabberdave - 2010-03-21

Thanks Sle7enUK.

However I'm still having problems.

I've FTPed exobuzz's files to my xbox. I now have a folder called "xbmc-r28565-iplayerhack" in my Apps folder alongside my original XBMC folder. If I use file manager I can navigate to "default.py" within this new "hacked" version of XBMC, and by selecting this the new version of XBMC starts.

I have also copied the iPlayer plugin into the new plugins/video folder within "xbmc-r28565-iplayerhack". However when I try to run it nothing happens.

Please could you talk me through this step by step for an idiot! Huh

Sle7enUK Wrote:Just download exobuzz's version and upload it to your Xbox as a normal update, remembering to transfer all your old files from your 'userdata' folder and plugins etc....

I just rename my old install and leave it complete on the Xbox as a backup incase any new versions don't work, then it's just a matter of renaming folders rather than uploading everything in case the newer version doesn't work.

I'm using exobuzz's version and it works fine for iPlayer.

- afcpaddy - 2010-03-21

Hi all,

Ive just recently started using XBMC. Ive installed it as a standalone ontop of Ubuntu. I want to get iplayer working and i just downloaded get-iplayer-current.deb. How do i go about installing this? I have FTP setup to transfer files, but do i have to do something in terminal?

Sorry for my n00bness

afcpaddy Wrote:Hi all,

Ive just recently started using XBMC. Ive installed it as a standalone ontop of Ubuntu. I want to get iplayer working and i just downloaded get-iplayer-current.deb. How do i go about installing this? I have FTP setup to transfer files, but do i have to do something in terminal?
Yep.
Code:
sudo dpkg -i get-iplayer-current.deb

dabberdave Wrote:I've FTPed exobuzz's files to my xbox. I now have a folder called "xbmc-r28565-iplayerhack" in my Apps folder alongside my original XBMC folder. If I use file manager I can navigate to "default.py" within this new "hacked" version of XBMC, and by selecting this the new version of XBMC starts.

I have also copied the iPlayer plugin into the new plugins/video folder within "xbmc-r28565-iplayerhack". However when I try to run it nothing happens.
Not quite sure what you've done, but are you sure you're running Buzz's default.xbe?
i.e. did you replace/overwrite the default.xbe with Buzz's version on your XBOX?

- dabberdave - 2010-03-21

Ah ha! Got it, thanks. Meant to say "default.xbe" not "default.py", sorry, but I've now copied across Buzz's default.xbe and all is working again. You are all genius-like gods. :-)

spicemuseum Wrote:Not quite sure what you've done, but are you sure you're running Buzz's default.xbe?
i.e. did you replace/overwrite the default.xbe with Buzz's version on your XBOX?