Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!) (/showthread.php?tid=51322)

- fdrzrich - 2010-07-16

Guys,
Any tips on what option I need with the ./configure in order to compile with rtmp support. This is stopping me from getting this great addon working -
getting "CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol rtmp"
Running Karmic Linux on the latest XBMC SVN

- R_N_B - 2010-07-16

Originally I used the download provided by bionicmunky.

But as the SVN has caught up so to speak I just download the latest version of XBMC from the nightlies and added the iplayer add-on to my XBMC addon folder.

Oh and I used the file that was posted by Hitcher and pasted into my addon folder too. That allowed me to update to the latest version of iPlayer. That was on Win7 by the way. Should also work with Linux. er I hope. But what I know about Linux could be written on the head of a pin.

- MrBasset - 2010-07-16

Hi Exobuzz,

I'm trying to use the IPlayer plug-in with little success right now. Originally, I grabbed the add-on from the svn as advised, however I would get a script error saying something along the lines of not being able to find an AddPtr in addoncompat.py.

Output of xbmc.log below:

Code:
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216  NOTICE: addoncompat.py: XBMC Revision: 31718
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216 WARNING: ADDON: cpluff: 'Could not return information about unknown plug-in IPlayer.'
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.Exception
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216   ERROR: Error Contents: Could not get AddonPtr!
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/IPlayer/default.py", line 22, in ?
                                                import addoncompat
                                              File "/home/htpc/.xbmc/addons/IPlayer/lib/addoncompat.py", line 59, in ?
                                                __addon__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(os.path.basename(os.getcwd()))
                                            Exception: Could not get AddonPtr!
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
18:18:01 T:140498455877904 M:2870153216    INFO: Python script stopped

I saw that Hitcher had uploaded an add-on repository though, so I installed that version and had a little more success as I was able to get a listing of shows etc. However on trying to play anything I get a script failure message as it seems that I have a similar problem to fdrzrich.

fdrzrich Wrote:Guys,
Any tips on what option I need with the ./configure in order to compile with rtmp support. This is stopping me from getting this great addon working -
getting "CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol rtmp"
Running Karmic Linux on the latest XBMC SVN

I'm compiling XBMC on Karmic against a pretty recent SVN version (31718) as the PPAs don't work for add-ons on 64bit.

- exobuzz - 2010-07-17

Hitcher Wrote:I've removed the 'Settings' selection from the main menu and updated the icons but if anyone can come up with some better ones please do.

@ exobuzz I hope you don't mind me hosting this in my Add-on repo, if you do then please let me know.

I'm extremely happy. The less I have to do the better ;-) Please do post back any improvements you make that you think we should include.

- exobuzz - 2010-07-17

daniel.pool Wrote:I'm trying to use the IPlayer plug-in with little success right now. Originally, I grabbed the add-on from the svn as advised, however I would get a script error saying something along the lines of not being able to find an AddPtr in addoncompat.py.

I saw that Hitcher had uploaded an add-on repository though, so I installed that version and had a little more success as I was able to get a listing of shows etc. However on trying to play anything I get a script failure message as it seems that I have a similar problem to fdrzrich.

You weren't far off. The problem was only that you didn't rename the folder from IPlayer to plugin.video.iplayer - there is a little install.txt in the zip. But it might be easier for all to use hitchers repo if you want something that keeps itself up to date etc.

- MrBasset - 2010-07-17

Exobuzz,

Thanks for the reply, I had wondered whether I needed to change the directory name (though for me it was purely an asthetic thing as it didn't match any of the other add-ons. Meh, joys of minor ocd).

@fdrzrich,

I did a little more searching this morning and google threw up this link to another forum thread for compiling with librmtp in linux. I'm following those instructions now and recompiling. Will update with progress, but I think that this should work :-)

~Dan

Update:

Hmm, that didn't work. librtmp compiled fine, but xbmc didn't detect it when running ./configure. Will have to look into it later, about to invoke the wrath of the wife unless I get my butt out the door :-)

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-17

Ok. So we seem to have a working iPlayer for XMBC.

Now my I ask that a summery "How Too" be posted. Not everybody knows how to use SNV's and the likes. As we are now (at time of posting) 84 pages in. I Am sure new users will get lost. I Know I am. lol

Hope somebody can do the honorary's.

Oddsodz

- Oddsodz - 2010-07-19

What? No takers?

Sad Face

- grindboy - 2010-07-19

Well I'm probably going to do a write up for how to get as many of the uk catchup services running on xbmc as possible. So far I've only got iPlayer working. Going to try and get the others working today.

- Sneeka - 2010-07-19

Oddsodz Wrote:Ok. So we seem to have a working iPlayer for XBMC.

Now my I ask that a summery "How Too" be posted. Not everybody knows how to use SNV's and the likes. As we are now (at time of posting) 84 pages in. I Am sure new users will get lost. I Know I am. lol
Here's a short howto (for Windows)..

- Download the latest nightly build (I used r31977) from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/ and install.

- Download the IPlayer plugin from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list and extract it to your xbmc 'addons' folder.

- Browse to the addons folder and look for the 'IPlayer' folder - rename this folder to 'plugin.video.iplayer'

- Start up XBMC, and IPlayer will now be available via 'Videos -> Addons'

- mymymy - 2010-07-20

I seem to get issues if I try and pause the stream. Once I have paused, it will then play a little bit more and will then just get stuck and repeat the same 0.5 sec again and again and I have to kill xbmc.

using Windows7 x64, the first dharma nightly. I'll try and repo tonight with a log.

Anyone else having this issue?

- exobuzz - 2010-07-20

Yeh I had a similar problem on the xbox, and I disabled the pause functionality (it still pauses but now only as long as the stream doesnt timeout). You should def open a trac bug about it.

- bosel - 2010-07-20

could someone please have a look at this log and hopefully give me a clue as to why i can't get the plugin to work?

http://pastebin.com/HabgKVrV

plugin version 1.8 hitcher repo and 2.0 official
xbmc latest 15 nightlies (osx) / latest 2 nightly builds ubuntu ppa

Directory Loading... Slow? - parrydave - 2010-07-21

Hi
Great plugin, been waiting to get iPlayer up and running for ages. I have a question/problem. When navigating through the iPlayer menus, it takes a very long time to load categories/program lists etc. I get the "Directory Loading" dialog for a couple of minutes each time. Internet speed is fine (3.5Mb/s) and I can happily get HD streaming through iPlayer, just every navigation step seems very slow. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I'll try to add a debug log in case it helps....
Thanks

- exobuzz - 2010-07-21

What platform ? the lists load quickly here.