[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live UK Freeview Channels - Updated 07/06/09 - fantaman32 - 2009-05-23 17:21
I've only be using xbmc for a few days now (linux version) but I was so excited by the videos plugins to only be disappointed by the lack of one for live streaming tv.
after a bit of searching around I found TVCatchup.com and after an evening with voinage's plugin tutorial I managed to get up and running my first successful plugin
So here it is the TVCatchup.com Video Plugin!!!
**PLEASE NOTE: THE OFFICIAL RELEASE THREAD IS IN THE FORUMS OVER AT TVCATCHUP.COM**
I will try and keep this up to date though.
V2.1 - Temporary fix
* Site seems to have rolled back some changes so this is to temporarily deal with them until they re-implement the API again
* Thumbnails are currently broken (due to recent site changes)
* Now/Next is currently broken (due to recent site changes)
LATEST UPDATES: (v2.1)
- Now hosted as a google code project
- Username / Password are now plugin settings - thanks to dink for this change!
- Now displays simple now/next info when selecting channel
- Work with new site as of 6/6/2009
- TVCatchup.com requires registration (free). Sign up and get a username/password
- Extract to the plugins\video folder in your xbmc dir
- Boot up xbmc and enjoy
- (remember to enter your username / password via the plugin settings!)
- xbmc seems to hang if you try to watch a channel which is "off-line" at the moment (i.e. five us only broadcasts between certain hours - out of hours xbmc hangs) Fixed in latest T3CH stable build with plugin v2.1
- xbox version of xbmc has a memory leak when trying to watch rtmp streams (like this & iPlayer). The xbox will freeze after 4-5 minutes. (needs a patch to be applied to xbmc SVN code) - info from rudeboyx Fixed in latest T3CH stable build with plugin v2.1
- can be processor intensive on the xbox due to the decryption required on the stream (dj_gerbil)
- Not all thumbnails display as they do not exist on the tvcatchup servers yet (WIP from their side i guess) TVC seem to have updated the servers
simmo2001 posted a video of it in action over at the tvcatchup.com forums check out the video HERE
There also some screenshots - Original Post
DOWNLOAD FROM GOOGLE CODE
- Avigrace - 2009-05-23 18:59
Wow, looks very nice, the perfect compliment to iPlayer
Thanks, will install and have a play
- Avigrace - 2009-05-23 19:33
Installed and had a play, all the channels I tried played back flawlessly.
Do you think it will ever be possible to have a tv guide for the channels? Or at least a now/next
- whufclee - 2009-05-23 20:11
Damn it I spent ages trying to get my aerial pointing the right way so I can pick up freeview on my TV which took all last weekend! This would have saved me some trouble - great plugin, works a treat. Would be great if the now/next or tv guide could be added too.
- rudeboyx - 2009-05-23 20:36
awsome. been waiting for a mediaportal tvserver plugin / script , so this has gone down nicley.
i agree a now / next / guide would be nice, but great work.
im definatley intersted in any upgrades you do with this plugin.
subscribing to this thread now! and i look forward to any updates
- rudeboyx - 2009-05-23 22:36
looks like the plugin uses simmilar protocol to the bbc iplayer plugin therefore the XBMC bug on the xbox builds mentioned in the BBC iplayer thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51322 causes a memory leak and eventually xbox freeze after about 4-5 min of playback. until the patch is applied to the xbox branch of XBMC SVN, This plugin will appear to crash often. it is not a plugin bug but XBMC for xbox bug and will be fixed in the near future, as a fix is already implemented in the other platform versions of XBMC
- PantsOnFire - 2009-05-25 11:07
This looks great potentially but I can't get it to work.
Im aware of the xbox incompatibility at the mo, so I'm not even gonna try xbox yet. But on my pc I click on each channel title, but then nothing happens, no stream starts, and there's nothing inside when I click on the channel
I think I've set the username and pass right-- do they have to have the "*" (stars) before and after them or would they just read "password".
Or do they even need the quotation marks? I wasn't clear from the 1st post.
I'm hoping that's all thats wrong cos I'm using:
XBMC 8.10 20024
Build date: 6th May 2009
Aeon version: Stark 0.9
Graetful if anyone can help, it's probably something very simple I've overlooked!
EDIT: Damn my foolish monday morning self! I just simply hadn't removed a "*" from the username in the PY file! Please feel free to delete this post.
- fantaman32 - 2009-05-25 11:19
rudeboyx Wrote:looks like the plugin uses simmilar protocol to the bbc iplayer plugin therefore the XBMC bug on the xbox builds mentioned in the BBC iplayer thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51322 causes a memory leak and eventually xbox freeze after about 4-5 min of playback. until the patch is applied to the xbox branch of XBMC SVN, This plugin will appear to crash often. it is not a plugin bug but XBMC for xbox bug and will be fixed in the near future, as a fix is already implemented in the other platform versions of XBMC
Thanks rudeboyx! I have added your info to the known issues list on the top post! very much appreciated
- fantaman32 - 2009-05-25 11:23
PantsOnFire Wrote:This looks great potentially but I can't get it to work.
I'm very glad you got it working! Wasn't really thinking when I put those asterisks in there! - have updated the post to specify to remove them aswell.
- PantsOnFire - 2009-05-25 11:52
Yes it plays brilliantly, a little stutter when it gets going but it's a very minor thing. I think this post will become very popular quite quickly.
Just one question.. I've switched to using the MediaStream skin. I've added the links to the channels to my favourites, so they're more easily accessible from the main menu of xbmc. But they don't start from there With regards to logging-in based plugins... is there a requirement of xbmc for this to take place within the MyVideos section of xbmc..