Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2009-09-15

Unfortunately TVC have introduced some new security measures that have broken the plugin. The other problem we have is that due to the open source nature of XBMC and the fact that python scripts can be read by anyone, the site are reluctant to give me the necessary information to fix the plugin. But we haven't given up yet.

- slifin - 2009-09-21

there must be some sort of python encrypter so you can't read the source I know there are .py to .exe converters etc

- michaeldcoates - 2009-09-24

Any joy? This plugin would be amazing - all freeview via xbmc, perfect considering i don't have a regular tv ariel in my room!

- dj_gerbil - 2009-09-24

Copied from my post over on the TVC forum:
Quote: Ok, so I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that I've got the plugin partly working. Now for the bad news. Due to the some 'Security Issues' namely that XBMC and its plugins are open source, we can not directly access the API. As a result we've had to temporally adopt a web based solution. In other words the plugin now passes the page from XBMC to the browser of your choice for viewing, returning to XBMC afterwards. The problem with this is that it now limits the plugin to only working on the Windows/Linux and possibly Mac platforms. I've got one more tiny bug to work out, once I've done that I'll publish a download link for people to try. Sorry its not better news, but hey at least its not completely dead.
Someone asked me about the web browser for the Xbox, but I don't know if it can handle flash, so if anyone has any ideas please le me know.

- michaeldcoates - 2009-09-24

I use linksboks browser on my xbox which is surprisingly awesome for text based stuff though it can't even handle ssl let alone flash. I think that way is a non starter for the xbox unless you can create the best browser man has ever created... for the xbox...

This is bad news for the best plugin available on the xbox Sad

Thank you for your efforts though, it really is awesome.

- dj_gerbil - 2009-09-24

michaeldcoates Wrote:I use linksboks browser on my xbox which is surprisingly awesome for text based stuff though it can't even handle ssl let alone flash. I think that way is a non starter for the xbox unless you can create the best browser man has ever created... for the xbox...

This is bad news for the best plugin available on the xbox Sad

Thank you for your efforts though, it really is awesome.

Well the other chain of thought is to somehow encrypt the plugin so that the API security is not compromised, but at the moment I'm not much further with that either.

- blackadaberry - 2009-09-25

I have an idea for a solution. I don't know quite how viable it is but input is input.

I was thinking maybe if it was coded as a standalone app much like linksbox. The security could be coded in so all was need was username and password. Maybe it could be built on a stripped down xbmc which doesn't use python but makes its api calls in c. In my view it's probably the only option as far as security an the xbox is concerned. I don't know how this would fare on other platforms..

- dj_gerbil - 2009-09-25

blackadaberry Wrote:I have an idea for a solution. I don't know quite how viable it is but input is input.

I was thinking maybe if it was coded as a standalone app much like linksbox. The security could be coded in so all was need was username and password. Maybe it could be built on a stripped down xbmc which doesn't use python but makes its api calls in c. In my view it's probably the only option as far as security an the xbox is concerned. I don't know how this would fare on other platforms..

That actually isn't a bad idea. I was thinking of something along those lines myself. The only problem I was coming across is that I have no idea about how Xbox programs work. I can probably write the C code, but I need someone to point me in the right direction when it comes to compiling it to run on an Xbox.

- rudeboyx - 2009-09-25

yes a standalone app for the xbox is a great idea. would make integrating the tv guide alot easier. would need to have options to return to xbmc etc, so that it still felt like part of the complete media centre experience.

what ever you decide, i hope its soon, i cant describe how much i miss this plugin since i dont have a freeview box and my PC with the tuner in is currently in a frazzled state waiting to go back to the manufacture for repair. so iv no freeview at all.

good luck trying to figure this out.

- blackadaberry - 2009-09-25

I can't say I'm too fussed about the back to xbmc function to me the main things are

* that I can select a channel
* that I can watch a channel
* that I can switch between channels
* a tv guide would be nice but I'm really not bothered about that at all as xbmc already has that in the mytv script.

- boyofford - 2009-09-26

Doh, just installed this and realised its down.
Dam shame, hope it can be sorted.
Good luck!

- fantaman32 - 2009-09-26

dj_gerbil Wrote:That actually isn't a bad idea. I was thinking of something along those lines myself. The only problem I was coming across is that I have no idea about how Xbox programs work. I can probably write the C code, but I need someone to point me in the right direction when it comes to compiling it to run on an Xbox.

Not one to give up on my original plugin I may have a solution that could be workable for both us and tvcatchup and still protect their API.

check this out: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~ast rand/projects/pyobfuscate/

it's an obfuscator, It jumbles up the code to make it unreadable whilst keeping it functionally the same. I'm just gonna try it out and see what happens.

- michaeldcoates - 2009-09-27

keep us posted fantaman and good luck to everyone trying to fix this!

- Restless - 2009-10-19

any news on the script? Didnt have it for long before it broke Smile Looking forward to it again

- sipart - 2009-10-20

I dont know if this helps at all (at least for a bit) but an iPhone version now exists - iPhone.tvcatchup.com (in beta). 11 channels, no login needed.

It works well. Can't tell you any more than that, but presume if stream can be played by xbox then it just needs to 'ape' an iphone, like iplayer plugin? Example URL below:

http://84.234.22.104:1935/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp/playlist.m3u8?stream=bbctwo

Cheers