Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-09

mattg42 Wrote:Hi,
I've downloaded the release that is supposed to be Dharma RC2 compatible (1.3.2) from your website and the zip file says it is plugin.video.tvcatchup.132.zip but if you unzip it, it is 1.3.1 and that is verified when you Install from Zip in Dharma, the Plugin's screen says 1.3.1 is installed and not 1.3.2. Consequently I'm getting a Python script failed error when I try to run it (I've got the username/password and libRTMP support turned on) when it tries to load the directory.

Happy to send a log file, sorry to be a noob but where is this plugin logging it's errors to?

Could the Dharma RC2 version (I'm on AppleTV Linux) have a problem with this platform? The iPlayer works fine so I assume it should work.

Thanks for your great work, this really is awesome.

Don't worry about the zip saying 132 but the installer saying 131 it is the right version it won't be causing an error. Are you getting a channel list or is the error before that? If so, try re-entering your password. If the error appears after the channel list then it sounds like there might be a problem on some builds but I'm waiting on a log file to check, so if you could try installing this and PM me the log file that would be great.

- falafael - 2010-12-09

did as you suggested, and still doing the same, couldn't find a folder either, alot of problems this one is!!!!

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-09

Right, can you go to C:\Users\Glenn\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\user_data\plugin.video.tvcatchup\TVC_cache and if it's not there create it.

Edit: If you've got skype, if you want you can message me and I'll talk you through it

- mprassel - 2010-12-09

Is anybody having problems with this today? It's frozen my Windows 7 system and my XBMCLive system on my revo. Both when clicking on a channel to stream. The working symbol keeps moving but I have to restart the system as the keyboard stops working.

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-09

If you check the TVC forums they are doing some works on the service so there maybe some downtime this morning. I've just checked and they seem to be back now, although I'll keep an eye on it and post if it goes down again.

- falafael - 2010-12-09

i get the now playing logo in the bottom right, but no tv appears to watch....Hmmm...lost at the moment!

Edit: have enabled the trmp thing, and all is well....thank you very much gerbiil for the assistance, appreciated!!
Owe you a Pint!!

- falafael - 2010-12-09

new problem, when i select the channel to watch, it works, but the channel list remains impoosed on top, whereas before it would go straight to full screen, any suggestions as to why this is now happening?

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-09

Try pressing Tab, sounds like the skin mis-behaving to me.

- falafael - 2010-12-10

Problem is sorted out now thanks, few questions come to mind,

1 - Will we see any HD content on TVC?

2 - Is it possible to watch regional variations, such as the news, at the moment i get BBC London, when i would rather have BBC East Midlands!

Thanks again!

Not sure if installing this plugin was a good idea after all, the missus actually watch corrie last night.....Shocked Punishment or what!!

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-10

In answer to your first question, It's more than possible we'll see HD soon, as I think they are looking into it.

The other one, the problem is that the main signal acquisition takes place in London so for them to do regional variations would require servers in other parts of the country so its not very likely at the moment.

- ptipton - 2010-12-11

Its worth noting that TVCatchup blocks VPN's which was the problem in my case.

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-11

Yea, sorry about that. It's because VPN's can be used to bypass geo-blocking which is a big no no I'm afraid.

- dj_gerbil - 2010-12-11

I've just uploaded a new version that hopefully fixes the folder creation issue and adds some feedback for fault finding.You don't have to upgrade as the core code is the same, but if you want to test it for me it'd be great.

- falafael - 2010-12-11

hi gerbil, i've just installed on my 2nd htpc, and it worked 1st time with no problems at all!!!
Nice one!

- mattg42 - 2010-12-11

Hi Gerbil,

Thanks the 1.3.4 release fixed my problem and the directory loads and TV views okay now, no script errors.

One problem is that the screen ratio is wrong (on any channel like BBC1 or ITV1), it seems 4:3 or squashed vertically. My AppleTV Umbuntu Dharma RC2 is configured with a screen size of 720p and I don't have any other problems with TV or Movies being the wrong resolution.

Is their a setting in XML that I could change to get the resolution right?

Thanks for making this happen, its absolutely brilliant.