Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2011-11-04

Another new update is available. Features include more episode information (Open the plugin, then on the channel of your choice, press the Context Menu and choose "Movie Information"), Automatic Update (You'll need to enable it in the Plugin Settings) and several bug fixes including a rather annoying Script Error that kept popping up.

Grab a copy from here

As usual, post here if you have any issues Smile

- castalla - 2011-11-04

Sorry. Can't register at tvcatchup ...

So, a couple of issues:

I can't see update choice in this version. It was in 1.41 - although it never reported anything.

Also, what do you mean by context menu?

- dj_gerbil - 2011-11-04

Ok, if you haven't already installed 1.4.3 then you need to download the zip file from the link then go to Setting, Add-ons and then do an "Install from Zip". Once you've done that if you look in the plugin settings there is an option called Automatic Update which you can enable. If you don't, it doesn't matter as you'll get a notification message telling you there's an update.

Context Menu is, if you go into the plugin, scroll down to a channel then press the C key on your keyboard it'll bring up the Context Menu. from there if you scroll down to "Movie Information" it will tell you the Duration, Genre and a Synopsis of the current program.

As for not being able to register, I've checked the database (I do TVC Support as well you see) and I've found an account that matches your username on here. If you're having problems accessing that account then email me at [email protected] and I'll try and help you from there Smile

- castalla - 2011-11-04

Cheers. Thanks.

- deanmv - 2011-11-05

dj_gerbil Wrote:Another new update is available. Features include more episode information (Open the plugin, then on the channel of your choice, press the Context Menu and choose "Movie Information"), Automatic Update (You'll need to enable it in the Plugin Settings) and several bug fixes including a rather annoying Script Error that kept popping up.

Grab a copy from here

As usual, post here if you have any issues Smile

There is no "Automatic Update" option on the plug in settings running 1.4.3...

- dj_gerbil - 2011-11-05

Ooops, your right, my bad, I must have got my files messed up. I'll upload a fix now.

Edit: Uploaded fix here. Sorry about that.

- elteluk - 2011-11-07

This plugin was working fine for me a couple of days ago but now I'm getting a script.failed error.

Seems to happen on version 1.4.3 and 1.4.4

Win7 32-bit.

xbmc.log (v1.4.4):
http://pastebin.com/jZFsfuh0

- dj_gerbil - 2011-11-07

That's really weird. Your getting an HTTP 404, page not found error, but it only seems to be on the offline channels. Can you click this link and see if it loads please? That's the link it's trying to follow.

- coleborn - 2011-11-12

Thanks for the update. All working great

- marktuk - 2011-12-26

I still get alot of channels just dropping back to the channel list after a short amount of time, it's been like this ever since the update. While it has improved, the problem still exists.

- dj_gerbil - 2011-12-26

That's usually a sign that your internet may be a bit iffy. Have you tried rebooting your router lately?

- castalla - 2011-12-27

No idea what is happening with Tvcatchup ... 2 issues:

In the Eden beta 1 (win32) it consistently fails to display the channel list - just error in plugin message. If I switch off the Now Playing option then a channel list appears.

If I can get a channel list then Aljazeera video fails but a mangle video stream is played.

Reverting to the nightly build from 10 Dec. fixes issue 1, but not 2.

- dj_gerbil - 2011-12-27

castalla Wrote:No idea what is happening with Tvcatchup ... 2 issues:

In the Eden beta 1 (win32) it consistently fails to display the channel list - just error in plugin message. If I switch off the Now Playing option then a channel list appears.

If I can get a channel list then Aljazeera video fails but a mangle video stream is played.

Reverting to the nightly build from 10 Dec. fixes issue 1, but not 2.

As you say, issue 1 sounds like a problem with the build but I haven't downloaded beta 1 yet I can't confirm what the problem is. Issue 2 , is it just Algezera or other streams too?

- castalla - 2011-12-27

Oops - I meant mangled audio, not video. It's only Aljazeera - in the log there's a line which says unsupported video codec.

- dj_gerbil - 2011-12-27

That sounds like an issue with the stream i'll check and get it sorted.

Edit: just checked the xbmc, mobile, website and iPhone streams and none appear to have an issue. Can you confirm if its still dodgy for you please?