Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- x0149128 - 2012-01-26

Yeah for me it is mainly the BBC channels but seems to be happening more and more.

Occasionally others quit, but its more rare

- rudeboyx - 2012-01-26

To be honest the plugin seems to work fine with XBMC Dharma. However, when useing the Eden Betas, I get random crashes. not often, maybe once a day when using streaming plugins like tvcatchup navi-x or youtube.

I can watch tvcatchup BBC channels with no issue, infact I mostly watch E4 and E4+1, so these are the channels that I whitness crashing, so I think this could very well be an XBMC issue rather than a TVCatchup plugin issue.

RBX

- AMIGAKI1980 - 2012-01-29

This still works and i made this for it a while back im about to delete some old photoshop stuff so didnt know if it was of use to any one. The.psd is saved elsewhere so you can make some changes if you need to just his me up for a copy.

Alt Version

http://plugins.tvcatchup.com/~xbmc/

- dj_gerbil - 2012-02-02

Oooooo, I like that one. Would yu mind if I use it?

- torran1 - 2012-02-06

is anyone else experiencing script failed??

- dj_gerbil - 2012-02-06

Not ATM, no. Can you try again and post your log if it still fails please?

- torran1 - 2012-02-07

dj_gerbil Wrote:Not ATM, no. Can you try again and post your log if it still fails please?

I got it working it was just a problem with channel 5* so i deselected it and it worked..=)

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-07

wish they would up the bitrate on these streams! but the addon works great!

- dj_gerbil - 2012-02-07

torran1 Wrote:I got it working it was just a problem with channel 5* so i deselected it and it worked..=)

Cool, there were some reports of a minor Blackout at about the time you posted so it's possible you got caught up in that too, but at least its working.

krish_2k4 Wrote:wish they would up the bitrate on these streams! but the addon works great!

Rumour has it that HD channels MAY be going live in the not to distant future, but like I said this is just a rumour at the moment.

- torran1 - 2012-02-08

dj_gerbil Wrote:Cool, there were some reports of a minor Blackout at about the time you posted so it's possible you got caught up in that too, but at least its working.

Rumour has it that HD channels MAY be going live in the not to distant future, but like I said this is just a rumour at the moment.

i like that rumour.....Nod

- x0149128 - 2012-02-16

I upgraded to Eden 3 TV catchup is completely unwatchable. Channels quit back to the main TV catchup menu constantly.

Other times, it tells me that one or more of the items failed to play. The odd thing is that behind this message, the video is playing perfectly. As soon as I click on ok to make the message go away, the video stops.

- stammie - 2012-02-16

x0149128 Wrote:I upgraded to Eden 3 TV catchup is completely unwatchable. Channels quit back to the main TV catchup menu constantly.

Other times, it tells me that one or more of the items failed to play. The odd thing is that behind this message, the video is playing perfectly. As soon as I click on ok to make the message go away, the video stops.

Eden beta 3 here too and its working fine.

btw I haven't used this addon for a while, when did tvcatchup add ITV HD? I hope that is a sign of things to come and they add the rest of the Freeview HD channels.

- x0149128 - 2012-02-16

They added it recently. 4 HD was there too but it failed and was removed pretty quckly.

Well TV Catchup is appalling for me.

I'm on a 50mb connection with low pings, and can stream HD content outside of XBMC all day long.

- stammie - 2012-02-16

x0149128 Wrote:Well TV Catchup is appalling for me.

I'm on a 50mb connection with low pings, and can stream HD content outside of XBMC all day long.

What's your system? I'm on a fairly average pc, amd triple core, windows 7 64bit, 4gb ram and a very old radeon hd3450 graphics card, oh and only 30mb connection.
I don't use it often but tvcatchup has never given me any problems (itv hd has been on for the last hour without a hitch).
Others will know more than me but maybe a complete uninstal of xbmc and a clean instal of Eden may work?

- x0149128 - 2012-02-16

Linux Mint 11
C2D E6300
4GB Ram
Intel G45 graphics

The system is my default media centre. XBMC is great for my TV and Video collection, but TV Catchup just isn't playing ball.

I just tested streaming HD via iplayer in Chromium, while at the same time running XBMC with TVCatchup. After a few minutes, TV Catchup stopped, but iplayer carried on without a hitch.

I then tried to launch TVCatchup again. It came up with the error "one or more items failed to play" yet the item was happily playing in the background, behind the error message.

Clicking on the error message to close it, and get it out of the way, stopped the video and dumped me back to the channel list.

Iplayer remained flawless throughout this.