Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - fantaman32 - 2013-01-31

hello peeps,

long time no speak (4 yrs i believe!)

I was randomly back on the forum and was surprised to see this bad boy still going! I don't have a working copy of xbmc these days but hows the plugin going?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Oddsodz - 2013-01-31

It works. I Love it. Not much more I can say apart from the fact it needs some sort of "adverts" system like the Main TvCatchUp.com website so that it can pay for it's self. I Don't want this add-on to stop working due to no funds.

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-31

Glad to see you around again Fantaman, yes its still working. Check out the EPG version we've got now too lol.

As for the adverts, I'm glad you said that as I'm getting pressure to add them as we're being seen as getting a free ride lol. I'm looking into it but I'm trying to make sure its not going to be "in your face". :-)

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - privado - 2013-01-31

What average user would ASK for more adverts, the bane of any tv viewers experience, followed up by a post from the dev implying this will happen. Laughable.

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-01-31

What you have to remember is that its a free service supported by adverts. I personally hate the adverts too, but if we want to keep the access we've got to the service we need to consider it. I've already expressed my reservations and i'm getting full control over how its implemented so i'm going to try and make sure its not "in your face".

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Oddsodz - 2013-02-01

(2013-01-31, 17:19)privado Wrote: What average user would ASK for more adverts, the bane of any tv viewers experience, followed up by a post from the dev implying this will happen. Laughable.

Oh, I Agree , I Know it's mad. But the alternative is that it becomes a "Paid View" add-on. Meaning you would have to pay for it in some way. Better some silly sponsors pay for it than me. I Am just looking out for myself here. I will take a few adverts so long as this add-on keep on rolling. Banner adds on the channel selection page that is dynamic taken from some RSS feed you setup or something. As Long as it don't block the stream or pop up over the stream when you are watching in full screen mode is good as far as I am concerned.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - privado - 2013-02-01

I'm pretty sure being one of only two sites on the internet that are broadcasting live tv, the visitor rate to the website generates a tidy amount. Would love to see those figures.

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-02-01

You say that but what about the bandwidth used and the costs of that?

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - privado - 2013-02-02

I'm sure that would of been the first thing TVC looked at when putting their business plan together, and dealing with the CDN. As i said it's a hardly a cut throat market when there are only two companies, and if you are really are generating a loss then you need to get somebody in asap as this is the future of television and you have had a couple of years start of everyone else.
I'm also interested in why you guys seem to be crippling the xbmc community over standard web users of late, I've got some uk family in the forces who use your setup and they have said that your plugin is vigorously blocking vpns via the xbmc addon, yet it is easily being bypassed using a web browser. Now I am not going into the politics of geo restriction as it is of no interest to me, but it does rankle when you seem to be focusing all your intensions on limiting the community that actually support and promote the product here.....

Re: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-02-05

I'm not saying that they run at a loss, but I also know they don't make a huge profit as most of it is reinvested in equipment and development etc to keep them out in front. As for the Geo-Blocking, I'm also not going to get drawn into a debate about it. All I will say is that the plugin sits on a TVC server and uses the same blocking methods as the website so what's blocked on one should be blocked on the other. Not only that but both UK Copyright Law and the Terms of Service for the site say you must be a UK resident and actually be within the UK borders to use our service. I also know that they were looking into the Armed Services as technically a British Camp is classed as UK soil, but I don't know how far that got.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - privado - 2013-02-05

Ok thanks for the info on the Armed services front, good to know and will pass that on as I know most of those guys have TV licences and are honest tv loving people. . As for the plugin one of the devs on another xbmc site had a peak around the addon and said that a lot of work has been changed since 1.43 making it a lot more difficult to see how the plugin is working and not reporting errors to the xbmc.log which is giving the impression that you guys are making extra effort of blocking xbmc users from the web users. One of the tests he ran was turning on his vpn and successfully loading the channels through the web, then loading up tvc through xbmc for windows and getting a geo restricted error.

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - chrisuk11 - 2013-06-06

strange question, but how do I exit the stream?

I am using XBMC Frodo with ACE skin. I can exit the addon, but its still playing in the back ground..

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-06-06

If you're using a remote, press stop, if you're using a keyboard press x Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - sagheerahmed94 - 2013-06-07

dj-gerbil-i have a question TVCatchup plugins only for uk or i can watch in usa also plz reply me

RE: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - dj_gerbil - 2013-06-07

Sorry UK only I'm afraid, and they actively block VPN's and Proxys.