Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] TVCatchup.com (Video) Plugin - Live Stream UK Freeview Channels (/showthread.php?tid=51575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

- dj_gerbil - 2009-07-22

whufclee Wrote:Has anyone managed to get the newer versions working on xbox? The old one where you had to manually put username and password in default.py worked for me but since that changed and you now have to enter the info in plugin settings it doesn't seem to work. I enter the information but as soon as you go to the next page and try to choose a channel it just comes up with a dialog box saying I need to create a free account. My account seems to work fine on the PC, any ideas?

It sounds to me like it can't write to the file as its write protected. The problem is that I'm no expert on the xbox, in fact I don't own one Confused What I'd suggest as a temp fix if you fancy editing the python script is scroll down to the bit that says "def check_settings" and change the uname= and pwd= to your username and password. Hope that helps.

- marlboroman1 - 2009-07-22

I'm using the xbox and have never had any problems with the user name password. Did you overwrite the old pluginHuh There shouldn't be any permission's issues a fresh install of the plugin may help. Other than that i have no idea what could be causing this behaviour.

- whufclee - 2009-07-22

marlboroman1 Wrote:I'm using the xbox and have never had any problems with the user name password. Did you overwrite the old pluginHuh There shouldn't be any permission's issues a fresh install of the plugin may help. Other than that i have no idea what could be causing this behaviour.

Yeah it's odd alright, I'll try another complete re-install but have already tried deleting the old one and replacing with new to no avail. If all else fails I'll try dj_gerbils fix in the default.py

Thanks for your quick responses people.

- Restless - 2009-07-23

same thing happens to me. It comes with asking for username and password and then shows chanells. When i press a chanell it asks for username and password again, then comes up with python error message.
tried editing the .py file but all that happens is the python error message and doesnt show the chanells. Unless i am doing something wrong when editing the .py file

looking forward to this script Smile thanks
rob

- dj_gerbil - 2009-07-23

Restless Wrote:same thing happens to me. It comes with asking for username and password and then shows chanells. When i press a chanell it asks for username and password again, then comes up with python error message.
tried editing the .py file but all that happens is the python error message and doesnt show the chanells. Unless i am doing something wrong when editing the .py file

looking forward to this script Smile thanks
rob

Sorry, My mistake. The bit you need to edit is at the bottom of the script and looks like this:
Quote:check_settings()
uname = xbmcplugin.getSetting('uname')
pwd = xbmcplugin.getSetting('pwd')

and you need to change it to this:
Quote:#check_settings()
uname = 'your username'
pwd = 'your password'

That should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

- Restless - 2009-07-23

thanks!!! that works a treat

you dudes are geniuses Big Grin

- whufclee - 2009-07-24

Thanks guys editing the default.py worked a treat with the xbox, great plugin - good work fella.

- blackadaberry - 2009-07-24

Is it possible to force the script to skip a level so u can just click on the channel and get it to play.

i'll do it myself if i can get a few pointers

- dj_gerbil - 2009-07-24

blackadaberry Wrote:Is it possible to force the script to skip a level so u can just click on the channel and get it to play.

i'll do it myself if i can get a few pointers

It may be posible, the only problem is that altough the now and next isn't working at the moment, it's how the information is displayed. However, as you're the second person to ask, I'll have a look later and see what I can do.

- snapuswipe - 2009-08-07

The plugin seems to be broken Sad (I guess because of the new channels)

- dj_gerbil - 2009-08-07

The web pages have all changed, I'm working on a fix at the moment but its slow going. I'll let you know when its done.

- madman46 - 2009-08-08

Hi. i got banned from TVC for a month or 2 about 5 months ago and am still banned i've tried email them but got no replys back. could use please remove my bann.

- dj_gerbil - 2009-08-08

madman46 Wrote:Hi. i got banned from TVC for a month or 2 about 5 months ago and am still banned i've tried email them but got no replys back. could use please remove my bann.
It depends on why you got banned in the first place, but I will ask. Can you PM me your TVC username so I can look into it.

- TVC_Colwal - 2009-08-08

madman46 Wrote:Hi. i got banned from TVC for a month or 2 about 5 months ago and am still banned i've tried email them but got no replys back. could use please remove my bann.

madman46, I have replied to your email and you should have got a response, please check your emails.
If not then send me a email to [email protected] and I will sort it for you.

- Geeba - 2009-09-15

This is a dam fine website! doesnt seem to work anymore on XBMC thou?