Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project (/showthread.php?tid=51596)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-04-17

Livin,

I looked at what you are requesting and it would basically mean executing a small php script on a button click. The php script would have to open a network socket, write the bytes, then close the socket.

I am very, very hesitant to add this functionality until I can test this out on a system of my own. A much better solution is to get a web remote that controls most of your receivers functions and also monitors the return information from the receiver.

I looked around for a decent web remote for the Onkyo receiver and see only a few that are decent. Search in AVSForums for "Onkyo ISCP network". There are two or three threads with some decent solutions.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-17, 20:43)Kabooga Wrote: Livin,

I looked at what you are requesting and it would basically mean executing a small php script on a button click. The php script would have to open a network socket, write the bytes, then close the socket.

I am very, very hesitant to add this functionality until I can test this out on a system of my own. A much better solution is to get a web remote that controls most of your receivers functions and also monitors the return information from the receiver.

I looked around for a decent web remote for the Onkyo receiver and see only a few that are decent. Search in AVSForums for "Onkyo ISCP network". There are two or three threads with some decent solutions.

I was thinking we'd keep the code in your web app as simple as possible... thus the heavy lifting would be done by a 3rd party automation app (Homeseer, EventGhost, etc). In this case, your app only needs to provide 2 real functions...
1) fire off a URL. url can be defined based on INI/XML/etc
2) show the button based on state... this can also be defined in some manor in the XML/INI/etc. for instance, I could easily have EventGhost update a file called ButtonStates.txt

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-04-18

Ahhh....Doh!

Now I understand what you are saying.

Let me research EventGhost some (to get my head around what you are suggesting).

Regards,
Kabooga.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-04-20

Livin,

In the github https://github.com/mthiels/webinterface.xrc/ I have added the capability to send a 'user-defined' command to a specified url.

Added a 'User Defined' form to enter ipAddress, port, and command. The form is accessed by the new button next to the GUI remote button (The button with the network pic). There is a JSON file with the defaults used. It is js/settings.json.

Tested this with EventGhost and can see the command picked up by EventGhost's webserver and an event generated.

You can either get the code from github or download it as a ZIP file (look for the ZIP button). If you download as a ZIP just treat it as other XBMControl ZIP files.

Try this out and see if it fits your needs.

Enjoy,
Kabooga

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-05-02

*update*

Kabooga,
I installed the UI. At first I could not get it working - it seems the first post is outdated.

but now it is working, though the user-defined command is not.

I have tried...

192.168.2.11 and localhost
/index.html?wmc.load

both throw an error... remoteFailure failure t:0

btw: EventGhost is on the same box, and that command works fine, I use it frequently from Maraschino

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-05-02

Livin,

I think what you are seeing is the browser is stopping the user-defined command from being sent since it would be sending the request across two different domains (webservers). This is generally blocked by the browser when javascript is being used.

Interestingly using Microsoft Visual Studio Express I use to develop the javascript will let you do this if the starting webserver is on localhost.

For my home control system I use chrome with security turned off (That instance of chrome is only used to communicate with webservers in my network, NOT the internet). Here's the command I use
Quote:chrome.exe --disable-web-security

This should enable you to send 'User-Defined' commands.
Note: Do NOT use a browser to surf the internet with security turned off, or degraded. Bad things may happen.

Regards,
Kabooga

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-05-05

Kabooga,
I use Firefox 21 & IE10 on the PC I was testing on. I can send that exact command (and others) perfectly from the address lines on both, and as links inside the Maraschino UI. Definitely not a problem with browser settings.

Also... I get a ton of failures/object errors whe selecting anything from the Client or Select Screen drop-downs

Also #2... are you considering making the UI more touch frieldly? I think you have the best 'jukebox' style UI for XBMC and it would work well for touchscreens with some minor UI mods - like: larger text/buttons, direct access / inline buttons on the items (play, queue, etc).

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-05-06

Quote:I use Firefox 21 & IE10 on the PC I was testing on. I can send that exact command (and others) perfectly from the address lines on both, and as links inside the Maraschino UI. Definitely not a problem with browser settings.

Also... I get a ton of failures/object errors whe selecting anything from the Client or Select Screen drop-downs
The issue is not the browser but the security limitation imposed upon Javascript itself (which XBMControl is written in).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same_origin_policy
As a test case please try running chrome in the mode suggested in my previous post. If it works then the issue is the security restrictions in javascript.

Quote:Also #2... are you considering making the UI more touch frieldly? I think you have the best 'jukebox' style UI for XBMC and it would work well for touchscreens with some minor UI mods - like: larger text/buttons, direct access / inline buttons on the items (play, queue, etc).
I have thought about it, but the biggest issue for me is time. In reality I only have enough time to maintain (and slightly expand) what I already have.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - brantje - 2013-05-07

(2013-05-06, 14:06)Kabooga Wrote:
Quote:I use Firefox 21 & IE10 on the PC I was testing on. I can send that exact command (and others) perfectly from the address lines on both, and as links inside the Maraschino UI. Definitely not a problem with browser settings.

The issue is not the browser but the security limitation imposed upon Javascript itself (which XBMControl is written in).
As a test case please try running chrome in the mode suggested in my previous post. If it works then the issue is the security restrictions in javascript.

Quote:Also #2... are you considering making the UI more touch frieldly? I think you have the best 'jukebox' style UI for XBMC and it would work well for touchscreens with some minor UI mods - like: larger text/buttons, direct access / inline buttons on the items (play, queue, etc).
I have thought about it, but the biggest issue for me is time. In reality I only have enough time to maintain (and slightly expand) what I already have.
Well, if you learn me abit how the core works then maybe i can help.
Today i found an old xbmc webinterface for touch, but the api was broken so i updated it.
And still, its nothing compared to your interface.

1 problem: Drag and drop, how ya gonna do that... on a tablet / phone

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-06, 14:06)Kabooga Wrote: The issue is not the browser but the security limitation imposed upon Javascript itself (which XBMControl is written in).

Yes, Chrome worked when security is disabled... but this is not a solution, it just shows that we need to find a better way to do it Smile Can you see how Maraschino does it since it works perfectly with Maraschino in all browsers, without disabling security?

(2013-05-07, 22:17)brantje Wrote: 1 problem: Drag and drop, how ya gonna do that... on a tablet / phone

sliding (to the right in this case) and/or adding buttons to each line (less elegant) like Maraschino does for mouse hovers.

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - brantje - 2013-05-08

(2013-05-08, 07:36)Livin Wrote:
(2013-05-06, 14:06)Kabooga Wrote: The issue is not the browser but the security limitation imposed upon Javascript itself (which XBMControl is written in).

Yes, Chrome worked when security is disabled... but this is not a solution, it just shows that we need to find a better way to do it Smile Can you see how Maraschino does it since it works perfectly with Maraschino in all browsers, without disabling security?

(2013-05-07, 22:17)brantje Wrote: 1 problem: Drag and drop, how ya gonna do that... on a tablet / phone

sliding (to the right in this case) and/or adding buttons to each line (less elegant) like Maraschino does for mouse hovers.
Maraschino has its own backend, and therefore not restricted to the javascript limits, since the Maraschino server calls the urls, not the browser.

Don't know if kabooga uses jquery if that's the case: http://touchpunch.furf.com/

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-06-04

Kabooga
you still around?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Kabooga - 2013-06-21

Yep. I am still alive and kicking Big Grin

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-07-03

any new updates coming for the UI?

RE: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Livin - 2013-08-04

Kabooga,
Are you planning to continue development soon?