Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project (/showthread.php?tid=51596)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Kabooga - 2010-01-14

Fire69. What's a cue-file? Could you explain? Nerd

- Kabooga - 2010-01-15

Uploaded new layout. This is a cleaner interface.

The Files and Library (both Music and Video) are a different window now. Also added a 'Shuffle' button.

Enjoy,

Kabooga

- Fire69 - 2010-01-15

Kabooga Wrote:Fire69. What's a cue-file? Could you explain? Nerd

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet_(computing)

This is used with mix-cd's, so you have 1 large mp3 and the cue-file describes the songs in it.
XBMC recognizes these files and adds the seperate songs to the Library.

It would be nice if you could drag these files to the playlist and get the separate songs. Cool

- Fire69 - 2010-01-15

Kabooga Wrote:Uploaded new layout. This is a cleaner interface.

The Files and Library (both Music and Video) are a different window now. Also added a 'Shuffle' button.

Enjoy,

Kabooga

Nice, I like it! Nod

One thing though.
When you are in Music, you can not click Files or Library for Video. You first have to click on Video, and then on Files or Library.
Vice versa for Video. You first have to click the Music-title and after that Files or Library.
That's kind of annoying. Rofl

[edit]
I don't know what else you changed except for the layout, but my problems seem to have vanished!!
Music Library is now working very nice! I get all my genres, and the interface is very responsive!!! Nod Cool

In Musc Files, I still get the 2 popups about the slow script running, but I guess that's just because the xbox send the data too slow or something like that.
It does have to send a folder-list for about 1000 CD's, so maybe that's the problem.
But I don't care at all, my Library is working!!! Super!!!!

- rudeboyx - 2010-01-19

using the latest version i get more genres listed than are actually in my library. this never used to happen with the last version.

In XBMC the genres listed are

Dance
Funk
Hip Hop
Pop
Reggae
Rock

however XBMControl also displays

Blues
Electronica
Folk
Pop/Rock
R&B
Rap

which dont appear in my library anywhere and if i select them no artists/albums are listed. Any ideas?

PS. nice work with the new layout.

- rudeboyx - 2010-01-19

iv figured it out. xbmc downloads artist info including genres for the artists. XBMControl picks these up aswell as the mp.3 tag data, however xbmc itself dosent include this info in your genre section of the library, just in the artist info screen. anychance theres another genre scraping command which bypasses the artist info data when searching for genres. it would also increase load time of the library data/webpage.

- salvation - 2010-01-19

It seems to me you've made a nice add-on for xbmc. But I don't get the first page, I get a timeout.

I've the current XMBC Live stable version. Can someone help me further?

- Kabooga - 2010-01-19

salvation,
I am working to get this to work on Live. I hope to have it working in about a week.

Regards,

Kabooga

- salvation - 2010-01-19

ok, thanks!

- affenkopp - 2010-01-21

i just wanted to leave the message that i love the new interface! Nod

- rudeboyx - 2010-01-23

album art seem to be glitchy for me using the latest version of XBMControl and the latest SVN build of XBMC for the xbox. im using M$ iexplorer 8

sometimes I just get a little red cross instead of the album art displayed. and some times it works fine.

this maybe a xbmc specific bug and not related to your webui

- psybertech - 2010-01-31

First off, great, clean looking interface. I definitely like it!

I have a request, if at all possible.

I have tried myself, but failed, modifying other web interfaces, so I am hoping for some pity and help from someone like yourself.

I would like to see the web interface support the httpapi FileDownload feature if at all possible.

When browsing the web interface, I would like to have another option in addition to adding to the queue and playback that allows a user to download the selected file to their computer in its original form.

I don't know if it is possible if the file doesn't exist on the XBMC itself. The example in the API shows a local file but doesn't mention any limitations.

My XBMC doesn't store files, they are on SMB shares so if the API doesn't support it, then I guess the answer is simple.

Anyway... again, great work and I hope you can consider this as a new possible feature.

Cheers

- madman420 - 2010-02-01

Hello i love the project. i have been looking and testing other software just like it and this one is the best. Its a shame there is not a dedicated software for jukebox style interface. I have a HTPC that is hooked up to a projector and do not alway want to turn it on just to play music. All of my music is on my HTPC and it is hooked up to the stereo so this allows me to play music with out turning on the PJ. Thanks

One problem is that when the playlist window fills up and has a scroll option it will not allow anymore files to be added. the cursor gets stuck with the green plus and i cant seem to add anymore music. if i clear the playlist i can then add more but as soon as it reaches the bottom and the scroll bars come on it wont let me add anymore.
I am using 9.11 and 1.36. and firefox (whats Internet explorer?, i thought that died like 15 years ago? people still use it? so unsafe. like going to the red light district with out a condom. or racing the LeMans with a ford torus. virus-galore) let me know what you think or if you need logs ect.

thanks again.
Madman420

Edit:
just tested it in firefox under an IE tab and it seems to work better. just a little lag then it adds the files.

- Kabooga - 2010-02-03

madman420,

Thanks for the input. Looks like some test code I put in is getting in the way. I'll have it fixed in the next release.

Note: If you drag your selection near the top of the playlist window and release it should work.

psybertech,

I'm sorry but I've tried some file transfer functionality for playlists and it was a major pain in the rear.

- Johnsel - 2010-02-04

Kabooga Wrote:madman420,

psybertech,

I'm sorry but I've tried some file transfer functionality for playlists and it was a major pain in the rear.

Download from XBMC to user pc? What kind of pains? I might be able to help out here... let me know if you're interested