Kodi Community Forum
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching (/showthread.php?tid=51614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

- xexe - 2010-10-16

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

tells you how to get log files.

Getting a list of raw filenames from your OS is OS dependent. What OS can you access you files with to make this list?

- anub1s - 2010-10-16

windows 7, but i guess i could try to get a ubuntu disk and attempt to boot up linux if thats more helpfull

nvm found a way, link coming up.

http://pastebin.com/utjKMdin

- xexe - 2010-10-16

Got both files. Leave it with me and let me see what I can do.

Edit: excellent log. Found a bug in anime regex its not being greedy enough. Will fix
Edit: a new version will come but if you want a quick fix change

(?i)()[\. _-](\d){1,2}[\. _-v].*\[[\da-z]{8}\]

to

(?i)()[\. _-](\d{1,3})[\. _-v].*\[[\da-z]{8}\]

- anub1s - 2010-10-17

i tried the quick fix and it worked... somewhat.

where i first had about 25-30 shows with episodes detected i now have only 6, however where perhaps 1 or 2 of those 25-30 shows had correct episode naming now all have correct naming.

- xexe - 2010-10-17

if anything it should match more not less.

give me an example of an ep name that did match and doesn't now

Edit: I have a hangover but:

(?i)()(?:[\. _-]|ep)(\d{1,3})[\. _-v].*[[({][\da-z]{8}[])}]

this is about the limit I will be taking this single regex.

It matches almost all of the anime names i have been given the have CRCs. Remember I am only dealing with CRC name files this now.

- xexe - 2010-10-17

OK here is my final anime regex to replace the existing one for today

<regexp>(?i)()(?:[\. _-]|ep)(\d{1,3})[\. _-v].*[[({][\da-z]{8}[])}]</regexp>

Caveats:

will not work if you dont have anime CRC at end of name e.g. [34C2DCA4].mkv
will not handle two part naming
will have the odd false positive but it is rare. based on current testing data false positive rate is about 0.05%

I likely wont be adding support for anime with no CRC. The reason being as soon as you move away from this scheme you quickly get into a huge variety of nonsense inconsistent naming. However you can always try putting the missed eps in a "Season 1" folder. This will likely grab a good few more.

I will add more anime regex if i see naming unique to anime, I cant have a case that anime regex creates normal tv false positives as thats will effect the majority.

Alternatively use an anime CRC tagger to tag you filenames with the CRC. This is probably the best route to try first

- anub1s - 2010-10-17

thanks a lot Big Grin

with the latest one it's finding a whole lot of episodes, wasnt succesfull in finding a CRC tagger but i found filebot which can mass rename series to names found on anidb or TVDB.

it cant match that many series from my collection but it could find dragon ball for example which is already quite helpfull http://filebot.sourceforge.net/.

it's finding a whole whole lot it's still updating Tongue

edit : 69 of the 153 found anime shows have eps Big Grin major improvement Big Grin

- xexe - 2010-10-17

Find a tool to do proper CRC additions to the filename and that % will go way up

- anub1s - 2010-10-17

i just found a way to find the CRC's for episodes via anidb, but if i would name the episodes with only the CRC code's would that also work?

like (1DE7AFB0).mkv or 1DE7AFB0.mkv for example.

Edit : and another question... not realy related to finding episodes...

i have 2 shows
Shikabane Hime - Aka
Shikabane Hime - Kuro

Shikabane Hime - Aka is getting recognized but Kuro dsnt even show up after i scrape the folders, both have the same folder name format and the episode's are also named in the same way.
do u perhaps know why 1 show is getting detected and the other is not?

ow nvm i noticed kuro isnt on the TVDB site.

- xexe - 2010-10-17

No i dont think so.

I have no clue how XBMCs anidb scraper works but you dont want that anyway

The key for this regex is that I am requiring that a CRC be there so that the regex knows it is anime.

I uses the CRC for no other reason.

If i ignore the CRC and allow anime regex to work on any tv ep it will cause lots of false positives for most users and I cant allow that to happen.

In essence since anime naming is mostly crap we are trying to do our best with it no more no less.

- wookietv - 2010-10-24

hi,

i'm wondering if i can get assistance with my situation.
my pastebin is here
http://pastebin.com/aakH01pN

as you can see in the log, it is calling out your regex, but the end result is not pulling in any tv show episodes (you may see in the log that i deleted some of the commenting out from your regex... i didn't narrow it down, but there was a comment that was giving me an error somewhere. something about a tag on line 69. after deleting some of the comments, it read the file. all of the "useful" portions of the file were left alone, i only deleted comments)

i use a dvd folder structure on my home server as such:
\\SERVER\Videos\TV Shows\Series Name\Season #\Episode # - Episode Name\VIDEO_TS\vob & ifo files here
for example:
\\SERVER\Videos\TV Shows\Wire\Season 1\01 - The Target\VIDEO_TS\
\\SERVER\Videos\TV Shows\The I.T. Crowd\Season 1\01 - Yesterday's Jam\VIDEO_TS\

it seems like it reads up to the series name and then stops (when i go into the tv shows section in xbmc, i see all the show titles, but there's 0 episodes in each one)

this worked before in an older version of xbmc, but since i upgraded to this 10.0 beta 2 it has not. (i used your regex in the older version)

any assistance would be appreciated, thanks for your help

edit: nevermind, i was able to figure it out. it actually required a reboot and then updating library to get it to take... that should be worked on, if xbmc developers happen to see this. why does it take a reboot to get the library to update?

- xexe - 2010-10-26

If you alter as.xml you need to reboot to have it take effect. however since it was loaded in your log file that should by definition mean it is loaded.

I cant explain further its a mystery.

as a general support note when someone posts a log file one of the first tings i do i copy and paste the as.xml and compare to mine looking for glitches. If its been edited I immediately lose interest and stop looking. TO many times in IRC PM I have wasted time when someone guesses at regex changes and then fails to tell me they removed a few dots etc. Tongue

- valvet - 2010-10-27

Hi there

I'm having some problems getting the episodes of "Jail" matched.

Here is my structure: http://pastebin.ca/1974070

I don't really see why it wouldn't return any information on the episodes, as the directory name of each episode follow the scene standards and they're just like for example "How I met your mother", unless there simply aren't any information to be retrieved? How can I see this?

The problem is, I cannot see the files under TV shows unless some information is retrieved about each episode.. I'd settle for being able to play the episodes, without any information on them - but nothing is showing up as written above.

Thanks for any help :-)

- xexe - 2010-10-27

There is no season 3 of this show on tvdb.

If you want more help that isnt me just wildly guessing see the OP for stuff i need.

- xexe - 2010-10-30

Beta 4 is out and for us it contains one subtle bug fix.

In beta 3 RAR scanning was changed from URL encoded to pain text however the logs still showed the URL encoded path. This was a bit of a pain.

What this means is that you no longer need to cater for URL encoded paths with rars. This opens up a lot of opportunities for us and I will be releasing a new REGEX with the URL encoded RAR stuff removed soon.

Since i don't have or use rars I will need good feedback if you peeps actually want this to work properly again.

What is good feedback? See OP for the info i need which is primarily a compete log file.

Please please dont post hand written anything... i NEED NEED logs.