Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- apanloco - 2009-09-17

There is something weird going on when scheduling a recording over the web interface (version 2.5):

I go to the upcoming program listing (don't remember exact name), and click a program and select Record. It looks good and the program is marked in another color. If I now refresh the page with F5, the program is not marked anymore and I can again click the program and select Record. This goes on forever.

I haven't found a way to submit bugs on the tvheadend homepage, so I posted here.

Also it segfaults quite often, but a "while true" works well. If there is interest in catching version 2.5 bugs I could run a gdb trace (Hauppage Nova-T 500, Ubuntu 9.04).

Cheers

- gargleb - 2009-09-20

Thanks to andoma for a superb bit of software. I've had live tv working for a few months now. And most everyting work out of the box.

However, I'm using and xmltv grabber (tv_grab_ua) that returns start and stop times in what appears to be localtime with a (+3 hour) timezone offset.

Code:
<programme start="20090920231500 +0300" stop="20090921010500 +0300" channel="inter-plus">...

When these get imported by tvheadend into the EPG it shows the start and end times without correcting for the offset. In my case they appear two hours out. (I'm in BST which is GMT+1).

Is it the xmltv feed that is wrong or is tvheadend misinterpreting (ignoring) the offsets?

Is anybody else having success with this type of xmltv data?

- megacrypto - 2009-09-21

Im testing the Code Word Client for my local card and it keeps giving me "Access Denied" .. it buffers for like a couple of seconds and then access denied, and keeps going back and forth between these two status ??

I know that my card is working, because i have a dreambox that is reading from it, so what could be the problem?

- Robgue - 2009-09-21

I couldn't find any info. Does tvheadend support the hd homerun?

- drivesoslow - 2009-09-25

Robgue Wrote:I couldn't find any info. Does tvheadend support the hd homerun?

I would love to see hdhomerun support

HDHomerun support - LittleBear1981 - 2009-09-26

drivesoslow Wrote:I would love to see hdhomerun support

GoTo:
http://www.mythtv.co.nz/mythtv/2009/03/29/hdhomerun-review-part-2/

Add the Stream files as a source in XBMC.

Also: http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HDHomeRun
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDHomeRun

- trojanfoe - 2009-09-26

jeepcook Wrote:(snipped)

Jul 28 15:45:58 htsp: 192.168.1.75: Welcomed client software: XBMC Media Center
Jul 28 15:47:28 htsp: 192.168.1.75 [ XBMC Media Center ]: Disconnected

So the connection take more than 30 seconds.

(snipped)

Was this issue ever resolved? I am getting this with XBMC and tvheadend, both using the svn as of today. Both are running on the same machine, and tvheadend looks to be working fine (sees channels etc.).

Any help on this would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Andy

- andoma - 2009-09-26

gargleb Wrote:Thanks to andoma for a superb bit of software. I've had live tv working for a few months now. And most everyting work out of the box.

However, I'm using and xmltv grabber (tv_grab_ua) that returns start and stop times in what appears to be localtime with a (+3 hour) timezone offset.

Code:
<programme start="20090920231500 +0300" stop="20090921010500 +0300" channel="inter-plus">...

When these get imported by tvheadend into the EPG it shows the start and end times without correcting for the offset. In my case they appear two hours out. (I'm in BST which is GMT+1).

Is it the xmltv feed that is wrong or is tvheadend misinterpreting (ignoring) the offsets?

Is anybody else having success with this type of xmltv data?

Apparently, tvheadend does not support the +#### notation for timezones.

I'll try to fix this for the next release.

- jeepcook - 2009-09-27

trojanfoe Wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am getting this with XBMC and tvheadend, both using the svn as of today. Both are running on the same machine, and tvheadend looks to be working fine (sees channels etc.).

Any help on this would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Andy

Yes solved for me, It seems I just forgot to add a line in the access control tab. Now this issue has disappeared. But I have others ....

Regards

- trojanfoe - 2009-09-27

jeepcook Wrote:Yes solved for me, It seems I just forgot to add a line in the access control tab. Now this issue has disappeared. But I have others ....

Regards

Ah, so I need to use the syntax htsp://username:[email protected]:9982 ?

- jeepcook - 2009-09-27

trojanfoe Wrote:Ah, so I need to use the syntax htsp://username:[email protected]:9982 ?

No, in my access control tab I enabled one line with the following:
user: *
pass: *
prefix: 0.0.0.0/0
streaming, video recorder, web interface, admin: enabled

With this full opened configuration you don't have to specify a user/pass so the connection is ok with htsp://serverip:9982

Regards

- ukasz - 2009-09-27

i am experiencing a video witch is not deinterlaced. do you have the same problem ? i know it is xbmc issue. i have amd sempron le-1100 1900mhz. videos from samba or local drive works perfectly. from tvheadend total cpu rises to 30% and video is dropping frame every second. on my laptop core2duo i don't have this issue.

- moontan77 - 2009-09-28

can anyone tell me if this can connect to a cccam server?

- jeepcook - 2009-09-28

moontan77 Wrote:can anyone tell me if this can connect to a cccam server?

No .. but you can use a newcs client.

- megacrypto - 2009-10-02

megacrypto Wrote:Im testing the Code Word Client for my local card and it keeps giving me "Access Denied" .. it buffers for like a couple of seconds and then access denied, and keeps going back and forth between these two status ??

I know that my card is working, because i have a dreambox that is reading from it, so what could be the problem?

did anyone else experience something like that?