Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- ukasz - 2009-10-02

try other version of newcamd server

- jeepcook - 2009-10-03

megacrypto Wrote:did anyone else experience something like that?

Same problem for me with a 2.6 viaccess card .. no problem with a 3.0.
Tried a lot of version of newcs ... nothing work with this card !

- moontan77 - 2009-10-03

jeepcook Wrote:No .. but you can use a newcs client.

thanks for the reply, running a cccam sever at home so was hoping i would be able to connect to it with tvheadend

- gekaare - 2009-10-05

Will tvheadend be able to connect to my opensasc-ng virtual dvb-s2 card?

- tomu54 - 2009-10-08

It is very good program. But how to receive not only free channels. I know. Card server. But little how-to . For guiltless . Thanks

- mezza - 2009-10-10

Excellent stuff - very easy to get going and use!

Out of interest, is there any way of finding out progress on integration with XBMC and TV Headend. I'm interested when a few features will be enabled such as recording/scheduling TV programs within XBMC and picture in picture etc..

Also - is there currently a way to use TV Headend (without XBMC) that will let you record/schedule tv programs directly within the program ? (i.e. an alternate method to scheduling recordings via HTTP)

Thanks in advance.

- Razor_109 - 2009-10-11

mezza Wrote:Excellent stuff - very easy to get going and use!

Out of interest, is there any way of finding out progress on integration with XBMC and TV Headend. I'm interested when a few features will be enabled such as recording/scheduling TV programs within XBMC and picture in picture etc..

Also - is there currently a way to use TV Headend (without XBMC) that will let you record/schedule tv programs directly within the program ? (i.e. an alternate method to scheduling recordings via HTTP)

Thanks in advance.

Try the Web-Interface? You can schedule/record

- moontan77 - 2009-10-11

jeepcook Wrote:No .. but you can use a newcs client.

if i want to use a dreambox as a server, do you know emu i would need to run on the dreambox so that tvheadend could connect as a client?

- jeepcook - 2009-10-12

moontan77 Wrote:if i want to use a dreambox as a server, do you know emu i would need to run on the dreambox so that tvheadend could connect as a client?

newcs !!

- moontan77 - 2009-10-12

jeepcook Wrote:newcs !!

sorry thought newcs was a card reader only

- Kjetil N - 2009-10-17

Strange that this does not support CCcam.. Is support for CCcam planned? It's been a while since I've used newcs. Must be some kind of workaround for this??

I'm using a dm800 now together with a htpc with xbmc. The dm800 sucks big time. So it would be great to throw away the dm8000 and use xbmc for live tv as well. But it is not going to happen if I cant connect to the CCcam server.

- tomu54 - 2009-10-19

Andoma please. Add support for CCcam server !!!!!

- hercule - 2009-10-19

hello,

yes tvheadend is very nice and fast to use with xbmc.

cccam protocol is very appreciate for me too.

thanks
a+

- moontan77 - 2009-10-19

yep cccam support would be great as I have read that newcs will not be updated anymore

I have ubuntu installed but have the pc booting straight into xbmc and tvheadend is running in the background. But once i start streaming channels with tvheadend I'm unable to put the pc to sleep or shutdown (when i'm finished streaming). It looks like its going to shutdown but just stalls with a black screen a like an underscore character in the top left hand corner.

- ukasz - 2009-10-21

when tuning into channel with ac3 audio i have failed to initialize audio device. i have configured xbmc to use digital output. xbmc svn rev 23758.

do you have the same problem ?