Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

opensasc-ng - gekaare - 2009-10-21

k, I've been trying to get tvheadend to work with cccam by using opensasc-ng. After a tip i got, i start tvheadend with -a 1 to choose adapter1 (using svn version). So far I've managed to get tvheadend to do initial scan, but I can not get it to map the channels. I don't think the initial scan really works either. Anyone else getting this to work? Or maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong?

- TRON NZ - 2009-10-22

Is anyone having trouble accessing the http://www.lonelycoder.com site? For the last three days I have been trying to install Tvheadend but the site keeps timing out so I cannot even begin to install the package Sad

- jim3cantos - 2009-10-22

trojanfoe Wrote:Was this issue ever resolved? I am getting this with XBMC and tvheadend, both using the svn as of today. Both are running on the same machine, and tvheadend looks to be working fine (sees channels etc.).

Any help on this would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Andy

Look at workaround in post #54. May be it works for you as it did for me.

- jstew - 2009-10-23

gekaare Wrote:k, I've been trying to get tvheadend to work with cccam by using opensasc-ng. After a tip i got, i start tvheadend with -a 1 to choose adapter1 (using svn version). So far I've managed to get tvheadend to do initial scan, but I can not get it to map the channels. I don't think the initial scan really works either. Anyone else getting this to work? Or maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong?

What satellites are you scanning?

- gekaare - 2009-10-24

Scanning Thor and Sirius

- moontan77 - 2009-10-24

has anyone managed to get cccam working with this?

- znoopy - 2009-10-25

have a small question, is there a way to fix my own channel order ? right now all channels is a total mess, tried to google but no luck....

- tmpdir - 2009-10-30

moontan77 Wrote:has anyone managed to get cccam working with this?

Have a look at Sasc-ng, this handles the softcam part and makes a virtual DVB device available for your client e.g. tvheadend.

This should work with any DVB client you like. I prever VDR, so not tested with tvheadend.

- splinux - 2009-10-30

Hello,

I did install tvheadend from svn. In a very short time I was able to have some channels inside xbmc and thats a good thing. But now I am stuck on 2 problems.
The first one, is that I try to have the CWC to run, but without success.
I have a newcs server running with an official card in a phoenix reader. Its working well with vdr. I did configure the client in the webgui.
When I restart tvheadend, I can see that its making connection with the newcs server and that it finds a card with 2 providers. I also see an error from CWCserver error connecting to camd.socket: no such file or directory.
I can see any changes in the mapped services to channels, what lets me suppose that there is no descrambling working.

EDIT : this is solved, I forgot to choose the staconf when adding satellites. My second problem is that I only see Astra and not hotbird, probably because I did'nt configure disecq correctly, but I have no idea how to achieve that (is that in "satellite config" ? how ?)

thanks for your help

sp

- moontan77 - 2009-10-31

tmpdir Wrote:Have a look at Sasc-ng, this handles the softcam part and makes a virtual DVB device available for your client e.g. tvheadend.

This should work with any DVB client you like. I prever VDR, so not tested with tvheadend.

thanks for the info. I'm a linux novice so wouldnt know where to start as most guides seem to for people using vdr or mythtv.

- splinux - 2009-11-04

Code:
Hello,

I did configure the client in the webgui.
When I restart tvheadend, I can see that its making connection with the newcs server and that it finds a card with 2 providers. I also see an error from CWCserver error connecting to camd.socket: no such file or directory.

I am still struggling with that. I tried several times, also with oscam instead of newcs. Sometimes, scrambled services are mapped to channel, but when I tune to it, or it doens'nt work at all, or I have image but with glitches.
Can someone tell me if it related to the error mentioned above (what does it mean Huh), my cardserver configuration, or a bug in tvheadend Huh
I also try to post question on the IRC channel, but no answerSad

I also tried to install sasc-ng. It creates an adapter2. When I start tvheadend with -a 2, I can't see any errors. When I try to add a satellite via the webgui, I have no errors, but it does'nt scan.
When I start tvheadend without parameters, it finds my 2 physical adapters, and then give an error about adapter2 (virtual) that connection to frontend0 a not permitted operation is. Owner and group of adapter2/frontend0 is root:video what is the same as the physical adapters.

I really want to use tvheadend, but without help, I am afraid I won't achieve it.

Thanks for your help,

sp

- splinux - 2009-11-04

@moontan77 : I used following links to help me install sasc-ng :

http://dolot.kipdola.com/wiki/Install_SASC-NG
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/sascng/wiki/SascIndex

and a topic on dvbn that says that sasc-ng is now included in vdr-sc (I did downloaded from there)

sp

DVB-T - no transponder - jbernardo - 2009-11-07

Hi,
I just installed tvheadhend on my karmic xbmc machine. I managed to scan most muxes on my DVB-T, but now when I try to watch channels in xbmc I always get an error, and on the web interface the following message:
"No transponder available for subscription "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]"".

Should I build the SVN version? Am I doing some error in configuration?
Thanks!

- Gujs - 2009-11-09

Hi,

I also have a problem with tv headend and sasc-ng. I looked at the permissions and owners of the 4-7 DVB adapters, and they are the same as 0-3 DVB adapters.

Code:
sudo /usr/bin/tvheadend -u hts -g video -d -C
[INFO]:dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter0 (DST DVB-S)
[INFO]:dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter1 (DST DVB-S)
[INFO]:dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter2 (DST DVB-S)
[INFO]:dvb: Found adapter /dev/dvb/adapter3 (DST DVB-S)
[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter4/frontend0 -- Operation not permitted
[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter5/frontend0 -- Operation not permitted
[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter6/frontend0 -- Operation not permitted
[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter7/frontend0 -- Operation not permitted
[WARNING]:dvr: Output directory for video recording is not yet configured. Defaulting to to "/home/gregor/Videos". This can be changed from the web user interface.
[DEBUG]:AVAHI: Adding service 'Tvheadend'
[NOTICE]:START: HTS Tvheadend version 2.5 started, running as pid:21010 uid:0 gid:0, settings located in '/home/gregor/.hts/tvheadend'
[INFO]:AVAHI: Service 'Tvheadend' successfully established.

- andoma - 2009-11-09

znoopy Wrote:have a small question, is there a way to fix my own channel order ? right now all channels is a total mess, tried to google but no luck....

Tvheadend SVN (upcoming 2.6 release) have a "Channel Number" attached
to each channel. This can be used to tie a channel to a remote control button and also steer presentation order in the clients.

I just hope someone in XBMC will pick up the feature and implement in in XBMC's HTSP client