Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

CCcam support - andoma - 2009-11-09

Seems a lot of people request CCcam support.

If someone can provide me with a specification of the protocol AND access to a CCcam server providing either ComHem or Boxer in Sweden i'd be happy to implemented.

Of course, if someone else is willing to implement it i'm all for that as well.

- Gujs - 2009-11-09

CCcam protocol is not open, but you have a working code in vdr-sc.

9.11 alpha TvHeadend not connecting - my4keys82 - 2009-11-10

Anyone tried TvHeadend with the xbmc 9.11 alpha, it doesn't seem to connect for me. I can only get it to work using an older SVN version around a month ago.

- Gujs - 2009-11-10

Try to start TVHeadend with -C argument. It worked for me.

- Gujs - 2009-11-10

Is xbmc supposed to get subtitles in dvb-s channels streamed from TvHeadend. When I try mythbox I can get subtitles, but not with TvHeadend.

- wally007 - 2009-11-10

So i've installed Linux ( Ubuntu 9.10 ) for the first time only because of this tvheadend app and i cant even get my DVB-T card tune anything. I installed latest Avermedia drivers from their web site , card is listed. I add my location it starts to tune " Nov 10 22:53:47 dvb: "SIT 1 CESKA TELEVIZE: 730,000 kHz" on adapter "A828[0] DVB-T", status changed to Constant FEC " and never does anything. I can get channels tuned in Windows with GBPVR.

Also my country doesnt have XMLTV listing and i get my EPG from DVB-T stream .... how would i go about configuring tvheadend to get its EPG data from EPG instead of XMLTV ?

- moontan77 - 2009-11-12

@andoma

I see on the tickets on your website that one of them was a upnp server (but ticket was started 18 months ago), is this something you still plan to add?

- kortina - 2009-11-15

I have a HDHomeRun (DVB-T version for Australia)

I created a bunch of strm files years ago, and XBMC is able to use these text files to connect directly to the tuner and play TV.

Unfortunatly, this is kind of stange usability wise. Because instead of changing channels, you stop a file, and start another one.

I have been holding out commenting for a while now, as I know there is a heap of work going on with the PVR space, but I thought I would share my comments at this stage of of the game to show where XBMC is still lacking a bit.

I have attempted to get TVHeadend working with my HDHomeRun, because I wanted to see how XBMC + TVHeadEnd handle channel changing, to see if I could improve the usability.

My Linux skills are not really up to the challenge, I *think* that I have installed the HDHomeRun stuff as per the website http://www.silicondust.com

I have installed TVHeadEnd, and can browse to the website, but I have no tuners listed.

so I have a few questions:

1) What is the channel changing experience with TVHeadEnd?
2) What are the chances of having a little bit more native support for HDHomeRun in XBMC, maybe a config file with multiple channels? (being able to use channel up, and channel down)

My dream would be for the following:
Step 1) Get some great support for HDHomeRun, with slick integration
Step 2) Get XBMC to read/display an XMLTV EPG from a local/Intranet server
Step 3) Get XBMC to send commands to a TVHeadEnd to record stuff

Does anyone know if the PVR project is heading that way?

- jeepcook - 2009-11-15

Hello,

I'm testing the last SVN (3668).

1 - I have (with the 2.5 version too) a problem with a lot of channels, I have the following message:

Nov 15 12:20:04 cwc: Can not descramble service "GULLI", access denied

Nov 15 12:20:06 capmt: Trying to obtain key for service "GULLI"

Nov 15 12:20:06 cwc: Obtained key for for service "GULLI"

And the channel is not descrambled.

What is this new function capmt connections, is this to solve this type of problem ? (Help about this is not implemented)

2 - Now we can affect a number to each channel, but XBMC doesn't display these numbers and channels are in a non correct order.

Thanks !!!

LND settings - Tillda - 2009-11-15

Hello

Running Tvheadend and XBMC Ubuntu and it looks very good. Have DVB S with diseqc Thor and Sirius. Wondering about lnb diseqc settings should it be one line for each satellite switchport 0 and 1 lnb type universal? At the moment it only found Thor can´t get it to find Sirius. Is it possible to see DVB subtitles TV1000 and canal+?

Thank you for a very good program Andoma!

Tillda

- jeepcook - 2009-11-15

Hello,

In fact I've found why the descrambling problem exists, here are the different cases:
(I have one Viaccess 2.5 card for french Bistv and one Viaccess 3.0 card for french orange)

1 - One channel whith only one provider Viaccess 3.0:
If I use my viacess 3.0 card, the channel is descrambled and there is no access denied, all is OK.
I can't use the 2.5 viaccess card for this channel, it's a normal situation !!

2 - One channel with more than one provider, one Viaccess 3.0 provider and one Viaccess 2.5 provider:
If I use my Viaccess 3.0 card, the channel is descrambled, no problem. The key is obtained from the 3.0 provider, CWC doesn't seems to try to obtain 2.5 key.
If I use my Viaccess 2.5 card, the key is obtained following by access denied and the channel isn't descrambled. It seems that in this case CWC try to obtain the key 2.5 and for that the message is "key obtained .." following by trying to obtain the 3.0 key so you have an access denied

3 - One channel whith more than one provider, one Viaccess 3.0 provider, one Viaccess 2.5 provider, one other CA provider (Mediaguard)
If I use my viaccess 3.0 or Viaccess 2.5 card, the key is obtained following by an access denied, CWC seems to try to obtain 3.0 key (obtained by the 3.0 card), following by an access denied, perhaps because CWC try to obtain a mediaguard key so the message is access denied and channel isn't descrambled.

I made a lot of test, and I have this conclusion for each test I made.

I think that CWC does not try to obtain the correct key (provider card-provider channel). A mapping is perhaps to build ... I don't know.

What do you think about my tests and conclusios ?

Thanks for your debugging ..

Another point about 3668 svn, an option has disappear: detail logging, why ?

Regards.

- Heiligenschein - 2009-11-17

my4keys82 Wrote:Anyone tried TvHeadend with the xbmc 9.11 alpha, it doesn't seem to connect for me. I can only get it to work using an older SVN version around a month ago.

Hello,

same problem here using Alpha2 with Ubuntu Jaunty.
TvHeadend works fine, i can scan the channels and record from the Web Interface (http://127.0.0.1:9981), but I cant get xbmc to connect (in my case htsp://127.0.0.1:9982).

I also tried to build xbmc from the current(?) svn sources but without success (build was done fine, but same problem to connect to tvheadend).

I´m really stuck what to do to get tvheadend running with xbmc Sad

- jeepcook - 2009-11-17

Ticket 121 seems to have been opened about the previous case ... good !!

- Dortamur - 2009-11-18

jbernardo Wrote:Hi,
I just installed tvheadhend on my karmic xbmc machine. I managed to scan most muxes on my DVB-T, but now when I try to watch channels in xbmc I always get an error, and on the web interface the following message:
"No transponder available for subscription "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]"".

Should I build the SVN version? Am I doing some error in configuration?
Thanks!
This sounds similar to the problem I'm having. I have a dual-tuner USB device, and it works for a while, but then stops working giving the No transponder error.

On mine, if I reboot and go to the tvheadend web front-end, and go to Configuration->DVB Adapters->Select an adapter->Multiplexes, then I can see that the listed MUXs (5 for me) have decent signal Quality, but after a period of time, Quality drops slowly to 0%. I can watch & record TV while they're not 0%, but if they hit 0%, it starts giving errors.

Using tzap from the command line prompt still tunes & records from the same tuner though.

Deleting the MUXs and re-adding them seems to work - sometimes - for a bit...

- my4keys82 - 2009-11-18

Heiligenschein:

Supplying the password and username fixed it for me, so for live add sthe source like this:

htsp://xbmc:[email protected]:9982

Give that a go, hope it works.

note: If anyone doesn't get any sound, try changing audio streams, the default stream is the wrong one for me.