Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- moontan77 - 2009-11-26

jeepcook Wrote:Yes you can !! in fact it's probably possible ... but I made a lot of tests without success.. in fact (with svn, not 2.5), you have a tab where you can put the file /tmp/capmt.socket, this file is generated by cccam.

To use this, tvheadend and cccam have to be installed in the same computer.

Could you please do some tests, if we are more than one to do tests perhabps we will have a successfull result !!

Thanks

only really started using linux properly since installing xbmc so I'm afraid i'm not too much help at the moment. I'll give it a go though.

How do update to the svn of tvheadend?

cheers

- jeepcook - 2009-11-26

moontan77 Wrote:only really started using linux properly since installing xbmc so I'm afraid i'm not too much help at the moment. I'll give it a go though.

How do update to the svn of tvheadend?

cheers

Like you can read in the first post:

svn co svn://svn.lonelycoder.com/hts/trunk/tvheadend
cd tvheadend
./configure
make

and execute:
build.Linux/tvheadend -C

Regards

- moontan77 - 2009-11-26

jeepcook Wrote:Like you can read in the first post:

svn co svn://svn.lonelycoder.com/hts/trunk/tvheadend
cd tvheadend
./configure
make

and execute:
build.Linux/tvheadend -C

Regards

thanks, sorry i'm a linux novice!

When i installed tv headend i followed the guide in post 9.

How do you run the svn version at startup instead of version 2.5 (which seems to have mpeg2 recording problems)?

what i get when running build.Linux/tvheadend -C (and web interface doesnt work)

[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 -- Device or resource busy
[WARNING]:dvr: Output directory for video recording is not yet configured. Defaulting to to "/home/xbmc/Videos". This can be changed from the web user interface.
[NOTICE]:START: HTS Tvheadend version SVN-r3696 started, running as pid:3586 uid:1000 gid:1000, settings located in '/home/xbmc/.hts/tvheadend'
[INFO]:AVAHI: Service 'Tvheadend' successfully established.

- jeepcook - 2009-11-26

moontan77 Wrote:thanks, sorry i'm a linux novice!

When i installed tv headend i followed the guide in post 9.

How do you run the svn version at startup instead of version 2.5 (which seems to have mpeg2 recording problems)?

to test do this:
1- stop tvheadend 2.5
sudo /etc/init.d/tvheadend stop

2- start the new version
cd <directory where is the svn>/tvheadend
./build.linux/tvheadend -C

- moontan77 - 2009-11-26

I get this:

[ALERT]:dvb: Unable to open /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 -- Device or resource busy
[WARNING]:dvr: Output directory for video recording is not yet configured. Defaulting to to "/home/xbmc/Videos". This can be changed from the web user interface.
[NOTICE]:START: HTS Tvheadend version SVN-r3695 started, running as pid:3883 uid:1000 gid:1000, settings located in '/home/xbmc/.hts/tvheadend'

but no webinterface (i'm doing this over ssh from my laptop) so I'm trying to connect to the ip of my xbmc pc (this works fine with 2.5)

in the prcocesses tvheadend seems to run for a second and then disappears, comes back and then disappears

- Jaken - 2009-11-26

moontan77 Wrote:I get this:

[NOTICE]:START: HTS Tvheadend version SVN-r3695 started, running as pid:3883 uid:1000 gid:1000, settings located in '/home/xbmc/.hts/tvheadend'

but no webinterface (i'm doing this over ssh from my laptop) so I'm trying to connect to the ip of my xbmc pc (this works fine with 2.5)

try type sudo

- jeepcook - 2009-11-26

moontan77 Wrote:I get this:

in the prcocesses tvheadend seems to run for a second and then disappears, comes back and then disappears

Try this:
Kill all tvheadend processes and use the sudo commande:
sudo ./build.linux/tvheadend -C

- moontan77 - 2009-11-26

no luck

svn is being installed in /home/xbmc/tvheadend/

2.5 process is being killed, but when running ./build.Linux/tvheadend -C inside the tvheadend folder, its running for a second and giving the output as shown in my previous posts. It looks like its running ok there but doesnt seem to be. I could be doing something very stupid but havent figured out what.

edit:
tried it yet again..........................and it worked!, i've being doing the same thing each time so dont understand why.

One last question, how do you get it to run the svn at startup? instead of 2.5?

thanks for the help

I'm cursed, nearly every option seems to cause a segmentation fault on the latest svn for me

when i run the make command with the svn:

I get something like this with nearly every file
cc -MD -g -funsigned-char -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -Ibuild.Linux -I/home/xbmc/tvheadend/src -I/home/xbmc/tvheadend -Wall -Werror -Wwrite-strings -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -I/home/xbmc/tvheadend/build.Linux/ffmpeg/install/include -c -o build.Linux/src/webui/simpleui.o /home/xbmc/tvheadend/src/webui/simpleui.c

Anyone else get that?

Are there any prerequisite's before installing the svn?

gcc version is 4.3.3 , ubuntu version is 9.04

- Mike34 - 2009-11-28

Razor_109 Wrote:Do you have more information on how this would work? where to place the file etc etc.. and what does it do? will it use the capmt.socket to connect to CCcam and obtain keys?

Where does Sasc-NG come in? or not needed anymore?

When i try to use sasc-ng the adapter gives the error 'no permission to open' in tvheadend

Has anyone got CCam or similar working?
If so is there an idiots guide on how to and what you need?
Huh

Thanks.

- moontan77 - 2009-11-29

Is nobody else get segmentation fault's a lot with the latest svn's?

I updated to karmic and they seem to be less frequent than with 9.04 jaunty, but they still happen after a while changing settings etc on the web innterface.

Cannot connect to the tvheadend server - fabioc - 2009-11-29

Hi,

I have read this thread and collected the experience of those who have managed to successfully connect to the tvheadend server from xbmc. Unfortunately, it is not my case! I have set-up the tvheadend server, created the channels, etc. but xbmc refuses to connect on port 9982 giving the following error: "could not connect to the remote server". I have tried to open up permissions on the base directory /home/hts, created another user with no password with streaming permissions on the local network, tried 127.0.0.1, localhost, even its own IP address...nothing works.

I am using ubuntu 9.04 with tvheadend-2.5 from debian repository and xbmc 9.04 (the stable version) from ppa repository.

Any one has some idea? Does xbmc 9.04 support the htsp protocol or do I need to upgrade to the latest beta version?

I am looking forward to make xbmc+tvheadend working. Thanks.

- jeepcook - 2009-11-29

fabioc Wrote:Hi,

I have read this thread and collected the experience of those who have managed to successfully connect to the tvheadend server from xbmc. Unfortunately, it is not my case! I have set-up the tvheadend server, created the channels, etc. but xbmc refuses to connect on port 9982 giving the following error: "could not connect to the remote server". I have tried to open up permissions on the base directory /home/hts, created another user with no password with streaming permissions on the local network, tried 127.0.0.1, localhost, even its own IP address...nothing works.

I am using ubuntu 9.04 with tvheadend-2.5 from debian repository and xbmc 9.04 (the stable version) from ppa repository.

Any one has some idea? Does xbmc 9.04 support the htsp protocol or do I need to upgrade to the latest beta version?

Don't forget to enable access, you have to enable this in the access control tab.

- Mike34 - 2009-11-29

fabioc Wrote:Hi,

Try to play the source, then look in the xbmc log file "~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log"
should tell you whats wrong, thats how i sorted mine out.

- fabioc - 2009-11-29

jeepcook Wrote:Don't forget to enable access, you have to enable this in the access control tab.

I had enabled access in the control tab, I had a "*" user enabled with streaming permissions.

I have now upgraded to xbmc 9.11beta and tried again. It still does not work with 127.0.0.1 or localhost but it seems to be able to read the new video source if I use 192.168.x.y (no user:pass). I get a long list of channels but if I try to view any of them I get now a "no available channel sources" message at the bottom of the xbmc screen. tvheadend found 957 channels including the ones I was trying to view.

Anyone has some idea? I am starting to lose faith..

- jeepcook - 2009-11-29

fabioc Wrote:I had enabled access in the control tab, I had a "*" user enabled with streaming permissions.

I have now upgraded to xbmc 9.11beta and tried again. It still does not work with 127.0.0.1 or localhost but it seems to be able to read the new video source if I use 192.168.x.y (no user:pass). I get a long list of channels but if I try to view any of them I get now a "no available channel sources" message at the bottom of the xbmc screen. tvheadend found 957 channels including the ones I was trying to view.

Anyone has some idea? I am starting to lose faith..

Look at the xbmc.log and post it here please.