Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- tume2 - 2009-12-11

Does anyone else have jerky sound while watching dvb-t from tvheadend? I don't know if it's xbmc or tvheadend problem or alsa. Everything works if playing dvb:// directly with mplayer. I have made ticket for it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8052

I'm currently running tvheadend r3776 and xbmc r25509, soundcard Cirrus Logic CS 4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01), alsa-driver 1.0.21 and Linux debian 2.6.26-2-686 kernel

Never mind

I set up pulse and got it finally working Smile

- fabioc - 2009-12-12

For Astra1 (19.2E), you need to tick the "Autodetect muxes" checkbox in the adapter configuration box. I get 89 muxes in this way. I also have Astra2 and Hotbird and for these satellites the checkbox can be unticked.

skillshot Wrote:Yesterday i tried XBMC 9.11 Beta 2 with tvheadend 2.7 but i can not get tvheadend to scan for any Channels. I have a Technotrend S2-3200 dvb-card.

What I did:
1.) Connect to the webfrontend
2.) Go to Configuration/DVB Adapters
3.) Select my card
4.) Added Astra19.2 (still just one mux defined)
and now nothing happens.

The tvheadend docs say

but tvheadend does not start any scanning, i get nothing in the logs ... it simply does not do anything?

What am i missing?

Thx for any help or hint!

- moontan77 - 2009-12-12

jeepcook Wrote:execute cccam on your linux pc, see the file generated under /tmp/ and give this file to tvheadend ..

just try !

I see no camd.socket in the tmp folder (i am connected to my cccam server on dreambox)

only cccam related file i see in tmp is .CCcam.nodeid

how is the camd.socket file generated?

- Purple8 - 2009-12-13

Same prob as moontan.
Sure someone said earlier in thread that they had working.

- skillshot - 2009-12-13

fabioc Wrote:For Astra1 (19.2E), you need to tick the "Autodetect muxes" checkbox in the adapter configuration box.

I forgot to mention this step. I did tick "Autodetect muxes" but nothing happens. I'll try to get some more debug information or i'll open a ticket at lonelycoders site.

Thx anyway!

Stuttering S2 channels. - Diddleydoo - 2009-12-13

Hey.
I got a Asus Pundit P4-P5N9300, 4gb ram and a Tevii s470 dvb-s2 card.
I run tvheadend on a xbmc live version.
I get tvheadend to scan the channels and i can watch them but when i watch a HD channel i get stuttering. tried animailplanet hd on thor and also tv4 hd on thor.
I checked vdpau in menu but it doesnt do anything.
HD movies from harddrive works great though.
Anyone have any idea?
Thanx in advance.

Missing clear QAM channels - TiredOldMan - 2009-12-13

My system is built on an Aspire Revo 1600 - Ubuntu Karmic and XBMC 9.11-B2. I have installed TVheadend 2.7. The DVB device is a WinTV-HVR 950Q.

I have a US CableVision cable connection with no cable box so all I expected to receive was the set of clear QAM channels.

My problem is that on the XBMC-TVheadend system the scan only detects 22 (mostly PBS type) channels. Using the same HVR-950Q device on my Windows 7 system with the WinTV 7 software it detects the same 22 labeled channels and about 30 additional clear QAM channels labeled as unknown. The WinTV 7 setup also sees about 20+ analog channels.

I have done many searches on this forum and Google but, so far, I have no clue how to get tvheadend to recognize any of these additional channels. I see a long (400+) list of unnamed services in the web UI services list but the mapping ignores them.

I would appreciate pointers to any information that could help me resolve this issue.

Many thanks for any help
-----------
T.O.M.

HD delay dropping - Mike34 - 2009-12-13

I have the same problem with the HD channels, some times they take a while to start then drop frames throughout.
does anyone have problems with the web interface being slow, i have two cards one for 28.2e and one for 19.2e so there are lots of services which stops the browser on my laptop.

- moontan77 - 2009-12-13

ye something to do with the java script, supposedly google chrome can handle it a bit better but I didnt see much difference. The developer said he plans to change the services section to a "live-grid" like the epg section. Hopefully that will make it usable.

- Mike34 - 2009-12-13

Oh good because it is taking a long time to sort all the channels etc.
Any advice on best method to upscale channels so they always fill the screen?
Sometimes they look a bit grainy

- jeepcook - 2009-12-13

moontan77 Wrote:I see no camd.socket in the tmp folder (i am connected to my cccam server on dreambox)

only cccam related file i see in tmp is .CCcam.nodeid

how is the camd.socket file generated?

If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !

- Purple8 - 2009-12-13

jeepcook Wrote:If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !

I have the same prob and mine are both on the same machine. but i dont get the camd.socket either

- moontan77 - 2009-12-13

jeepcook Wrote:If you want tu use cccam with tvheadend, you have to run them on the same machine !

i understand that, i am saying i have cccam running on my tvheadend pc and this is connecting to cccam on my dreambox

- Razor_109 - 2009-12-13

moontan77 Wrote:i understand that, i am saying i have cccam running on my tvheadend pc and this is connecting to cccam on my dreambox

which decryption-code-system do you use? I need IRDeto and i couldnt get it to work with Tvheadend + NewCS because of Tvheadend not requesting the keys trough the correct EMC's (dont know exactly if its called ECM :p)

The NewCS server was working perfectly though with other applications, so i'm afraid Tvheadend + CCcam wont work either.

- moontan77 - 2009-12-13

tv package i have works ok with newcs, theres only one encryption type running at the one type so cccam shouldnt be a problem.