Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- bmentink - 2010-07-09

bmentink Wrote:Hi GuJs,

I have the following crash after running fine for awhile ..

This happened just opening up a video directory .. I cannot play recordings now.

It seems to be the info in that directory though, as I can open up another directory and play the contents fine ... there is nothing strange in the faulty directory though.

Just tried the trunk svn and that plays that directory fine ..

The build is: xbmc-9.11+svn30781.lucid5

Thanks.

Edit: The quote removed the error, it is:

Quote:xbmc.bin: libavutil/mathematics.c:79: av_rescale_rnd: Assertion `c > 0' failed.

Has no one seen this issueConfused, this is really frustrating, I can only use the above build to watch TV, if I want to watch recordings I have to change over to a trunk build.

Thanks,
Bernie

- Gujs - 2010-07-09

Yes I also have a problem with stability on my latest build of tvheadend. I will try to send bug report to mailing list, but first I have to find out at what version tvheadend stopped working.

- bmentink - 2010-07-09

Gujs Wrote:Yes I also have a problem with stability on my latest build of tvheadend. I will try to send bug report to mailing list, but first I have to find out at what version tvheadend stopped working.

So you are saying this issue is a Tvheadend one, not an XBMC problem?

Hmm, seems strange, as it is only when I am viewing the recording directory that I have the problem .... or are you saying there is a problem with the recordings from Tvheadend in that directory from some date onwards which is causing problems for XBMC....

Thanks,
B

- janumix - 2010-07-10

backing to VDPAU Smile
I've tried to use TVHeadend (v.2.11) with pvr-testing-36~yavdr-karmic30871+6 where with VDR-VNSI plugin (and VDR as backend) VDPAU was working very well (even with MPEG2 streams !!!). Just switching between these, vdpau works or not (without changing of settings).
So, considering, it looks like a tvheadend or xbmc's addon for tvheadend (v.2.7) problem rather than xbmc it self.

Any idea ?
Regards
Janusz

- Gujs - 2010-07-10

bmentink Wrote:So you are saying this issue is a Tvheadend one, not an XBMC problem?

Hmm, seems strange, as it is only when I am viewing the recording directory that I have the problem .... or are you saying there is a problem with the recordings from Tvheadend in that directory from some date onwards which is causing problems for XBMC....

Thanks,
B

Sorry. I am refering to other post about tvheadend not being stable.

- AP0ll0UK - 2010-07-10

So going back to previous discussions regarding TvHeadend and CCcam...

I have Ubuntu 10.4 running XBMC and TvHeadend, all working fine with Technotrend S-1100 [basically a WinTV Nova-S].

I don't have any cams, cards or CI modules installed.

I have installed CCcam 2.1.4 and am getting the following message in the CCcam.log:-

11:00:02.938 CCcam: no working cam devices, no need to start pmthandlerneed to start pmthandler

Where it refers to "no working cam devices", what else do I need to install?

- gururu - 2010-07-10

@AP0ll0UK
try 2.1.0, cccam above 2.1.1 will not work for tvheadend (at lease for me and my friends)

- archjace - 2010-07-10

I am using cccam 2.1.4 along with TVHEADEND with no issues whatsoever, works like a dream.

if you are getting "11:00:02.938 CCcam: no working cam devices, no need to start pmthandlerneed to start pmthandler", have you pre-loaded the CAPMT library before running CCCAM?

ie LD_PRELOAD=capmt_ca.so CCcam.x86_64 -d -C CCcam.cfg

Further instructions can be found in this topic I think

- AP0ll0UK - 2010-07-10

gururu Wrote:@AP0ll0UK
try 2.1.0, cccam above 2.1.1 will not work for tvheadend (at lease for me and my friends)

What issues did you have with version 2.1.1 and above?

I've not had to downgrade my version of CCcam just yet. Turns out that I'd missed a setting in the CCcam.cfg file:-

DVB API: -1

Apparently it has something to do with the detection of the card.

Do you know anything about the capmt stuff and getting TvHeadend to pick it up? I'm just looking into that at the moment.

I saw this:-

Quote:# nano /etc/rc.local
write in rc.local;
# /usr/local/bin/run.sh

create a file called run.sh in /usr/local/bin/ with the following

#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/local/bin
gcc -march=pentium -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations
-funroll-loops -fPIC -shared -o capmt_ca.so capmt_ca.c -ldl
LD_PRELOAD=./capmt_ca.so ; export LD_PRELOAD
while [ 1 ];
do
./CCcam.x86 -d > /var/log/CCcam.log
done

I've put it together but the camd.socket file isn't being generated despite CCcam running.

It's just one thing after another lol Big Grin Interesting though.

- AP0ll0UK - 2010-07-10

archjace Wrote:I am using cccam 2.1.4 along with TVHEADEND with no issues whatsoever, works like a dream.

if you are getting "11:00:02.938 CCcam: no working cam devices, no need to start pmthandlerneed to start pmthandler", have you pre-loaded the CAPMT library before running CCCAM?

ie LD_PRELOAD=capmt_ca.so CCcam.x86_64 -d -C CCcam.cfg

Further instructions can be found in this topic I think

Have you managed to get CCcam v2.1.4 to output the camd.socket file to /tmp ?

- archjace - 2010-07-10

yes everything works fine with cccam, camd.socket is in the tmp directory and tvheadend connects to it just fine.

If you pre load the CAPMT library DO NOT SET DVB API: -1 or it will not create the camd.socket

- AP0ll0UK - 2010-07-10

Ok, thanks.

So what should i have it set to, just 1?

- archjace - 2010-07-11

Dont set it to anything, just let cccam choose it.

- gururu - 2010-07-11

Hi AP0ll0UK and archjace

I won't compile capmt_ca.c every time, just one time. So I just created a .sh file to load them up:

LD_PRELOAD=./capmt_ca.so ; export LD_PRELOAD
./CCcam.x86 -d > /var/log/CCcam.log

and, I only put the C line in CCcam.cfg , nothing else. CCcam above 2.1.0 won't generate /tmp/camd.socket for me by using this .sh file, but 2.1.0 does.

- archjace - 2010-07-11

I dont bother to compile everytime either, just compile once and then I created a loader script which loads cccam 2.1.4 first and then tvheadend after. Works well.

Bear in mind, if you stop cccam for any reason you will need to restart tvheadend or it wont pick up the socket again. At least it wont for me.