Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

outleradam Wrote:Quick question, how stable is the recorded database schema, or is there an API in place for communications?

Also, will tvheadend support following symlinks when deleting/serving files
the communication with tvheadend uses the htsp protocol: http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/htsp I don't know how it handles deleting symlinks but you can try that out.

edit:
oooh, page 100 Smile

- outleradam - 2010-10-23

I need a real answer.

Let me rephrase that. I need programID or show Id, I need plot, I need stars, and I need xmltvgravber. That API is meant to display title and thats about it. I need XBMC quality data.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

outleradam Wrote:Let me rephrase that. I need programID or show Id, I need plot, I need stars, and I need xmltvgravber. That API is meant to display title and thats about it. I need XBMC quality data.
xmltv is integrated in tvheadend, so all recordings automatically take the plot text and show title from there (if you configure an xmltv grabber on your tvheadend server).

you won't get "stars" and "programID", but you could implement that if you really miss that. I certainly don't need stars for recordings I programmed myself.

- moontan77 - 2010-10-23

i'm using gujs's latest build with karmic and I am just wondering whats involved with changing to your build?

Adding your sources and updating to lucid/maverick?

Unfortunately the imdb scraper no longer works with gujs's lastest build which is 3 weeks old, and I would like to have a pvr build that works with imdb. (and i dont know if gujs still plans to make newer builds or not).

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

moontan77 Wrote:i'm using gujs's latest build with karmic and I am just wondering whats involved with changing to your build?

Adding your sources and updating to lucid/maverick?

Unfortunately the imdb scraper no longer works with gujs's lastest build which is 3 weeks old, and I would like to have a pvr build that works with imdb. (and i dont know if gujs still plans to make newer builds or not).

comment out or remove gujs's ppa in /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*, add mine.

then run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.

- moontan77 - 2010-10-23

can i add it without upgrading to lucid/karmic?

dushmaniac Wrote:xmltv is integrated in tvheadend, so all recordings automatically take the plot text and show title from there (if you configure an xmltv grabber on your tvheadend server).

you won't get "stars" and "programID", but you could implement that if you really miss that. I certainly don't need stars for recordings I programmed myself.

It is needed for proper recognition of tvdb data and importing non-tvdb, unrecognized files into the xbmc library.

It's a bit above and beyond user level and allows an export of files to a backend-augmented system rather then a backend dependent system.

It is for using mythicalLibrarian as a post processing job on tvheadend.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

what version are you running?

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

outleradam Wrote:It is needed for proper recognition of tvdb data and importing non-tvdb, unrecognized files into the xbmc library.

It's a bit above and beyond user level and allows an export of files to a backend-augmented system rather then a backend dependent system.

It is for using mythicalLibrarian as a post processing job on tvheadend.
I suggest you add a ticket on tvheadend's trac then with a detailed explanation of the things you'd like to have added.

- moontan77 - 2010-10-23

oops sorry typo above, should have said i have karmic and do i need to upgrade to lucid/maverick in order to use your build.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-23

I'll look into doing a build for karmic later. Think it needed a different rules file because of the older version of dpkg, but I'm not sure.

Check back later.

- xbmcuser2000 - 2010-10-23

I have tried Gujs's and Dushmaniac's builds in Lucid, and until now I only have experienced two differences related with LiveTV that affect me:

1- With the Gujs's build the radio channels are mixed with the tv channels, it doesn't happen with dushmaniac's build.

2- With the dushmaniac's build, the osd controls like play, pause, etc, are shifted to the right and I can't press they with mouse.

One common problem with both builds is that all programs showed in the EPG timeline are grey. With earlier Gujs's builds they were coloured in relation with their genre.

- xbmcuser2000 - 2010-10-23

I was wrong. The OSD buttons are shifted to right when playing video or music, not in livetv, but it is an annoying bug anyway.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:I was wrong. The OSD buttons are shifted to right when playing video or music, not in livetv, but it is an annoying bug anyway.
that's an issue I noticed in one of the early builds I did. upgrading to a newer build will resolve that.

if you are still using the old ppa location, change it to ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr to get the latest version.