Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- xbmcuser2000 - 2010-10-24

dushmaniac Wrote:that's an issue I noticed in one of the early builds I did. upgrading to a newer build will resolve that.

if you are still using the old ppa location, change it to ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr to get the latest version.

That is the PPA I am using. I got it from your signature and installed xbmc 7 hours ago.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

You are correct, just verified it. I'll fix it in the next build. Thanks for reporting it.

edit:
I'll redo the patches to VideoOSD.xml, saw it has some cosmetic problems too (tabs/spaces)

- moontan77 - 2010-10-24

know its kind of off topic, but what do people think is missing from tvheadend?

Option to keep recording for X amount of days and then for it to be deleted automatically, as well keep forever option. Just like windows mce.

Be able to set autorecorder to record after a certain hour. For example I want to record a show that usually starts around 7pm/8pm on a sunday. On sunday morning it shows repeats of last weeks show. If I use starting around 7pm, it doesnt always record the program, and if i leave that section blank it will record the old episodes shown on a saturday morning. So if there was an option to record "show x" after 18.00hrs then it should record it correctly every time.

For particular shows it would be nice to be able to start recording earlier than usual. I know you can do this for channels, but sometimes its only a particular show that starts earlier than the stated epg time.

Upnp support, now that cheap android tablets are starting to come out, it would be cool to be able to stream from tvheadend (and would be a nice to have a tablet android app for epg etc)!

- moontan77 - 2010-10-24

Anybody using sky uk with tvheadend, if so, can you check if syfy can be recorded?

Using tvheadend build 5496, it only detects the audio and so only records that. 2.11 doesnt even start recording. (this is an encrypted channel which i have a card for and it obtains they key fine). Stream doesnt work with xbmc either.

Syfy+1 works fine.

edit: how do you analyse a muxdump? there is a few channels on this mux, and vlc player just shows the first channel which is free to air. Codec information lists the video and audio stream information for this fta channel and then lists all the other channels on the mux including the problem channel syfy.

- Razor_109 - 2010-10-24

moontan77 Wrote:know its kind of off topic, but what do people think is missing from tvheadend?

Option to keep recording for X amount of days and then for it to be deleted automatically, as well keep forever option. Just like windows mce.

Be able to set autorecorder to record after a certain hour. For example I want to record a show that usually starts around 7pm/8pm on a sunday. On sunday morning it shows repeats of last weeks show. If I use starting around 7pm, it doesnt always record the program, and if i leave that section blank it will record the old episodes shown on a saturday morning. So if there was an option to record "show x" after 18.00hrs then it should record it correctly every time.

For particular shows it would be nice to be able to start recording earlier than usual. I know you can do this for channels, but sometimes its only a particular show that starts earlier than the stated epg time.

Upnp support, now that cheap android tablets are starting to come out, it would be cool to be able to stream from tvheadend (and would be a nice to have a tablet android app for epg etc)!

There is a wiki-page on the recording management improvement idea's:
http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/tvheadend_recording_management

i've no idea if anyone has already started working on this though..

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:That is the PPA I am using. I got it from your signature and installed xbmc 7 hours ago.
Fixed the problem. You can manually download a new addons/skin.confluence/720p/VideoOSD.xml from http://lars.opdenkamp.eu/xbmc-diskless/VideoOSD.xml or wait for a new build that I'll do later today.

edit:
I'll do some cleanups on the other changed skin files in the build after the one that I'm doing today.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

Razor_109 Wrote:There is a wiki-page on the recording management improvement idea's:
http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/wiki/tvheadend_recording_management

i've no idea if anyone has already started working on this though..
nobody did start that as far as I know.

- Razor_109 - 2010-10-24

dushmaniac Wrote:nobody did start that as far as I know.

hmm too bad..

I was wondering though, are there any other pvr-compatible skins than Confluence? I've only seen one Aeon version as far as i know.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

Razor_109 Wrote:hmm too bad..

I was wondering though, are there any other pvr-compatible skins than Confluence? I've only seen one Aeon version as far as i know.
as far as I know, none at the moment.

A new build of xbmc is being published on my PPA with a fix for the VideoOSD. It will be available in +- 30 minutes.

dushmaniac Wrote:A new build of xbmc is being published on my PPA with a fix for the VideoOSD. It will be available in +- 30 minutes.

That fixed the problem. Thanks.

¿Do you (or someone) know something about the lack of genre information of the programs?

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:That fixed the problem. Thanks.

¿Do you (or someone) know something about the lack of genre information of the programs?
could you describe that a bit further? I got all the program information on my screen here I think

- Ruud - 2010-10-24

dushmaniac Wrote:comment out or remove gujs's ppa in /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*, add mine.

then run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade.
Hi,
just wanted to give your ppa a go. followed instructions above, noticed that only one file is updated.
How can I tell that your version is installed? when looking at system information it still states "XBMC PRE-10.5 r34447 (Compiled: Oct 4 2010)
thanks,
Ruud.

dushmaniac Wrote:could you describe that a bit further? I got all the program information on my screen here I think

I have made a capture of it.

The programs should be in colour in relation with their genre.

It is a problem that appeared some releases ago in the Gujs PPA but it is also in your.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

Ruud Wrote:Hi,
just wanted to give your ppa a go. followed instructions above, noticed that only one file is updated.
How can I tell that your version is installed? when looking at system information it still states "XBMC PRE-10.5 r34447 (Compiled: Oct 4 2010)
thanks,
Ruud.
it's not installed apparently. try this:
stop xbmc
Code:
sudo apt-get remove -y xbmc xbmc-bin xbmc-data xbmc-skin-confluence
sudo apt-get install -y python-software-properties
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y xbmc
start xbmc. version should read "XBMC 10.0-beta3 rDharma+pvr~odk9" after that

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-24

xbmcuser2000 Wrote:I have made a capture of it.

<cut image>

The programs should be in colour in relation with their genre.

It is a problem that appeared some releases ago in the Gujs PPA but it is also in your.
ok I'll look into that. thanks for reporting it.