Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-26

Ruud Wrote:Hi,
<snip>
can anybody confirm this issue?

thanks,
regards,
Ruud.
wild guess, the updated recording state is not coming in.
try this: repeat what you did before, and after your "part 2", start playing a livetv channel, then stop it and check your recording status.

- dubstar_04 - 2010-10-26

How many recordings can tvheadend retrieve from one tuner?

i.e. mythtv can record up to 3 programmes from one tuner one on one mux.

i found this:

Quote:DVB-T, DVB-C, DVB-S, DVB-S2 and ATSC.
Multiple adapters are supported. Each adapter can receive all programs available on the currently tuned mux simultaneously.

i think this is what i was after.

Thanks,

Dubstar_04

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-26

don't think there's any limit to it, but I haven't tested more than 2 on one stream myself.

- Gujs - 2010-10-26

@moontan77
Sorry. My mistake. It looks like some language files are missing. I am already uploading fixed version.

- dubstar_04 - 2010-10-26

dushmaniac Wrote:don't think there's any limit to it, but I haven't tested more than 2 on one stream myself.

Ive installed xbmc and tvheadend from your signature.

setup went well, very slick infact. and tvheadend has all the correct data in, however xbmc has the guide off by an hour still.

Also the search function doesnt work, is it expected to?

I watched a few channels which played fine, however after a number of channel changes live tv stopped working.

Alot of progress has been made since i last tried tvheadend and it is looking very promising.

thanks for all your work and packaging.

regards,

Dubstar_04

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-26

dubstar_04 Wrote:setup went well, very slick infact. and tvheadend has all the correct data in, however xbmc has the guide off by an hour still.
is your timezone set up correctly? you can verify this with
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

Quote:Also the search function doesnt work, is it expected to?
hadn't checked that to be honest. I'll come back on that

Quote:I watched a few channels which played fine, however after a number of channel changes live tv stopped working.
didn't occur here before and both my girlfriend and I are using these packages to watch tv (and you know girlfriends are if the tv doesn't work, I would have heard that). could you pastebin your xbmc debug log and tvheadend log when it occurs please.

- Cribbe6 - 2010-10-27

@dushmaniac

I tried install using sudo apt-get install -y xbmc-standalone but it always picks some other ppa. I even emptied my sources.list and it does the same.
And yes I did run
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:lars-opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr
sudo apt-get update

/Chris

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dushmaniac Wrote:wild guess, the updated recording state is not coming in.
try this: repeat what you did before, and after your "part 2", start playing a livetv channel, then stop it and check your recording status.

Hi,

already tried that, but that doesn't change a thing.
I think XBMC is interpreting the 'aborted by user' status as 'recording' > I fired up my second XBMC install and also on this machine the programs are being labeled as being recorded. So this information is pulled from the server.

thanks for looking into this.
regards,
Ruud.

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dubstar_04 Wrote:however xbmc has the guide off by an hour still.
Hi, had the same time issue some time ago. for it was fixed by loading a svn version of tvheadend (was running 2.11), then also xbmc had to restart because tvguide was cached.
currently not seeing this behaviour (running tvheadend svn-5520)
regards,
Ruud.

- Ruud - 2010-10-27

dubstar_04 Wrote:Ive installed xbmc and tvheadend from your signature.

setup went well, very slick infact. and tvheadend has all the correct data in, however xbmc has the guide off by an hour still.

Also the search function doesnt work, is it expected to?

I watched a few channels which played fine, however after a number of channel changes live tv stopped working.

Alot of progress has been made since i last tried tvheadend and it is looking very promising.

thanks for all your work and packaging.

regards,

Dubstar_04

Cribbe6 Wrote:@dushmaniac

I tried install using sudo apt-get install -y xbmc-standalone but it always picks some other ppa. I even emptied my sources.list and it does the same.
And yes I did run
sudo apt-get update

/Chris
Hi Chris,

I do a sudo apt-get install xbmc-live and that just runs fine (instead of xbmc-standalone)
could you give that a try?
regards,
Ruud.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Cribbe6 Wrote:@dushmaniac

And yes I did run
sudo apt-get update

/Chris
you have some other ppa listed in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* in that case.
check the files in that directory. after removing the other ppa that provides xbmc, run sudo apt-get update and try to install it again.

Ruud Wrote:Hi,

already tried that, but that doesn't change a thing.
I think XBMC is interpreting the 'aborted by user' status as 'recording' > I fired up my second XBMC install and also on this machine the programs are being labeled as being recorded. So this information is pulled from the server.

thanks for looking into this.
regards,
Ruud.
I'll look into it later. Don't have much time this week and I'm looking into other things first (stuttering radio, etc.).

channel 'bug' - Ruud - 2010-10-27

Hi,

in the channel manager I have on the list 'all channels' disabled all channels that I do not want. My channel list when going through the tv channel list is e.g. as follows:
1. NED 1
2. NED 2
3. NED 3

when browsing through them it loops (after 3 comes 1) as it is supposed to do.

Now for the issue at hand:
When watching TV (in full screen) and pressing channel up, it does not loop from 3 to 1 as it is supposed to, but displays disabled channel #4 #5 #6 etc.

so channel up / down does not respect the disabled status of a channel.

can any body confirm?

thanks,
Ruud.

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

Ruud Wrote:can any body confirm?

thanks,
Ruud.
confirmed. as a workaround, you can move the channels you want to hide to the end of the channel list before hiding them.

edit:
well, confirmed if I understood your question correctly.
first you have a channel list like:

1 Ned1 HD
2 Ned2 HD
3 Ned1
4 Ned2
5 RTL 4

and when you hide channels 3 and 4, the channel list looks like: 1, 2, 5, ...
doesn't happen every time though. it's not related to tvheadend btw.

- BoxFreak - 2010-10-27

Just tested TV-watching with XBMC and it works fine. There´s just one strange thing; timeseek (timeseekforward and backward and so on) doesn´t seem to work at recordings made with TVHeadend, they just jump back or forward by percentage.

All other videos timeseek just fine by time (even those that I´ve moved from my Humax PVR to PC). I would very much like the timeseek work for recordings also, because I´ve used to it with my old PVR. Does anyone have any idea what´s causing this?

- opdenkamp - 2010-10-27

BoxFreak Wrote:There´s just one strange thing; timeseek (timeseekforward and backward and so on) doesn´t seem to work at recordings made with TVHeadend, they just jump back or forward by percentage.
seeking works fine on recordings here (up=+10 minutes, down=-10 minutes, left=-30 secs, right=+30 secs).

the total time of the recording is reported incorrectly though. looks like a problem in the mkv.