Kodi Community Forum
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way! (/showthread.php?tid=51945)

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-26

@jansink:
it's a problem reported by tvheadend. probably bad reception.

@crasher2k:
Quote:But when I try to map the services to channels, I got an error
what error?
try to start tvheadend from the command line with the "-d" option to get full debugging output.

- jansink - 2010-12-26

@dushmaniac: Thanks for the answer, the problem is solved now. Can you tell me where i change the channel order?? Is this handled in TVheadend or in XBMC?

- Ruud - 2010-12-26

jansink Wrote:@dushmaniac: Thanks for the answer, the problem is solved now. Can you tell me where i change the channel order?? Is this handled in TVheadend or in XBMC?
Hi, channel order (and disabling of paticular channels) is handled in XBMC (tvheadend plugin) -> channel manager.
regards,
Ruud

- jansink - 2010-12-26

Thanks Ruud!

- Swifty - 2010-12-26

I remember seeing somewhere in this mammoth thread about MySQL support for the TVDatabase, is this fully implemented yet ?
I added the relevant bits into advancedsettings.xml and created the database in mysql, at XBMC's first start-up it populates the DB and everything works as normal, but the next times I open XBMC the guide is empty (the channels are there, but no program info).

Is this because it's not finished yet, or some sort of bug - if so I'll get a log.

Also, is XBMC supposed to re-fresh the TV database at certain intervals ? - I have several XBMC clients that are always booted and after a few days get no TV listings until I re-load XBMC and it does its grabbing of the epg just after it starts..

- RoboSK - 2010-12-26

dushmaniac: tested "master" id "dc0cac9347259e7100b902669814e0b04d01d89f"

and MyTV4.db contain some dupe lines
---Clients---
"idClient","Name","GUID"
"1","Tvheadend HTSP Client","pvr.hts"
"2","Tvheadend HTSP Client","pvr.hts"
---

and for this reason (maybe)
---LastChannel---
"idChannel","Number","Name"
"1","1","STV 1"
"4","4","JOJ"
---

+ table Channels idClient now contain "2" - with Dharma-pvr it is OK

- crasher2k - 2010-12-26

@ dushmaniac:

Finally I found out, that obviously my PCI TV-Card was broken. After I tried a second one the scan for muxes and saving the channels worked. The DigitalEverywhere FireDTV doesn't work out with tvheadend (Bug is known to the developers). Is it normal that an DVB-S Scan and adding the Chanels takes about 20-30min?

- Fixed -
-> I had to enable 'Vertical blank sync' in the System Preferences of XBMC <-

[Now my Problem is, that the TV Picture is flickering when there is (fast) Movement in the picture. TVheadend and XBMC are running on the same Hardware. The System is a AMD Dual Core 2*2.5GHZ, 4GB RAM, ATI 3200HD OnBoard. I installed the proprietary ATI driver delivered by the Ubuntu "driver center". The video settings are, to zoom 4:3 Video to 16:9 Output and use GLSL as the Render Methode. Video Postprocessing is set to "only for SD material".]

regards, crasher

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-26

@RoboSK:
I'm working on the database part now. It's likely to be buggy until I'm done.

@crasher2k:
I don't know the right setting for ati cards, but you should try the different deinterlacing settings (not postprocessing). You can access it by pressing M while playing a stream.

- Swifty - 2010-12-26

dushmaniac Wrote:@RoboSK:
I'm working on the database part now. It's likely to be buggy until I'm done.

Is this true for the dharma odk48 build ? - I am using this and seeing the problems with EPG that I mentioned a few posts above, but I've not seen anyone else mention this so unsure if its a bug or just that work is still being done on the mysql database part..

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-26

nope, dharma-pvr uses the pvr code from pvr-testing2.

if the mysql database backend doesn't work for you at the moment, I'm afraid you'll have to wait till the changes in master are done. mysql support is experimental and dharma-pvr has been tagged final.

the EPG should update automatically in the background. you can change the interval in the system settings.

- Swifty - 2010-12-26

thanks dushmaniac, I'll hang on for updates to mysql then, just wasn't sure if it was supposed to be fully working yet or not Smile

- ie332 - 2010-12-27

Hi All,
I'm pretty new to XBMC. Could any one explain what is the difference between two repositories: xbmc-master-pvr and xbmc-pvr? And which one is more preferable if you are going to have LiveTV with DVB-S card?
I went through the forum and honestly was just lost in the amount of information Big Grin
Any tips would be much appreciated
Thanks

- opdenkamp - 2010-12-27

master = development (so possibly, and at the moment probably, unstable)
xbmc-pvr = Dharma, so stable

I'm going to create a new howto topic today that explains it all (and if it's not today it'll be tomorrow Smile)

- ant_thomas - 2010-12-27

dushmaniac Wrote:master = development (so possibly, and at the moment probably, unstable)
xbmc-pvr = Dharma, so stable

I'm going to create a new howto topic today that explains it all (and if it's not today it'll be tomorrow Smile)

If you need any help on the VDR side of the how-to if the existing ones have any missing bits I'm willing to help.

- ie332 - 2010-12-27

Hi dushmaniac, Hi ant_thomas
Thanks for your quick reply!
So will rollback today to xbmc-pvr as it is more stable.
@ant_thomas: Thanks a mil, some tips/guides would be useful. I was reinstalling system about 10 time by now. Every time I get to installation of vdr and streamdev my system was hanging after rebooting as vdr was looking for the streamdev server and probably it was not there/running. so I had about 20 seconds after booting go to '/etc/vdr/vdr.default' and disable loading of vdr.

probably will wait for dushmaniac manual
Thanks again!