Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=51981)

- he6rt6gr6m - 2009-08-29

stacked Wrote:scroll up and look at nicoli_k sig.

16:40:11 M: 41431040 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingSource... no matching source found for [Video plugins]
16:40:19 M: 36810752 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
16:40:21 M: 32956416 NOTICE: Justin.tv v1.4.10
16:40:23 M: 32948224 NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: File "Q:\plugins\video\Justin.tv\default.py", line 450, in ?
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: _check_compatible()
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: File "Q:\plugins\video\Justin.tv\default.py", line 27, in _check_compatible
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: xbmc_rev = int( xbmc_version.split( " " )[ 1 ].replace( "r", "" ) )
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: ValueError
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: :
16:40:23 M: 32956416 NOTICE: invalid literal for int():
16:40:23 M: 32956416 ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
16:40:25 M: 38637568 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://video/Justin.tv/
16:40:25 M: 38637568 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/Justin.tv/) failed

All others work, This doesnt. Sad

- stacked - 2009-08-29

...i think the new XBMC build is messing with the plugin. Give me time to confirm.

It was literally working up until an hour ago, as I was watching some Football streams on it. Then I updated the version to the current one to see if the plug-in would speed up, and it stopped working.

I may go back to the older version I had.

EDIT: Back dated to an earlier version, and it works again.

Moral of the story? 1.4.10 Justin.tv does NOT work with latest Nightly Build from SSHCS.com, and complains, but works, in the latest T3CH release. Job done.

stacked Wrote:...i think the new XBMC build is messing with the plugin. Give me time to confirm.

I can confirm. Back dating XBMC to a previous build worked.

- stacked - 2009-08-29

he6rt6gr6m Wrote:It was literally working up until an hour ago, as I was watching some Football streams on it. Then I updated the version to the current one to see if the plug-in would speed up, and it stopped working.

I may go back to the older version I had.

EDIT: Back dated to an earlier version, and it works again.

Moral of the story? 1.4.10 Justin.tv does NOT work with latest Nightly Build from SSHCS.com, and complains, but works, in the latest T3CH release. Job done.

In the latest nightly xbox build, the wording of the "System.BuildVersion" is changed and it causes the plugin to crash at the compatibly check. So if you comment out line 451, the error will go away and the plugin will work on the new build. Or update to 1.4.11 on svn.

And for some odd reason, all steams playing under r22485 XBMC for Windows from sshcs.com is not working. But r22487 is working fine.

Note: some of the streams that have 1,000+ viewers might be slow and not play, keep clicking until it does.

- darkpollo - 2009-08-29

last plugin update is not working well...
the stream starts and stop every second, and for start again i need to press the pause button each time...
impossible to watch anything.

This does not happen with previous versions.

Thanks

- stacked - 2009-08-29

darkpollo Wrote:last plugin update is not working well...
the stream starts and stop every second, and for start again i need to press the pause button each time...
impossible to watch anything.

This does not happen with previous versions.

Thanks

There is nothing much I can do. Remember that plugins are made to scrape video urls from a website and XBMC plays the urls. The plugin has no influence on how the video plays or the quality of the video. The video playback is all determined by your internet connection, the justin.tv stream severs, and the justin.tv broadcaster. There should be no differences in streaming between plugin versions. Usually when the justin.tv servers are congested or slow, it's hard to get connected to a stream within XBMC.

- he6rt6gr6m - 2009-08-30

Christ. They dont hang about releasing builds over there, do they?

I think Ill stick with T3CH for now, and just put up with it saying its incompatable. I spent almost 2 Hours messing with it yesterday, missed all of the Footy, so Ill get it done when Ive got more patience and time. Smile

Thanks for the assistance though, Stacked.

- he6rt6gr6m - 2009-09-05

Plug in Working fine for me now. Good work.

Howto restream justin.tv over UPnP ? - tester777 - 2009-09-06

Hello,

really a great plugin!!!

On my PC in XBMC it works really fine... But how can I re-stream it (with transcoding) to an UPnP-Compatible player in my network?

How can it become a "Video source" for the UPnP-Server in XBMC ?

Thanks a lot for any hint,
Sven

- stacked - 2009-09-07

tester777 Wrote:Hello,

really a great plugin!!!

On my PC in XBMC it works really fine... But how can I re-stream it (with transcoding) to an UPnP-Compatible player in my network?

How can it become a "Video source" for the UPnP-Server in XBMC ?

Thanks a lot for any hint,
Sven

I don't think that's possible to do within XBMC using a plugin or script.

- philter - 2009-09-13

Can this plugin play saved urls? Justin.tv has the feature to let you mark a position in the stream and come back to that URL later and start watching from that position...can this plugin play that?

- stacked - 2009-09-13

philter Wrote:Can this plugin play saved urls? Justin.tv has the feature to let you mark a position in the stream and come back to that URL later and start watching from that position...can this plugin play that?

No. I couldn't find a way to recreate that feature in the plugin. It might be possible add support to view the channel's clips, but I haven't found time to do so.

- Pabs - 2009-09-15

I'm really lost.

I just cant seem to get justin.tv to work anymore. When it starts it says i need to upgrade, but according to svn the new version is incompatable.

In a nutshell, what version of XBMC do i need on my xbox to get the justin.tv plugin, new or old version, to work properly?

I can get the plugin to start, and one stream to work, (sometimes) then when i try to change it to another stream it just crashes the system.

Sorry if i'm a bit of a noob, but it took me ages to get my xbox to this stage, and i watched the justin.tv plugin all the time, and now all i can really do with the box is stream my media to my tv....which i could have done with an s-video cable! If i'm honest a lot of the plugins seem to have problems for me.

Any advice is really welcome! I really want my box to work, especially justin.tv and movie plugins! Sad

Thanks loads. Smile

Paul.

- whufclee - 2009-09-15

Can only comment on xbox platform, not sure what you are on but...

I've got 4 xboxes here all running on different builds but justin.tv is working on all of them (the oldest build is one of the nightly builds from about a month ago so if yours is older than that maybe you need to update xbmc). I did have a slight problem with justin.tv a few days ago, updated it from the svn installer but it didn't work for some reason so I installed from the xbmczone insaller plugin and all was fine. As for movie plugins there are plenty out there but they keep changing their website structures which means the plugin breaks but usually the plugin author is on the case to fix it pretty quickly, personally I'd recommend nixa's great watchnewfilms plugin, just do a search.