Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Justin.tv (Video) Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=51981)

- ill.die.trying - 2012-01-07

newatv2user Wrote:So you have both divingmule's and the other one installed?

"ERROR: Unknown option jtv"

Your librtmp is not updated.

Make sure to replace the librtmp with a newer one. Search this thread for instruction.

i will double check the librtmp though i got it from the link in this thread,

again thanks for all the help,

- ill.die.trying - 2012-01-07

well, i was able to make it work on my friends atv 2, thanks for all the help xbmc gurus

- Beerchutney - 2012-01-07

Firstly please bear with me. I have added a few add ons to my ATV2 which I just got going a few days ago. I would really like to get this Justin.TV add on and have read through this entire thread. I see the link in divingmule's post for the add on, and have read for ATV2 it needs the librtmp updated, and saw a link to that as well. Could someone assist me in how I update this librtmp to the repo? Sorry I know this is probably basic for most, but Im just learning.

- divingmule - 2012-01-07

newatv2user Wrote:So you have both divingmule's and the other one installed?

"ERROR: Unknown option jtv"

Your librtmp is not updated.

Make sure to replace the librtmp with a newer one. Search this thread for instruction.

Thanks for helping Smile

- divingmule - 2012-01-07

fashric Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I edited the line you suggested but unfortunately the same problem persists. Do you think it will be possible to fix it in future?

I think it might be. Can you give me some channel names that don't work.

- dan653 - 2012-01-11

Great work divingmule.

I've got a question about usage...

Device: ATV2
XBMC: Eden
Plugin: JTV 0.2.2

When I select a channel from my favourites (that isn't currently live) should it show me a list of the archived shows?

Currently it pops up saying "Opening stream.." then a little box in the corner saying "Live data not found - Checking for archives" and then just stops, it doesn't actually scrape the channel archive and display the history.

I can't see anything actually going wrong in the log...
http://pastebin.com/f0eDTmma

In order to actually view the archived stuff for a channel you have to hold "Menu" and manually select "Get Channel Archives" so it's working, it just doesn't seem to pulling the history once it finds out the channel isn't currently live.

- Waqs - 2012-01-11

Hi All,

I'm a fairly new xbmc user and struggling with this addon. I'm running Xbmc Eden (nightly) on a intel htpc, I have a number of working addons YouTube etc. but each time I run this addon i get the error unknow option jtv.

I understand I need to update librtmp but don't know
Where to download from and in which location I need to install it on my machine, if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

- divingmule - 2012-01-12

Waqs Wrote:I understand I need to update librtmp but don't know
Where to download from and in which location I need to install it on my machine, if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.

We need to know what OS your using.

- Waqs - 2012-01-12

Hi Divingmule, I'm running XBMC Live (Ubuntu), updated to the current Eden Nightly. I've followed your instructions on building librtmp:

git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump
cd rtmpdump
make
sudo make install

It build and installs without error, however I still get the option unknown jtv error.

- divingmule - 2012-01-12

Waqs Wrote:Hi Divingmule, I'm running XBMC Live (Ubuntu), updated to the current Eden Nightly. I've followed your instructions on building librtmp:

cd rtmpdump
make
sudo make install

It build and installs without error, however I still get the option unknown jtv error.

Yeah, I updated my Ubuntu box to Eden the other day and started getting the same. I'm not sure if this is proper but what I did was copy the librtmp.so.0 from rtmpdump/librtmp/ to the /usr/share/xbmc dvdplayer directory. For me on Ubuntu I did -
Code:
sudo cp ~/rtmpdump/librtmp/librtmp.so.0 /usr/share/xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/

I would think XBMC Live would be the same but I'm not sure.

- Waqs - 2012-01-12

That worked!!! Thanks so much, awesome addon

- koollayed - 2012-01-13

I Love this plugin but is there away to add your own stream to the list directly?

- castortray - 2012-01-13

Waqs Wrote:Hi Divingmule, I'm running XBMC Live (Ubuntu), updated to the current Eden Nightly. I've followed your instructions on building librtmp:

cd rtmpdump
make
sudo make install

Is this also work for atv2 ?

- divingmule - 2012-01-14

castortray Wrote:Is this also work for atv2 ?

I don't think so, see post 404.

- divingmule - 2012-01-14

dan653 Wrote:Great work divingmule.

I've got a question about usage...

Device: ATV2
XBMC: Eden
Plugin: JTV 0.2.2

When I select a channel from my favourites (that isn't currently live) should it show me a list of the archived shows?

Currently it pops up saying "Opening stream.." then a little box in the corner saying "Live data not found - Checking for archives" and then just stops, it doesn't actually scrape the channel archive and display the history.

I can't see anything actually going wrong in the log...
http://pastebin.com/f0eDTmma

In order to actually view the archived stuff for a channel you have to hold "Menu" and manually select "Get Channel Archives" so it's working, it just doesn't seem to pulling the history once it finds out the channel isn't currently live.

Yeah, that was my original plan but it's not going to work Sad I will change the notice in the next update.

@koollayed, you could save to your favorites, or we could mod the default.py.