Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC! (/showthread.php?tid=52034)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- johnnyrichter - 2010-01-22

Just tried installing this and it didn't seem to work. I'm running most recent T3CH build of XBMC on my xbox, with PM3HD as my skin.

I copied the contents of the 4 folders in the rar in the first post, to the 4 folders in skins/PM3.HD/. Now when I go to weather, then settings...the screen is blank, I can only see what I have highlighted. Why is it doing this?

Also, that seems to be the only difference after moving those files to the pm3hd directory. I'm not seeing anything new about my weather, looks like the regular old XBMC weather...and yes, the plugin is set in the weather settings.

What am I doing wrong? The first post isn't really noob-friendly, truth be told.

- ronie - 2010-01-22

johnnyrichter Wrote:What am I doing wrong?
the files are for (and will only work with) Confluence.
johnnyrichter Wrote:The first post isn't really noob-friendly, truth be told.
the info in the first post is meant for skinners, not end-users.

- johnnyrichter - 2010-01-22

Nuka1195 Wrote:Here is a link to the files for PMIII (not finished, but you can get ideas, won't look exactly as the below pictures): http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/packages/skin/Project Mayhem III - Weather.zip

It looks like he put "PMIII" there, not Confluence.

And even though the majority of the first post is for skinners, what little is there for normal end-users isn't very user-friendly. There's doesn't seem to be a step-by-step guide on how to install this plugin. I messed with it for 2ish hours last night before deleting it all and giving up.

- ronie - 2010-01-23

johnnyrichter Wrote:It looks like he put "PMIII" there, not Confluence.

i stand corrected. ;-)

johnnyrichter Wrote:And even though the majority of the first post is for skinners, what little is there for normal end-users isn't very user-friendly. There's doesn't seem to be a step-by-step guide on how to install this plugin. I messed with it for 2ish hours last night before deleting it all and giving up.

you just install the plugin using the svn repo installer and select it in weather settings.
no further setup needed...

it depends on the skin you're using whether it uses the plugin or not.
there's a mod for Confluence available and Transparency! also supports weather.com plus.
if you use any other skin, you're out of luck (as far as i know).

the PMIII files in the first post are provided to skinners to get the idea what they can do with this plugin in their skin.

- Goga777 - 2010-08-10

is there working version of Weather.com Plus Plugin for current svn xbmc version with new addons api ?

- tmc701 - 2010-08-13

not yet, as far as I know, but I'm also interested in seeing this updated for Dharma.

- KidVulcan - 2010-08-17

As am I

- sgeoxd - 2010-08-31

Now that Dharma is Beta...

Has anyone successfully attempted the necessary modification of the existing script to make it an addon? What/who do we need to contact or work on to get this thing updated and working?

- handsomepete - 2010-09-07

I'm in the middle of attempting to get this to work. I have very little experience. I have no way of testing yet until I get home from work.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-09-07

i have it working, just some scraping has changed so if you want to finish the scraping let me know and i'll pass it on.

only to someone who wants to finish it.

- cg5150 - 2010-09-19

Nuka1195 Wrote:i have it working, just some scraping has changed so if you want to finish the scraping let me know and i'll pass it on.

only to someone who wants to finish it.

Has anyone done this? This script is so much better than the standard Weather.com add-on. If I knew how to do it, I'd do it myself.

If not - would anyone be willing?

nice plugin.... - hogfan - 2010-09-21

Is this plugin still being worked on? I'd love to see this in the new addon manager. Way better than the standard Weather.com plugin. I love the radars.

-hogfan

Revision not being detected - Ozpicious - 2010-10-06

Can anyone help me get this working properly on confluence I'm unable to install the map icon pack in the settings whenever I try to click the "Install map icon pack (10mb-30mb)RunScript{$CWD/r..." nothing happens and my weather page remains as the default layout instead of plus.

The error I am recieving in the the xbmc.log is:
Code:
11:52:18 M: 39821312  NOTICE: [PLUGIN] 'weather.com plus: Version - 1.3.1-r' initialized!
11:52:18 M: 39780352  NOTICE:      ** Required XBMC Revision: r21010 **
11:52:18 M: 39780352  NOTICE:      ** Found XBMC Revision: r0 [Unknown] **
I have tried fresh installing the latest stable build and also the latest night release svn builds along with the weather.com plus plugin to no luck.

Can anybody help me solve this as I would obviously much prefer the weather.com plus page layout and extra forecasts. Eek

Abandoned - hogfan - 2010-10-15

It looks like this plugin has been abandoned. No new updates in a long time. It's too bad because It looks like a great plugin. I was never able to try it out because I was on Camelot stable build when it was developed.

-hogfan

- idlehands - 2010-12-09

still abandoned?