Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC! - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Weather Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=155)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Weather.com Plus Plugin - skinnable via the new Weather Plugin API in XBMC! (/showthread.php?tid=52034)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- ex_directory - 2010-01-12

ronie Wrote:daily.%d.Outlook / OutlookIcon / FanartCode should match i guess, but Current.FanartCode might be different due to the fact it's based on the actual weather condition, instead of the forecast.

at least that's what i make of it. ;-)

I see, so Hourly.1. is like in an hour then possibly? I guess there isn't a Current.Outlook to match the icon?

ronie Wrote:btw. i've figured out a way to save the selected map, so the correct map will be loaded after a reboot. just let me know if you're interested in the code.

Dude - your a star! That would be great. Actually I owe you double thanks as it was looking in your skin that solved my rain/snow problem!! Do you know who originally developed the weather animated icons you use (which I use too), some folders like rain/snow have no animation. There is a lot of rain/snow in the UK at the moment!! Ex

- ronie - 2010-01-12

ex_directory Wrote:I see, so Hourly.1. is like in an hour then possibly? I guess there isn't a Current.Outlook to match the icon?

Current.Condition should do the trick.

ex_directory Wrote:Dude - your a star! That would be great.

assuming you're using Nuka's map selection list (or something similar), just add the line in bold to each item:
Code:
<item>
    <label>$INFO[Window.Property(MapList.1.MapLabel.1)]</label>
    <onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(MapList.1.MapOnclick.1)]</onclick>
    [b]<onclick>Skin.SetString(TWC.DefaultMap,$INFO[Window.Property(MapList.1.MapLabel.1)])</onclick>[/b]
    <visible>!IsEmpty(Window.Property(MapList.1.MapLabel.1))</visible>
</item>
this saves the selected map to a skin string and will be loaded by the plugin after a restart.

ex_directory Wrote:Actually I owe you double thanks as it was looking in your skin that solved my rain/snow problem!! Do you know who originally developed the weather animated icons you use (which I use too), some folders like rain/snow have no animation. There is a lot of rain/snow in the UK at the moment!! Ex

Silverxxx made them, i got them in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52053

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-12

i'm not sure what you're doing ronnie, but the plugin uses skin.string(TWC.DefaultMap) to load a default map on reboot.

- ronie - 2010-01-12

Nuka1195 Wrote:i'm not sure what you're doing ronnie, but the plugin uses skin.string(TWC.DefaultMap) to load a default map on reboot.

i'm trying to do the same.
i just missed the fact the script already had support for it.

* ronie must read the first post more often:
Quote:"TWC.DefaultMap": used by plugin to download user selected default map(skins must support a way to set this for this to work)

edit:
i've updated my previous post accordingly.

- ex_directory - 2010-01-12

Ronie, thanks will have a play tonight.

I see from the info labels section of the XBMC wiki the following:

Code:
Window(Weather).Property(key)      The weather window has the following info labels.

Location, Updated, Current.Condition, Current.Temperature, Current.FeelsLike, Current.UVIndex, Current.Wind, Current.DewPoint, Current.Humidity, Day0.Title, Day0.HighTemp, Day0.LowTemp, Day0.Outlook, Day1.Title, Day1.HighTemp, Day1.LowTemp, Day1.Outlook, Day2.Title, Day2.HighTemp, Day2.LowTemp, Day2.Outlook, Day3.Title, Day3.HighTemp, Day3.LowTemp, Day3.Outlook

And also

Code:
Window(Weather).Property(key)      The weather window has the following info images.

Current.ConditionIcon, Day0.OutlookIcon, Day1.OutlookIcon, Day2.OutlookIcon, Day3.OutlookIcon, Current.FanartCode, Day0.FanartCode, Day1.FanartCode, Day2.FanartCode, Day3.FanartCode

Am I right in thinking that these values are not populated by Nuka's plugin and this is done by XBMC itself? i.e. Is XBMC screen scraping a site somewhere for this info? If so, is it also TWC?

- ronie - 2010-01-12

ex_directory Wrote:Am I right in thinking that these values are not populated by Nuka's plugin and this is done by XBMC itself? i.e. Is XBMC screen scraping a site somewhere for this info? If so, is it also TWC?

yep, those labels are also available without the plugin.
xbmc also fetches the info from weather.com.

- ex_directory - 2010-01-13

Now have all my icons, and the weather matches the picture. Hoorah!

Radar map also saves - hoorah!

Radar map for UK is outdated - doh! Seems TWC don't support the UK well, if you use default map 7 you get a nice UK radar map of the UK in green and light purple instead of garish orange but the radar map is 2003!! I checked in TWC supplemental (local section) and it is the same there. Could someone else confirm this is the same for them too.

You have to select NorthWest Europe for the nearest to UK, and this is only a single image, therefore the best option at the moment is the whole of Europe in bright orange but at least it is multiple images Sad

I never did get sunrise/sunset working either using Hourly.%h.

Thanks to Ronie and Nuka for getting me this far though. Still loving this plugin.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-13

the sunrise/sunset only show for the period they are in.

eg. sunrise is 8:10am, only the hourly.%d.sunrise for 8:00 am will have a value.

check out the confluence skin mod for all the options and tricks available for skinning.

- paco - 2010-01-13

Is there any way to make this work with Mediastream_Redux? I used to use the TWC Supplemental Script but the 36 Hour View has broken in the past few days (It sits there saying 'Fetching 36 Hour Forecast'). All the other views still work.

Although Confluence is similar to Mediastream_Redux, I still prefer the latter.

- Dotan - 2010-01-16

Can i use it with transparency?

- eddard - 2010-01-16

paco Wrote:Is there any way to make this work with Mediastream_Redux? I used to use the TWC Supplemental Script but the 36 Hour View has broken in the past few days (It sits there saying 'Fetching 36 Hour Forecast'). All the other views still work.

Although Confluence is similar to Mediastream_Redux, I still prefer the latter.

I am having the same problem running aenima99x's MediaStream_Redux_Mod.

- ronie - 2010-01-16

seeing the same here with v1.3.1 and Confluence mod, fails to fetch 36 hour forecast.
i'm also having trouble in finding a location that has a forecast video available....could it be broken?

- Nuka1195 - 2010-01-17

theres no more 36 hour forecast. i'm waiting to see what other changes they do before i change it. it might be changed to "tomorrows forecast"

- olympia - 2010-01-17

Awesome Nuka!

I am just getting settled after my move (you may remember I mentioned to you), so I 've just tried out the Confluence skin mod.

It's so cute, thank you very much!

- ronie - 2010-01-17

Nuka1195 Wrote:theres no more 36 hour forecast.

cheers nuka,
just finished coding the hourly and 10 day forecast pages for Transparency! and was about to start with the 36 hour forecast. guess i won't bother then. :-)

can anyone confirm the weather videos are still working for them?
i'd like to add them as well, but can't find a location to test with...