Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-2009 - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Announcements, Info, and General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: XBMC General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-2009 (/showthread.php?tid=52039)
Design a XBMC poster for LinuxTag - This one week contest ends 24:00 GMT 6/6-2009 - jmarshall - 2009-06-01 02:19
As you know, team XBMC is going to have a booth at Linuxtag in Berlin in 3 weeks time.
We know we have the best looking HTPC app, but we need to showcase that by having the best looking booth at the show as well!
Our current thinking is white on black. Plaster the booth in black to differentiate from all the other booths, and have white on black posters (perhaps with a bit of colour thrown in for good measure) extolling the virtues of XBMC - perhaps with some giant blown up screenshots and the like. We hope to either have a beamer or TV there with XBMC running on it as well.
So we need some poster designs from you guys, by the end of the week. The contest ends at GMT24:00 on 6 June, 2009. The prize is the glory of thousands of people seeing your design at the show (plus, we'll send you a couple of posters for your walls). Some ideas:
1. Incorporate the plain text version of the XBMC logo.
2. Perhaps some short slogans of what XBMC is about.
3. Maybe a few with the web URL on it.
4. A cloud with the names of the opensource projects we rely on, with XBMC in the middle (bigger text for bigger projects?)
5. Incorporate screenshots from your favourite skins.
Other things we need for the booth:
1. T-shirts for each of us to wear - once again we're thinking white on black. Come up with a good design, and we'll wear it and send you a shirt or two as well
2. Some flyers/pamplets to hand out at the show - an idea is an A4 flyer with a white on black logo across the top, and a bit of text + some screenshots underneath.
- joebrady - 2009-06-04 08:09
Incomplete, w/ borrowed images from the community....
the word free always catches your eye at a convention.
- ccMatrix - 2009-06-04 19:06
I originally created a image for a Case Badge using Inkscape and used the design for a Poster. You can use the badge design for shirts as well.
SVG file is available for both designs.
- jmarshall - 2009-06-04 22:47
- joebrady - 2009-06-05 07:14
thought I would play some more
- akiaki - 2009-06-05 10:46
here's my go at it..
- jmarshall - 2009-06-06 01:41
xbmc posters - lordxenosi - 2009-06-07 00:48
Here's my two poster ideas. Images from the community using MediaStream skin. Another idea I had but couldn't put into an image would be to make the text a metallic silver, though that would require special paint/ink.
- jmarshall - 2009-06-07 08:13
Here's my effort, thanks to pike for the idea, and AlTheKiller for computing the relative size in the codebase...
- Gamester17 - 2009-06-07 14:50
Free and Open Source Software" (as in FOSS) "Media Center Application"