Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- spudbert - 2009-06-19

ronie Wrote:The skin has no influence on those controls, so it's probably an xbmc bug.
Just tried it with Transparency! & PM3.HD and it didn't work with both skins.

Ah yes... I forgot about the xbmc change to daily builds when I changed to transparency. Sorry about that.

Another question... is it possible to change the location of the OSD from the middle of the screen? I like how other skins have it on the side or bottom of the screen so that it doesn't really block the picture.

- aaronjb - 2009-06-19

This post will serve no purpose other than to say - thank you, for creating this fantastic skin Smile

So far it's the most responsive skin I've used (bar the default one, of course) on XBMC on my Mac Mini - where the last gen Intel GMA950 GPU really hampers other skins like Aeon & MiniMeedia, Transparency! is smooth as silk and wonderfully responsive to my commands.

So it just became my primary skin.. Smile

Thanks for all your work!

/Aaron

- ronie - 2009-06-19

spudbert Wrote:Ah yes... I forgot about the xbmc change to daily builds when I changed to transparency. Sorry about that.

No problem, i've just tried a couple of older builds and it stopped working somewhere between svn r20834 and r21046. I'll create a ticket for it.

spudbert Wrote:Another question... is it possible to change the location of the OSD from the middle of the screen? I like how other skins have it on the side or bottom of the screen so that it doesn't really block the picture.

Sure, i've got several requests for this. So it's likely to change in the near future. ;-)

edit: ticket created

- Amra - 2009-06-20

aaronjb Wrote:This post will serve no purpose other than to say - thank you, for creating this fantastic skin Smile

So far it's the most responsive skin I've used (bar the default one, of course) on XBMC on my Mac Mini - where the last gen Intel GMA950 GPU really hampers other skins like Aeon & MiniMeedia, Transparency! is smooth as silk and wonderfully responsive to my commands.

So it just became my primary skin.. Smile

Thanks for all your work!

What he said. Nod It's a great skin. Thanks!

- Burncycle - 2009-06-20

Good looking skin! It's off to a great start.

One thing I've been doing to a bunch of skins I download is a home screen button labeled "Trailers" that launches the Apple Movie Trailers script. Since you account for a bunch of home screen customization, you may think about adding the option with a file browser so people can point it to the default.py. I know a bunch of people would appreciate it.

- aart - 2009-06-20

looks great bro!

- ronie - 2009-06-20

maocul Wrote:[*]Harping on with media info here. I think having that info also on the OSD would be useful. I have found times when my audio equipment has needed a switch of setting to accomodate the encoding of a file, I know that info is readily available in other places already, but being able to bring up the OSD and check what formats are currently being used could be handy.

it's possible :-)

- TerranQ - 2009-06-20

Sort of a nitpick:

I'd suggest altering the font colouring (maybe the font as well?). The neon green fits well with PM3, but it is kind of jarring with Transparency.

Other than that, well done!

- ronie - 2009-06-20

TerranQ Wrote:Sort of a nitpick:

I'd suggest altering the font colouring (maybe the font as well?). The neon green fits well with PM3, but it is kind of jarring with Transparency.

Other than that, well done!

It's been on my mind since day one to change the color scheme of the skin, preferably to blue or something. I've had a few go's at it, but failed miserably each time.
I even tried to make it all black/white/grey but that turned out rather dull.
Changing the color of the skin will be a lot of work, not only the font color has to be changed, but also a lot of textures will have to be modified or recreated.

Anyway, i'm not opposed to it and in time, if i can get right i will change it to something else. And as always, if anyone's willing to step in, please let me know.

- ronie - 2009-06-20

Burncycle Wrote:Good looking skin! It's off to a great start.

One thing I've been doing to a bunch of skins I download is a home screen button labeled "Trailers" that launches the Apple Movie Trailers script. Since you account for a bunch of home screen customization, you may think about adding the option with a file browser so people can point it to the default.py. I know a bunch of people would appreciate it.

Thanx for the suggestion, i'll make an option to add Apple Movie Trailers to the home menu.

- maocul - 2009-06-20

ronie Wrote:it's possible :-)

*snip
I love it when a plan comes together!!!

- bidossessi - 2009-06-20

ronie Wrote:I'll gladly take your offer Homey !!
Changing the fonts is something i'd like to do, but there's tons of other things on my todo list as well. So any help is appreciated.
As for the fonts, please check Gamester17's reply. Using a certain font should not violate any copyright regulations whatsoever.

If you could use a font that would work with east-asian languages, i'd REALLY appreciate it.

- bidossessi - 2009-06-20

Ronie, your skin simply ROCKS. i actually dumped Aeon for this and minimeedia!!!
Would you consider the ClearArt TV icons project being worked on by Reaven for inclusion? it could pop up on "pause" and on "info" press during playback.

- ronie - 2009-06-20

bidossessi Wrote:Ronie, your skin simply ROCKS. i actually dumped Aeon for this and minimeedia!!!
Would you consider the ClearArt TV icons project being worked on by Reaven for inclusion? it could pop up on "pause" and on "info" press during playback.

I've added the clearart mod last week to the version i'm currently working on, so yes it'll be in the next release. ;-)

- ronie - 2009-06-20

maocul Wrote:I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Better make that a double!!