Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-06-24

maocul Wrote:Personally I'd say that the user needs to invoke the trailer.

user interaction would mean we'd have to 'abuse' one of the available controls:
-up (move up in list)
-down (move down in list)
-left (slide out the left menu)
-right (navigate to scrollbar)
-info (show video info dialog)
-menu (show the context menu)

any other i've missed ?

maocul Wrote:For me placement is the concern. Aeon had a perfectly good place for the trailer to sit and not get in the way, whereas Transparency! does not (at least not to my unimaginative eyes!). Is it possible for the trailer to "animate" into view when called or does there have to be a specific location for it to sit?

the preview window could be on the center of the screen, the space between the dvd cover on the left and the movie list on the right.
animations should be possible.

keep in mind, these are all suggestions. none have been tested to see if they actually work.

- maocul - 2009-06-24

ronie Wrote:user interaction would mean we'd have to 'abuse' one of the available controls:
-up (move up in list)
-down (move down in list)
-left (slide out the left menu)
-right (navigate to scrollbar)
-info (show video info dialog)
-menu (show the context menu)

any other i've missed ?

In my head we are talking about the fanart view so left or right make the most sense to me. But that really is based on my personal use. I don't use the scroll bar that much. Would it be possible to move the scrol bar to the left of the list so that 1 press left gives you the scroll bar, a 2nd gives you the menu. Then press right to view the trailer.

ronie Wrote:the preview window could be on the center of the screen, the space between the dvd cover on the left and the movie list on the right.
animations should be possible.
just had a quick look and that would make sense. looks like a fair amount of the screen estate could be used.

Probably pushing it now, but if that DID happen would you be able to scroll through other movies whilst the trailer continued to play (and stay visible)??

ronie Wrote:keep in mind, these are all suggestions. none have been tested to see if they actually work.

And until the do work sleep and a real life will be a thing of the past!!! Big Grin

- daje - 2009-06-24

ronie Wrote:i think pcm streams could best be represented by a .wav logo?
you can find one in the skin: Transparency!/media/flags/music/audiocodec/wav.png

Of course Smile Why didn't i think of that? Thanks!

ronie Wrote:do you, by any change, know what value ListItem.AudioCodec returns for those pcm streams?
the next version will support pcm_s16le & pcm_u8, but if there's some others i'd like to know.

I'm not sure what the xbmc scanner returns, don't know how to check it? The values I'm gonna use are those stored in movie.nfo created by mediainfoplus. But I can check those nfo-files when I get home from work if you want?

Keep up the good work with the skin, and you listening to and helping your users as evidenced by this thread is very mush appreciated Smile

- ronie - 2009-06-24

daje Wrote:But I can check those nfo-files when I get home from work if you want?

please do, than i can include those as well.

Keep up the good work with the skin, and you listening to and helping your users as evidenced by this thread is very mush appreciated Smile[/quote]

cheers and same to everyone of you. all feedback is very welcome. :-)

- daje - 2009-06-24

It just says PCM, no more.
From <streamdetails>:
<audio>
<language />
<codec>PCM</codec>
<channels>2</channels>
<bitrate>1 536 Kbps</bitrate>
</audio>

And the Studio tag:
<studio> / 576p / / PCM / 2ch / </studio>

- ronie - 2009-06-24

daje Wrote:It just says PCM, no more.

cool, thanx. that's all i needed to know. :-)

- Waffa - 2009-06-25

Hey Ronie, take a look to this thread.!!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53396

Think you like it.Nod

- ronie - 2009-06-25

Waffa Wrote:Hey Ronie, take a look to this thread.!!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53396

Think you like it.Nod

it was already on my radar ;-)

- ronie - 2009-06-25

maocul Wrote:Probably pushing it now, but if that DID happen would you be able to scroll through other movies whilst the trailer continued to play (and stay visible)??

i have no clue, but i know ekim232 is trying to implement it in his The Operation mod, but according to this and this thread it's not easy.

- ronie - 2009-06-25

Transparency! v0.27 now available

Just nine days after the previous release, Transparency! v0.27 is up for download here.

First, a BIG thanx to dynamix for his offer to host Transparency! v0.27.

Here we go, i think i've managed to fix all bugs that were reported and implemented almost all of your requests.
There's a long list of 50 fixes/changes/additions included in the changelog file, but i don't expect anyone to read it,
so here's a summary of the most important ones:

Fixed:
- left menu is now mouse compatible

New features:
- added cdart with animations
- added option to show clearart for episodes

Media Flags:
- media flags are now available in all views and on the info window during playback
- several media info flags were added
- changed source detection, it should now look at the filename first
- added a trailer flag in fanart view to indicate if a movie trailer is available
- watched / unwatched flag in all views

Home Menu:
- you have now the option to use Videos in Filemode
- you can also add Video Plugins and Apple Movie Trailers to the Home Menu
- the Game button now takes you to the 'Games' folder, if present

Fanart:
- added fanart workaround for Games and Programs
- show fanart instead of music visualization while playing music
- show fanart of currently playing artist in Now Playing

Other:
- added finish time to fullscreen info window
- added folder icons for studios / director / year
- added separator between listitems
- dim screen on shutdown

Todo:
- enjoy my summer holiday for a short while
- slide view (it was requested a long time ago, but needs more work)
- start trailers from fanart view (if possible)

- ronie - 2009-06-25

How to enable all those new features in Transparency!

ClearArt
ClearArt will show a transparent icon in the corner of the screen when you pause a tv show or bring up the info window.
You can enable this featurein this way: Settings > Skin Settings > General > Enable ClearArt for TV Show Episodes
Also enter the path to your main TV Shows folder below.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/TV Shows)
Put a semi-transparent image of a certain TV Show in the folder of that TV Show. The filename of the image should be: clearart.png
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/TV Shows/House/clearart.png)

- more info on ClearArt
- download tv show images, ready for use: here

note: it now also shows 'finished time' and media flags, as requested.

cdArt
cdArt will show a spinning cd during playback in the fullscreen info window.
I've added a lot of animations to this, so on window open thecd will slide out of the case and start spinning.
on pause it'll slowdown to a full stop. if you use forward the cd will spin faster (and even much faster and faster on forward 2x 4x 8x 16 and 32x)
the same happens on reverse, but in the opposite direction of course. on window close, the cd will stop spinning and slide back in the cd case.
this feature is enabled by default and will use a blank cd if no custom cd images are available.
if you want to use your own images, go to Settings > Skin Settings > General > Music Folder Path and enter the path to your main Music folder.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music)
Next put a semi transparent cd image of a certain album in the folder of that album. The filename should be cdart.png
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music/Blink-182/Greatest Hits/cdart.png)
Note: this will only work if your directory structure is something like: Music/Artist/Album.

- more info on cdArt
- download cd images, ready for use: here
- watch a live demo to get the idea: here

Display fanart of the currently playing song in Now Playing / Visualisation Window / Home Screen
There were some requests for it, so i've figured out a workaround to make it possible.
Enable the feature here: Settings > Skin Settings > General > Change fanart on song change in Now Playing view
Also enter the path to your Music folder below (if you haven't already done so).
This feature will only work if there's a fanart.jpg image available in the artist folder.
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music/Blink-182/fanart.jpg)

You can also enable the same functionality to use fanart instead of the default visualisations xbmc will show during music playback.
Settings > Skin Settings > General > Use fanart instead of visualisation
again, enter the path to your Music folder below (if you haven't already done so).
(e.g. /home/xbmc/Media/Music)

Videos in Filemode
Some prefer the Video button on the main menu to take them to Video Files instead of Video Library.
This is now possible: Settings > Home window > Videos Menu - Use File Mode

Apple Movie Trailers on the Home Menu
Also a request for this feature was made. You can add the Trailers button by enabling it just like all the other Home Button options,
but you also have to enter the path to the Apple Movie Trailers script: Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Aplle Movie Trailers Path
And enter the path to the script. (e.g. /home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/Apple Movie Trailers)

Files Mode - Moseby99 - 2009-06-25

ronie Wrote:Transparency! v0.27 now available

Just nine days after the previous release, Transparency! v0.27 is up for download here.

I think i've managed to fix all bugs that were reported and implemented almost all of your requests.
There's a long list of 50 fixes/changes/additions included in the changelog file, but i don't expect anyone to read it,
so here's a summary of the most important ones:

Fixed:
- left menu is now mouse compatible

New features:
- added cdart with animations
- added option to show clearart for episodes

Media Flags:
- media flags are now available in all views and on the info window during playback
- several media info flags were added
- changed source detection, it should now look at the filename first
- added a trailer flag in fanart view to indicate if a movie trailer is available
- watched / unwatched flag in all views

Home Menu:
- you have now the option to use Videos in Filemode
- you can also add Video Plugins and Apple Movie Trailers to the Home Menu
- the Game button now takes you to the 'Games' folder, if present

Fanart:
- added fanart workaround for Games and Programs
- show fanart instead of music visualization while playing music
- show fanart of currently playing artist in Now Playing

Other:
- added finish time to fullscreen info window
- added folder icons for studios / director / year
- added separator between listitems
- dim screen on shutdown

Todo:
- enjoy my summer holiday for a short while
- slide view (it was requested a long time ago, but needs more work)
- start trailers from fanart view (if possible)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for implementing the files mode!!!!!!

- dynamix - 2009-06-25

I'm very excited to check out the new update, thanks ronie!

On a sidenote: I've read your pm. Will come back to that asap.

Download is busted - Moseby99 - 2009-06-25

Moseby99 Wrote:THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for implementing the files mode!!!!!!

After several attempts the download fails (Doesn't complete) I only got 12 megs the last time.

- ronie - 2009-06-25

Moseby99 Wrote:After several attempts the download fails (Doesn't complete) I only got 12 megs the last time.

Check your PM for another download link. ;-)

edit: or try again now...