Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- z][ggy - 2009-06-27

whats the easy way to get hold of cd art as a big prtion of my colection is david bowie lol I know there are sites to get the art from but do i need any extra programs to make it work in the skin?

- thecubical - 2009-06-27

i've noticed a bug with the media flagging

when viewing my movies form the main view with fanart enabled it correctly shows them as 720p however if i start to play the movie and then bring up the media information it says it is 420 or something around there.

Haven't tried it on tv shows

- ronie - 2009-06-27

thecubical Wrote:i've noticed a bug with the media flagging

when viewing my movies form the main view with fanart enabled it correctly shows them as 720p however if i start to play the movie and then bring up the media information it says it is 420 or something around there.

Haven't tried it on tv shows

yes, that's correct. it's a small bug in xbmc's code.
i've already mentioned it to CapnBry who's maintaining the code.

- ronie - 2009-06-27

z][ggy;359093 Wrote:whats the easy way to get hold of cd art as a big prtion of my colection is david bowie lol I know there are sites to get the art from but do i need any extra programs to make it work in the skin?

i'm not sure if there's an easy way, i think it will involve some serious manual labour.
other then this collection, i don't know of any links.

you could have a look a Media Info Plus, it has an option to download cd images,
but you still need to convert those to .png and rename to cdart.png

- bionic1234 - 2009-06-27

maybe a very small bug, Play DVD icon is always visible, I've added the following to my home.xml file.

Code:
<control type="button" id="22">
             <description>Play Disc Media push button</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>35</width>
    <height>35</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <aligny>-</aligny>
    <onclick>XBMC.PlayDVD()</onclick>
    <texturefocus>home-playmedia-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>home-playmedia.png</texturenofocus>
    <pulseonselect>true</pulseonselect>
    <onleft>9000</onleft>
    <onright>21</onright>
    <onup>9000</onup>
    <ondown>9000</ondown>
    <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
[b]    <visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible>[/b]
</control>

- treefour - 2009-06-27

Thanks for the update Ronie, this skin is great and keep getting better! It is by far my favorite.Nod
Cheers for the hardwork.Cool

- Rocky5 - 2009-06-27

Would it be possible if you could add an option to disable the media flags in all views bar fanart view as it slows down the xbox. There is just to much going on and a slow file system doesn't help.

- ronie - 2009-06-27

bionic1234 Wrote:maybe a very small bug, Play DVD icon is always visible, I've added the following to my home.xml file.

Code:
<control type="button" id="22">
             <description>Play Disc Media push button</description>
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>35</width>
    <height>35</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <aligny>-</aligny>
    <onclick>XBMC.PlayDVD()</onclick>
    <texturefocus>home-playmedia-focus.png</texturefocus>
    <texturenofocus>home-playmedia.png</texturenofocus>
    <pulseonselect>true</pulseonselect>
    <onleft>9000</onleft>
    <onright>21</onright>
    <onup>9000</onup>
    <ondown>9000</ondown>
    <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
[b]    <visible>System.HasMediaDVD</visible>[/b]
</control>

it will be gone and never to be seen again in the next version. ;-)

- ronie - 2009-06-27

Rocky5 Wrote:Would it be possible if you could add an option to disable the media flags in all views bar fanart view as it slows down the xbox. There is just to much going on and a slow file system doesn't help.

Maybe native media detection support will be added to xbox version of xbmc anytime soon ? This may speed things up a bit.
Also once both Media Info Plus and Ember Media Manager have released a new version with support for a compatible <steamdetails> section, i can drop about 95% of the matching rules i'm currently using and this could also speed things up.

Btw. if i test it on a linux machine there's no difference whatsoever with flags disabled or enabled. but of course things might be different on an xbox.

For now, you could just globally disable media flags: Settings > Skin Settings > Icons > Movie Media Icons

If you want to disable it in all views except for the fanart view (not sure if this is what you're asking) open Includes_MovieMediaFlags.xml and change line 43:

<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Enable_Moves_Media_Flags) + Container.Content(Movies) + ![Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(500)]</visible>

to <visible>false</visible>

and line 46:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(Enable_Movies_Media_Flags) + Container.Content(Movies) + [Control.IsVisible(51) | Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(58) | Control.IsVisible(500)]</visible>

to <visible>false</visible>

- ronie - 2009-06-27

A small add-on for Transparency! v0.27.

It's now possible to show a list of your recently added movies, episodes and albums on the home screen.

Download this mod here
and extract to two files to the 720p folder. (it will overwrite Home.xml)

more info in this thread.

Bigger fonts - ZIOLele - 2009-06-28

Is it possible to use bigger fonts?
I'm currently using this skin on a little 17" 16/9 pal TV... with the default fonts i can't read the infos...

keep up the work
:-D

ZIOLele

- ronie - 2009-06-28

ZIOLele Wrote:Is it possible to use bigger fonts?
I'm currently using this skin on a little 17" 16/9 pal TV... with the default fonts i can't read the infos...

keep up the work
:-D

ZIOLele

try these:
Settings > Appearance > Look & Feel > Fonts (pick one of the 4x3 fonts)

- Homey - 2009-06-28

Hey Ronie,
Thanks for the update!
Just downloaded the new version (.27) and it's all working ok but I've just been watching that YouTube clip of the spinning CD thing and I've realised that when I click on an individual song within an album (as on the vid clip) I DON'T get taken away to another screen! All that happens is that the song starts playing and I still stay on the same screen with the full list of the other songs on the album.
This means that I dont get to see the sexy spinning CD!! Shocked

Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, I know that this isnt a Transparency question but why does XBMC have to scan my photos (>5000!) everytime I select them?!

- ronie - 2009-06-28

Homey Wrote:Hey Ronie,
Thanks for the update!
Just downloaded the new version (.27) and it's all working ok but I've just been watching that YouTube clip of the spinning CD thing and I've realised that when I click on an individual song within an album (as on the vid clip) I DON'T get taken away to another screen! All that happens is that the song starts playing and I still stay on the same screen with the full list of the other songs on the album.
This means that I dont get to see the sexy spinning CD!! Shocked

Am I doing something wrong here?

nope, you'll have to switch to fullscreen to see it.
just hit <tab> on keyboard or whatever button you have mapped to fullscreen on your remote.

Homey Wrote:Also, I know that this isnt a Transparency question but why does XBMC have to scan my photos (>5000!) everytime I select them?!

just to make sure it's not a Transparency! issue, does this also happen with other skins, like PM3.HD ?
btw. how did you find out xbmc scans your photo's so many times ? is it in the xbmc log, or something ?

- m.savazzi - 2009-06-28

edit:
topic moved to here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53693
this issue is not related to Transparency!

cheers,
ronie