Kodi Community Forum
[Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: [Archive] Transparency! - v0.27 (/showthread.php?tid=52125)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

- ronie - 2009-07-01

francyboy Wrote:(Sorry for bad english : I'm Italian)
I have a small problem: I have a good collection of films and when i enter in the section devoted to them i can't find a movie quickly. I's possible to make the film button lead to tje genres list rather than to the film list? And you can include the kind "All movies"? In this way we can still access the list of all movies. Thank you and good work!

If you want the Movies button on the Home Menu to take you to the genre list, open Home.xml and change all occurrences of:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>
to:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,videodb://1/1/,return)</onclick>

However, it's not possible to add an 'All Movies' entry to the genres list.

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-01

Ronie,
Bug found: when I enter in the video are I'm always in the file list mode? even if last time I was in library.

with PM3.hd does not happen

If I swp from PM3 to Transparency it goes back always to file mode.

- ronie - 2009-07-01

thecubical Wrote:im using the 0.27a which shows the latest media on the home screen...noticed a small bug where it seems to be if an episode doesnt have a name it is given the name of the one above it that has a name.

it could be a bug in the script that parses to info from the database...this scripts has been updated a few times over the past week, so could you test it with the latest version?

just rename it to recently_added.py and replace it.

thecubical Wrote:Also not sure if this is possible but it would be nice to have some kind of skip to by letter function on the UI, I know I can enable this on teh remote but it would be cool if there was say an option where you select it and it brings up A-Z letters in a horozontal menu and u slide to which letter you want to skip to. This was in a meedio skin I used to use was quite a handy feature, specially if your remote doesnt have the numbers on the buttons.

i'm pretty sure that's not possible with xbmc, but if you'd like to have a function like this, feel free to request it in the feature suggestion forum.

- ronie - 2009-07-01

mfsav2 Wrote:Ronie,
Bug found: when I enter in the video are I'm always in the file list mode? even if last time I was in library.

with PM3.hd does not happen

If I swp from PM3 to Transparency it goes back always to file mode.

It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

You can get rid of this behaviour, by disabling it:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Videos Menu - Use file mode

- ronie - 2009-07-01

mfsav2 Wrote:I would love to have offline flag for all types but as a first outcome it would be nice even to distinguish between the offline dvd and the online content.

this is a sample directory structure I was using:

Directory of T:\test out\output 2\A Beautiful Mind (2001).offdvd

If there's a real need for offline flagging i will add it, but there has to be some discussion first on how to do it, what string to look for in the filename or foldername.

Adding a feature that only works for dvd's makes no sense imo. It should work for all media, bluray, hddvd, sdtv, hdtv, etc...

Maybe (just an idea) you could open a new thread in the General Discussion Forum, so you can get some input on how others are tagging their offline media and at the same time get some attention from other skins as well, cause it would be best if all skins would support this in the end.

lupick Wrote:yes it could be fine to have it in any screen... maybe with the clock in a top right corner of the screen

Is the a general need for this among xbox users?
There's already an option to show freemem on all pages, it's called debug mode.
I know this doesn't look great and is probably not what your looking for.
Another option is to check System Info once in a while if you're concerned about memory usage. I'm also willing to add it to the System Info on the home screen (the one that displays when the settings button has focus)...

What i'm worried about is if i just add every request we'll end up with a skin with about a hundred different options nobody uses...(well, only one person uses).

Again, if this really is a 'must have' among xbox users, i have no problem adding it.

- m.savazzi - 2009-07-01

ronie Wrote:It's not a bug, it's a feature ;-)

You can get rid of this behaviour, by disabling it:
Settings > Skin Settings > Home window > Videos Menu - Use file mode

silly me!

It's a feature, you're right!

- lupick - 2009-07-02

ronie Wrote:If there's a real need for offline flagging i will add it, but there has to be some discussion first on how to do it, what string to look for in the filename or foldername.

Adding a feature that only works for dvd's makes no sense imo. It should work for all media, bluray, hddvd, sdtv, hdtv, etc...

Maybe (just an idea) you could open a new thread in the General Discussion Forum, so you can get some input on how others are tagging their offline media and at the same time get some attention from other skins as well, cause it would be best if all skins would support this in the end.

Is the a general need for this among xbox users?
There's already an option to show freemem on all pages, it's called debug mode.
I know this doesn't look great and is probably not what your looking for.
Another option is to check System Info once in a while if you're concerned about memory usage. I'm also willing to add it to the System Info on the home screen (the one that displays when the settings button has focus)...

What i'm worried about is if i just add every request we'll end up with a skin with about a hundred different options nobody uses...(well, only one person uses).

Again, if this really is a 'must have' among xbox users, i have no problem adding it.

You are right but the debug mode looks really terrible. Any other xbox user need to check the memory consumption?
L.

- dynamix - 2009-07-02

lupick Wrote:You are right but the debug mode looks really terrible. Any other xbox user need to check the memory consumption?
L.

As mentioned before: no memory problems at all!

dynamix Wrote:For the record: I'm running it on my xbox in 720p with 1280x720 sized backdrops and having no memory issues at all. Last night i was listening to some music with the Vortex visual turned on... still being able to launch the Apple Movies Trailer script and browse the trailers Cool

BTW: I'm using nightly build 21183 (older then T3CH's latest build...)

- francyboy - 2009-07-02

ronie Wrote:If you want the Movies button on the Home Menu to take you to the genre list, open Home.xml and change all occurrences of:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>
to:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,videodb://1/1/,return)</onclick>

It works ! great

ronie Wrote:However, it's not possible to add an 'All Movies' entry to the genres list.

Nothing is impossible Big Grin :

I simply add the "All" genre to all my movie .

- thomash72 - 2009-07-02

Beacuse of this great skin I have spent 4 days now adding local fanart.jpg files to my full music collection Nod
A couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to introduce a Fanart view in "Now Playing Mode" to show even more of the fanart?
I am currently using the 'full list', but moving the text away from the centre of the screen may let the fanart shine even more ?

2. Is it possible for this skin to display locally stored fanart.jpg files also in library mode when these files are available?
Currently only a small subset of my artists are displaying fanart when in library mode (I guess these are the ones retrieved from the scraper) and the locally stored fanart.jpg files are not used.

- Greg. - 2009-07-02

[quote=hasselhof]

every time I go into my music via XBMC using Transparency with or without libray mode activated I get a Lock settings box appear see picture
Image[/img]

I get the same problem John, did you nail it down?

- ronie - 2009-07-02

thomash72 Wrote:Beacuse of this great skin I have spent 4 days now adding local fanart.jpg files to my full music collection Nod
A couple of questions:
1. Is it possible to introduce a Fanart view in "Now Playing Mode" to show even more of the fanart?
I am currently using the 'full list', but moving the text away from the centre of the screen may let the fanart shine even more ?

brilliant idea! i'll get to work on this right away!

thomash72 Wrote:2. Is it possible for this skin to display locally stored fanart.jpg files also in library mode when these files are available?
Currently only a small subset of my artists are displaying fanart when in library mode (I guess these are the ones retrieved from the scraper) and the locally stored fanart.jpg files are not used.

this shouldn't be necessary. now that your fanart is in place, the build-in scrapers will pick it up.

one option is to delete the music database and re-add your music collection.
another option would be to do it manually one-by-one. bring up the artist info dialog and select get fanart.

- nicoli_k - 2009-07-02

I've noticed that whenever I play a song from either my collection or lastfm and the visualization comes up, then whenever I exit the music section the background on the home screen is just black and so is the fanart in the movie section. Reloading the skin does not bring it back. I have to restart XBMC in order for the backgrounds to show correctly again.

I'm using an Xbox and have been using r21228 and just upgraded to r21333 and the issue is still there.

Here's a log of me starting XBMC, going to shoutcast and selecting the first station, starting the visualization, stopping the song, going back to the home screen, and entering the movie section.

also, the "Working please wait" graphic doesn't seem to be working. There's usually the rotating green circle thing, but now it's just a blank spot to the left of the text.

EDIT: After reading this, I realized it looks like nagging. I honestly don't mean for it to be that way. I'm just pointing out some things that aren't as polished as the rest of the skin so that it can become even more seamless. Thanks for all your work and this wonderful skin!

- thomash72 - 2009-07-02

ronie Wrote:this shouldn't be necessary. now that your fanart is in place, the build-in scrapers will pick it up.

one option is to delete the music database and re-add your music collection.
another option would be to do it manually one-by-one. bring up the artist info dialog and select get fanart.

I hoped this was the case, but my problem is that I can not get the built in scrapers to pick up my locally stored fanart.jpg files. I have now tried deleting the MyMusic7.db library file and re-scraped my collection with no success. The local fanart is only displayed in visualization and Now Playing mode. When browsing at artist level I get the default scraper images for a small subset of artists, and no fanart for the others.

Is there maybe trick with regards to setting up the scraper settings to pick up the locally stored fanart.jpg files (similar to 'use folder names for lookups for the video scrapers') ? I have my music scraper set to Allmusic, scraping both Artist and Album information. I have also tried some of the other music scrapers with similar results.

- ronie - 2009-07-02

thomash72 Wrote:I hoped this was the case, but my problem is that I can not get the built in scrapers to pick up my locally stored fanart.jpg files. I have now tried deleting the MyMusic7.db library file and re-scraped my collection with no success. The local fanart is only displayed in visualization and Now Playing mode. When browsing at artist level I get the default scraper images for a small subset of artists, and no fanart for the others.

Is there maybe trick with regards to setting up the scraper settings to pick up the locally stored fanart.jpg files (similar to 'use folder names for lookups for the video scrapers') ? I have my music scraper set to Allmusic, scraping both Artist and Album information. I have also tried some of the other music scrapers with similar results.

Never had problems with fanart, and i don't think there's much you can enable in the allmusic.com scraper, besides the two options you've already selected.
On thing i can think of is your directory structure, it should be like this:
Music/Artist1/Album1
Music/Artist1/Album2
Music/Artist1/fanart.jpg
Music/Artist2/.....